Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #121
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am looking at wanting to begin Disney Theme nights come March—our twenty six week mark is in the middle of the month. I am thinking of doing one each month. When it gets closer, we will begin our actual countdown. (I am still not a 100% certain of what exactly I will be making as a countdown…that is for another day). I know about the Disney theme night thread, but I am wondering if any of you have actually done any before. What did you have a great time doing?

I should put out the disclaimer I am not planning them to be extravagant each week. Some weeks will be bigger than others while some might be just watching a movie as a family. We shall see what transpire but I want to get a jump on planning them. I would any and all suggestions you might have! TIA!!

__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR



Last edited by Charlefours; 01-05-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Charlefours is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #122
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

Stephanie,

I have done a couple but if you check out Nickie's PTR's she has done some. Her user name is (my2disneyboys). She has a PTR going now but last year she did some almost every week and they were outstanding. She has lots of cute ideas. Check out her PTR's for sure! They are a lot of fun!

Here's the link to her report from last year. The first page has links ot some of the Disney Nights she did..others later on aren't linked I don't think. She did a good job keeping it simple yet very fun and cute. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2086904
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR

Last edited by leamom2princesses; 01-05-2010 at 03:01 PM.
leamom2princesses is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #123
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Thanks Leanne! I will go and check out her previous (and probably current) PTR!
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR


Charlefours is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #124
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Magic Kingdom: Our Wishes, no Thank Yous and Sprinkles

I do not want to turn into one of the commando moms—we all know what I mean. I have access to the touringplans.com website since I have the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2010, which allows me access for the year. So here is what I am thinking—I want to have a good idea of what we would like to accomplish in each park. Instead of saying it as Must Dos, I am referring to them as Our Wishes. No Thank Yous are the ones we are, obviously, by-passing. The Sprinkles—they are extra little sweetness on top of our sundaes or cookies—what we will hit if the opportunity presents itself. I will also compile a list of other events that those who like the thrill rides, can go off and do (to be known as For the Thrill Seekers). Lilian, DMIL and I will either pop-a-squat, shop or play at the playground when available. After I figure out these, I think I will pop them into the UG’s website to see what order they suggest (I think that is possible). Even if I cannot, I like the idea of knowing what I will be looking forward to doing BEFORE we get to the park but of course, all for the spontaneous events that are bound to happen. What do you all think?

So without further ado, here is our MK Wishes, No Thank Yous, Sprinkles and For the Thrill Seekers.

Our Wishes
Dumbo, Ariel’s Grotto, Mickey and Minnie’s Homes, Donald’s Boat and Goofy’s Barnstormer (obviously will be depending on what state they are in when we go with the Fantasyland expansion), BTMR, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, POC, HM, IASW, MTP, Pooh’s Playful Spot, PPF and HOP

No Thank Yous
SWSA, Stitch’s Great Escape, Swiss Family Treehouse, AO, TIS and TTA

Sprinkles (Lilian loves sprinkles as a special treat on desserts!)
Winnie the Pooh, Buzz, CGC, WDWR, Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tikki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Mickey’s Philharmagic, CoP and LFCC

For the Thrill Seekers
Space Mountain and Splash Mountain

Characters we will be looking forward to meeting:

Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Goofy, Princesses, Fairies and perhaps Mary Poppins, Peter Pan and Wendy

Extra things I will want to see:

Liberty Tree

Parades, Shows and Evening Entertainments
Storytime with Bell, Afternoon Parade (does anyone know if this is going to be the same or are they changing it?), SpectroMagic Parade and Wishes

I know it seems like a lot now that I have it written up!! Wow, I think I am being a bit
advantageous—what do you all think? On my and DH’s first trip, we never did Fantasyland, breezed through Mickey’s Toontown Fair and Tomorrowland. For the most part, we spent hardly any time in MK. I am really looking forward to exploring and getting to know MK. We are planning the afternoon/evening of our arrival day there and Lilian’s birthday definitely. We are also seriously considering MNSSHP for Friday night, so that would be from 7:00-midnight, if we do not go in earlier. AND depending on how that goes, we may make a quick dash in Saturday morning before we leave. So adding it all up, we will probably be spending almost two full days there possibly two and half days.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts! Thank you for reading my incredibly long post!!
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR



Last edited by Charlefours; 01-06-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Charlefours is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #125
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I made the decision to contact a travel agent regarding our trip. After Becky (ladybugmom) raved about her’s, I contacted the one she recommended. Let me just tell you—she is FABULOUS!!! I spent almost two hours on the phone with her this morning, before she was even guaranteed that I would be switching my ressie over to her. It was completely easy to speak to her, and we got along so well. I can tell this is going to be a huge ASSEST to our trip. I am so excited!!

The best thing about it: she is FREE!! You read correctly, she is FREE!! Disney pays her commission so she will help me with everything and anything or as little as I would like but I do not have to pay anything extra. Honestly, I would be more than willing to pay her OOP if I needed to—she is that amazing!! If you are slightest interested or intrigued, feel free to PM me and I will send you her contact information. You will not regret it!!

With my semester about to begin (I have begun studying for it already), going straight through the summer and being in classes when we are actually traveling down combined with the grand gathering and being an obsessive planner, I figured I could use the help and guidance!! I will, of course, update and let you know how it goes.


I still not believe we are going to Disney this year!!!!
YAY!!! I'm so glad that you called Angela!! I told you that she was fabulous!!! You will not regret using her to plan your trip!! I'm sooo excited for you!!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #126
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I do not want to turn into one of the commando moms—we all know what I mean. I have access to the touringplans.com website since I have the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2010, which allows me access for the year. So here is what I am thinking—I want to have a good idea of what we would like to accomplish in each park. Instead of saying it as Must Dos, I am referring to them as Our Wishes. No Thank Yous are the ones we are, obviously, by-passing. The Sprinkles—they are extra little sweetness on top of our sundaes or cookies—what we will hit if the opportunity presents itself. I will also compile a list of other events that those who like the thrill rides, can go off and do (to be known as For the Thrill Seekers). Lilian, DMIL and I will either pop-a-squat, shop or play at the playground when available. After I figure out these, I think I will pop them into the UG’s website to see what order they suggest (I think that is possible). Even if I cannot, I like the idea of knowing what I will be looking forward to doing BEFORE we get to the park but of course, all for the spontaneous events that are bound to happen. What do you all think?

So without further ado, here is our MK Wishes, No Thank Yous, Sprinkles and For the Thrill Seekers.

Our Wishes
Dumbo, Ariel’s Grotto, Mickey and Minnie’s Homes, Donald’s Boat and Goofy’s Barnstormer (obviously will be depending on what state they are in when we go with the Fantasyland expansion), BTMR, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, POC, HM, IASW, MTP, Pooh’s Playful Spot, PPF and HOP

No Thank Yous
SWSA, Stitch’s Great Escape, Swiss Family Treehouse, AO, TIS and TTA

Sprinkles (Lilian loves sprinkles as a special treat on desserts!)
Winnie the Pooh, Buzz, CGC, WDWR, Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tikki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Mickey’s Philharmagic, CoP and LFCC

For the Thrill Seekers
Space Mountain and Splash Mountain

Characters we will be looking forward to meeting:

Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Goofy, Princesses, Fairies and perhaps Mary Poppins, Peter Pan and Wendy

Extra things I will want to see:

Liberty Tree

Parades, Shows and Evening Entertainments
Storytime with Bell, Afternoon Parade (does anyone know if this is going to be the same or are they changing it?), SpectroMagic Parade and Wishes
I know it seems like a lot now that I have it written up!! Wow, I think I am being a bit
advantageous—what do you all think? On my and DH’s first trip, we never did Fantasyland, breezed through Mickey’s Toontown Fair and Tomorrowland. For the most part, we spent hardly any time in MK. I am really looking forward to exploring and getting to know MK. We are planning the afternoon/evening of our arrival day there and Lilian’s birthday definitely. We are also seriously considering MNSSHP for Friday night, so that would be from 7:00-midnight, if we do not go in earlier. AND depending on how that goes, we may make a quick dash in Saturday morning before we leave. So adding it all up, we will probably be spending almost two full days there possibly two and half days.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts! Thank you for reading my incredibly long post!!
[/FONT]
Oooh--I would definitely do MNSSHP!! I've heard such great things about it!! We spent 3 full days in Magic Kingdom last May and had plenty to do!! Oh--and I love your wishes titles!! VERY cute and creative!!!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #127
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Thanks Becky again for the information about Angela! She is great! It will be such a relief to have her helping making the ressies and such.

Thanks--I wanted to come up with a fun way to talk about what we wanted to do and the little extra somethings.

MNSSHP--I am really excited about it!! I think it is going to work out that we will go but we need to wait to make sure the dates are similar to last year's dates. They rarely alter things like that but with the economy, I am not sure if they will scale back on it. I sure hope not!!

I read your TR--I am glad that you had such a lovely time (despite all that rain! ) We went in May our only other trip and I believe all I remember us ever getting was sprinkles here and there.
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR


Charlefours is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #128
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,841

You have to do MNSSHP! We went in September and had so much fun. All the characters are dressed up and the parade is WONDERFUL! It's definitely worth it!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #129
DW2010
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 866

Just wanted to say that we're also celebrating my DD's 4th birthday. Her birthday is October 2nd but the rates were higher then so we're going September 27-30 . I need to catch up on your PTR!
__________________
Me(30)Dh(32)DD(5)
DW2010 is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #130
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
You have to do MNSSHP! We went in September and had so much fun. All the characters are dressed up and the parade is WONDERFUL! It's definitely worth it!
Yay Jenny--I think I remember reading your TR covering it!! You went before your cruise? I am pretty sure we are going to do it but it cannot be a definite until Disney releases dates. So far it is just listed as Autumn 2010. Food and Wine Festival dates are out, which is running a shorter time. Part of me is wondering if they will be doing the same with MNSSHP (cut back on the number of times).
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR


Charlefours is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #131
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW2010 View Post
Just wanted to say that we're also celebrating my DD's 4th birthday. Her birthday is October 2nd but the rates were higher then so we're going September 27-30 . I need to catch up on your PTR!


How fun!! I don't blame you for shifting the dates. It is such a great deal, especially if the dining plan deal is offered again this year. Have you made any plans yet?
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR


Charlefours is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #132
KELLY
DIS Veteran
 
KELLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wells,me,usa
Posts: 5,605

Just catching up on your PTR. We will be there 9/25 checking out 10/3. So I'm on the boards every day9need something to do to fill my time). We booked free dining as a bounce back. We are currently at CBR. But I'm going to call next week and try to get either AKL or WL. I really want to stay deluxe again. But I told dh if I room only code comes out we are staying at the poly. He would like to stay there also as we went to vist this trip and he thought the monorail and being close was so worth it.
__________________

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #133
kcandbella
DIS Veteran
 
kcandbella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 955

Love the wishes lists! I like the sprinkles category-great idea! Very creative. We have a lot of the same to-do's, which makes sense since our DDs are so close in age.

I love the idea of Disney theme nights!!!
What a great idea. Make sure to post when you come up with ideas!
__________________
Me (Kayce) DD Bella (9)
Nov 2014 CB
Feb 2014 ASM, SOG--Glass Slipper Challenge
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
kcandbella is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #134
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Just catching up on your PTR. We will be there 9/25 checking out 10/3. So I'm on the boards every day9need something to do to fill my time). We booked free dining as a bounce back. We are currently at CBR. But I'm going to call next week and try to get either AKL or WL. I really want to stay deluxe again. But I told dh if I room only code comes out we are staying at the poly. He would like to stay there also as we went to vist this trip and he thought the monorail and being close was so worth it.
I know the DISboards fulfill my need for my Disney fix too. I am hoping to convince DH that we should due a trip the following year, we will see how that goes! I hope you get your deal! WL is my dream resort!! Before we ended up as a GG, I was looking at WL seriously considering it. Oh well, next time or the time after right?!

Isn't funny how we can sit here and also discuss our NEXT trip before the other is even here! I guess that is how you know you are addicted!
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR


Charlefours is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #135
PixieDustPrincess05
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
 
PixieDustPrincess05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 408

Oh no!!!! Mickeys Philharmagic is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, you dont wanna miss this ride it is fantastic!!! It is one of our favorites. They pack alot of people into the theater, so you really usually are not waiting that long for this- or you can always FP it. But the show itself is awesome. Especially on a hot Disney afternoon, it is always nice to get out of the heat and relax in the ice cold a/c. Trust me, once you do this attraction it will be somewhere near the top of your list .

Love the plans so far though!!!
__________________
Janine (Me) Paul (DH) Austin (DS) (8)


Our May 2012 Pre-Trip Report- What Will We Celebrate?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867909




PixieDustPrincess05 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When your job impacts your child Mickey'snewestfan Community Board 101 10-12-2009 09:56 PM
Very Unofficial October Grand Gathering Plan - For me and other crazy people like me Whipperwhirl Camping Community Board 9 10-09-2009 10:27 AM
Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Break wdwfan Disney Cruise Line Forum 17 10-08-2009 08:46 PM
Ok, so my DD left this am Trish5768 Community Board 4 10-08-2009 08:34 PM
I am going to a Creative Memories Gathering MsDisney23 Scrapbooking 3 10-08-2009 08:11 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: