Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
dfmalone
Disneyian In His Prime

Question What about DW that you love so much?

Ok here's another one,

What is about that you love about DW, what is it that keeps bringing you back year after year? What is about DW that has you itching to go back as soon as your visit is over?

For me, its alot of factors that come into play, MAN!!! where do I start, the weather, the atomosphere, the people, the MAGIC, the rides, the food, even down to the smells, the sun rises and sun sets (escp at Epcot right before fireworks) walking the parks at night, the light parade, AWW MAN I can go on and on, but i think the most important factor for ME is,being able to be a big kid again and create GREAT memories with my wife

2011 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, 2010 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 WDW Old Key West, 2008 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort ,2007 WDW Grosvenor Inn
Me and the Wife
dfmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
JohnnyLfromCT
Earning My Ears

The atmosphere, plain & simple.

Every time my wife and I step foot on WDW property, we instantly become the 12-year olds we still are on the inside (we're both 40 now).

I still clearly remember my first trip to WDW as a child in '78. I still remember my first ride on Space Mountain sitting in my dad's lap (which would never happen today due to the safety issue).

It's our favorite place in the world to go.
JohnnyLfromCT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Wow, good question.....here are a few reasons why we go back to Disney
- Love the magic that we are surrounded by 24 hrs. a day
- The service is Top Notch
- The look on both of my DDs faces when they see Cinderella's Castle, their favorite rides, and their favorite characters
- The resorts and all of the different themes that they have
- All the wonderful food that Disney serves at the different restaurants, whether it be QS or TS
- The first time I see the Rope Drop Ceremony at MK and then following the people of Main Street USA singing to the tunes that they are singing
- Being able to leave all of my worries at home and spend some much needed quality time with my family
- Being able to be a kid again and really enjoy the simpler things in life
- And the biggest reason why we go back is because I finally converted my DH into a Disney lover as well, and after having kids and living Disney through my kid's eyes, he is determined to go back to enjoy the experience with them year after year.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

You remember when you were a child, on Christmas morning, when house smells like oranges and cinnamon and you are running to the Christmas tree to open gifts, you are excited and happy to the point of fainting, that is the feeling I have in Disney. It is about going back home, back to your chilhood, back to your dreams.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

It is an escape from the real world.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
dfmalone
Disneyian In His Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
You remember when you were a child, on Christmas morning, when house smells like oranges and cinnamon and you are running to the Christmas tree to open gifts, you are excited and happy to the point of fainting, that is the feeling I have in Disney. It is about going back home, back to your chilhood, back to your dreams.
Couldnt have said it better

2011 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, 2010 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 WDW Old Key West, 2008 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort ,2007 WDW Grosvenor Inn
Me and the Wife
dfmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

This is going to sound dull compared to everyone else's posts about all of the magic, yada yada. For us, it's that it provides the rare combination of great golf for my husband and entertainment for me. All other golf vacations leave me stuck at the hotel while my husband takes the rental car to golf courses. WDW gives me choices on how I get to spend my day.

We go somewhere new on vacation every year but we also go to WDW 2x a year because it provides the best of all worlds for us.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
This is going to sound dull compared to everyone else's posts about all of the magic, yada yada. For us, it's that it provides the rare combination of great golf for my husband and entertainment for me. All other golf vacations leave me stuck at the hotel while my husband takes the rental car to golf courses. WDW gives me choices on how I get to spend my day.

We go somewhere new on vacation every year but we also go to WDW 2x a year because it provides the best of all worlds for us.
I don't think that sounds dull. I think that is a great reason. I just love the fact that I can go somewhere & forget about everything else & you are in a different "world" for a short time. It is also a place that my DH & 2 DS's (16 & 20) can go & all have a great time together. I treasure that family time Life is usually so hectic with all of us going in different directions. Is it close to my next vacation to Disney....
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Good question!

What I love about Disney:

The feeling of magic I feel as soon as we drive into the gates. It's unlike any other place I have ever been.

The service. Someone else said it on another post I read today, but even with we stay in a Value resort, I truly feel we get the same dedication and service as when we stay DVC.

"Bang for your buck." Now, this might sound strange on the surface. I acknowledge that even with doing it budget-style, you are still probably going to spend more on a Disney vacation vs other vacations you could take. But I really feel that every dime I have spent there is worth it!

The memories with family. This trip will be my 3rd with my aunt, uncle and my 4 cousins. This is a special bonding time for us; these cousins feel more like my brothers and sister due to all the time we've spent together.

Have a great day, everyone!!

DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #10
Coach81
DIS Veteran

My Family
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
lake queen
Mouseketeer

Its like the air is different there-- you step thru the train station at MK, and instantly all of lives little worries melt away in the background!!!

Where else can you sing Disney songs in public all day and not get strange looks?
2006 - POP
2007- Dolphin/POP

2009- CSR with free dining!
2012-Disneyland
2014-CSR Christmas with FD
lake queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
FigNewton
DIS Veteran

To steal an ad pitch from TRU... I don't wanna grow up I'm a WDW kid. And I always will be! Simple as that.
FigNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #13
Fall1
DIS Veteran

For me it's the atmosphere and the fact that it doesn't feel like the real world at all! It's like you get to escape the real world and live just in the perfect Disney World for 1 week. That's the main reason I love staying onsite....I don't even want to see the real world while we are there!!

11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #14
purpliequeen
DIS Veteran

Used to be the hospitality. Now that that's pretty much non-existent (with a few exceptions, of course), it's the "cleanliness," the attractions, the themes throughout the parks and resorts, and the restaurants (although this is dwindling as well). It's also the idea that you can go to one place in FL and be willing to spend 7+ days there with different things to see/do everyday. Oh, and the fireworks. I LOVE the fireworks.
~Dec. '05~ Saratoga Springs Resort
~Aug. '06~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
~June '07~ Beach Club Villas
~Dec. '08 - Jan. '09~ Yacht Club & Grand Floridian
~Jan. '10~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Concierge
~Dec. '10~ Christmas at Boardwalk Villas
~Mar. '11~ Bay Lake Tower
~Dec. '11~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
purpliequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #15
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLfromCT View Post
The atmosphere, plain & simple.

Every time my wife and I step foot on WDW property, we instantly become the 12-year olds we still are on the inside (we're both 40 now).

I still clearly remember my first trip to WDW as a child in '78. I still remember my first ride on Space Mountain sitting in my dad's lap (which would never happen today due to the safety issue).

It's our favorite place in the world to go.
That is exactly what I was going to say!
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, fun times, love, vacation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: