DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Live at BLT!

DD and I checked in yesterday at BLT and first impression was excellent! The CM who directed us at check in was so friendly and the CM who did the actual check in was wonderful as well.

We took Magical Express (first time and last lol) and we arrived exhausted since we had been up since 3 am. We heard the magical words "your room is ready.." and could have kissed her! LOL.

We are in a Bay Lake View room on floor 6 right in the middle facing the pool. The room is fabulous! We enjoyed the Electrical water parade last night from our balcony around 10 pm or a bit after. Earlier we had taken the monorail over to the Grand Floridian and enjoyed dinner at 1900 Park Fare. We have the meal plan this trip. On our way back we saw a spectacular view of the Halloween Fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom.

The only negatives are the missing bar stools and granite ledge on the center island. Why are they shown in the models but are not in the unit? And also no ceiling fans in the room. We discovered at bed time there were no bed pillows for the sleep sofas and we had trouble figuring out the lock on our balcony door. Maintenance sent two men up who very kindly showed us how to operate this weird locking system. They said it was to keep the kiddies from getting in or out, but it also works for some mechanically challenged adults too, LOL!

Today will be a MNSSHP day for us and we can't wait! Will report back later and try to answer any questions too.....
Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

so glad you are enjoying BLT!! Sounds lovely. We just arrived yesterday also to OKW and really enjoying it!

We did MNSSHP last night and it was great! It was our first time and we are hooked!! So i hope you have a blast tonight!!

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
photobob
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the post, look forward to hearing more as you trip continues!
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
allflgirl
Mouseketeer

The only negatives are the missing bar stools and granite ledge on the center island. Why are they shown in the models but are not in the unit?

Actually, there are bar stools and granite ledge in some of the units. A friend of mine has stayed there 2 times in 2 bed dedicated and the first time they faced the Comtemporary & marina and have the bar stools and granite ledge. The second visit they were facing the pool and no bar stools or granite ledge. She swore the room was actually narrower than the other and there wouldn't be any room to add those items. She said in the 2 bed facing the Comtemporary, they had a laundry closet but the one facing the pool it was actually a laundry room. That's probably why the main room is more narrow.
allflgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We were recently at the WL, and could not find the pillows for the sleeper sofa. We discovered the next day, when putting it back together, that the pillows were in a little compartment inside of the pull out bed. We didn't notice them when pulling the sofa open, but they were noticeable when putting it back together. It really is an ingenious system!
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
The only negatives are the missing bar stools and granite ledge on the center island. Why are they shown in the models but are not in the unit?

Glad you're enjoying BLT! And thanks for confirming what I saw in a Lakeroom video back when BLt opened - it was a 2 BR located facing the pool. What immediately jumped out at me was the lack of stools and no ledge. The room also looked like it was not as wide as the model. That led me to speculate that many (if not all?) of the pool facing rooms had to be modified in their setup because of the shape of the building. All the pics I've seen of outside "C" rooms have the stools and ledge.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
LisaRN97
Mouseketeer

So jealous of you right now!!! Have a fantastic time, can't wait to see some pics!

BLT: 09/2009; 08/2010; 10/2012; 11/2013; 03/2015
DCL: 3-day Wonder 09/2009; 4-day Wonder 02/2014; 7-day Alaska 06/2014; 7-day Fantasy 10/2015
AK Kidani: 08/2011
LisaRN97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaRN97 View Post
So jealous of you right now!!! Have a fantastic time, can't wait to see some pics!
Me too!

Bobbi
Old 10-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
SCDizneyDawn
DIS Veteran

We checkin to BLT tomorrow afternoon, so we will see you there!!! I will be like the kids in the Disney comercial "I'm too exctited to sleep" tonight!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
arthur06
DDC #689

We bought at BLT in July, so couldn't get a reservation for our trip that leaves Sunday. We are split stay with SSR and AKL! Will stop by BLT and take a look though! Glad you are enjoying it...eventhough I am a bit jealous!

November '12 Disneyland/VGC Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964937

arthur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
DVC Mike

DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
DD and I checked in yesterday at BLT and first impression was excellent!

We are in a Bay Lake View room on floor 6 right in the middle facing the pool. The room is fabulous!
Enjoy BLT!

Waiting to hear more...

Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Thanks for the report!

Have a great stay!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:42 AM   #13
nll007
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by allflgirl View Post

Actually, there are bar stools and granite ledge in some of the units. A friend of mine has stayed there 2 times in 2 bed dedicated and the first time they faced the Comtemporary & marina and have the bar stools and granite ledge. The second visit they were facing the pool and no bar stools or granite ledge. She swore the room was actually narrower than the other and there wouldn't be any room to add those items.
Hi All, thanks so much for this info, this is the type of great information that Disney never mentions. So if not all rooms have granite counters and stools, what materials are the counters?
nll007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #14
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Good morning! The countertops are still granite, however, the center island is smaller and without the "ledge" which is an overhang that provides a table area for the bar stools per the model set up. This is a work space island, but no way to sit at it to enjoy a snack or meal. Not a problem for us, but may be if you are a family seeking maximum meal seating space.

Our laundry is a closet area as well. The broom, vacuum etc are in there, as well as DD's clothes which she hung up in there.

The pool has not seemed crowded at all, though yesterday we did a full 12 hours at the MK. We attended MNSSHP and had a great time. We headed out just before the second parade.

Dinner was at Tony's and we were treated to an excellent server and fabulous meal. Our table face the center water fountain with Lady and the Tramp on top. We had a reservation for 5 pm and the walk ins (there were tons of them) were being told a very long wait time and that they would only be seated in the outdoor area. Not so good when it is record temps of 95+ here this week. Lesson for all - call for ADR's.

We had picked up very limited items at the Market in the Contemporary, but they do have a nice selection of food items for those who do not have a car nor do a grocery service. I was able to pickup a nice Minnie Witch Hat antennae topper in another shop there, which has been limited to find elsewhere.

The bus service has been very good, and we did the walk from BLT to the MK. I was hesitant as I am not as agile these days, lol. But from our room on the 6th floor, walking at a leisurely pace, it was only 15 minutes to get to the the security bag check. So definitely give it a try. About half the walk had shaded areas so that was helpful too.

Our goal today is to hit Food & Wine and to make it to Top of the World later.

One more mention, the CM's here at BLT and the Contemporary have been fabulous. Very nice and helpful.

My Guide Ron gave us a Welcome Home call! This is DD's first visit as a new DVC/BLT owner and it was nice to hear his cheery message on our phone!

More later....
Old 10-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #15
nll007
Earning My Ears

Thanks for taking some time away from your vacation for this...I'm some 3000 miles and 7 long months away from our next Disney vacation, so yes, we are living vicariously through you in a small way.

BTW, Your mention of walk times from your room to security check is perfect...for me anyways. I find vague descriptions like 'short walk' to be useless....yes, that's the precise planning in me talking. Thanks again!!!!
nll007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: