Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #751
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

I'm always worried that I forgot everything! I've stopped the car on many occasions, to open the trunk and dig through a suitcase to check if I had packed some obscure item!

Here's one item that I have forgotten on many trips, and it drives me crazy----(Call it my vanity)-----Tweezers!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 05-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #752
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

I love the idea of the hanging shoe organizer to put toiletry items in and such. That way they aren't in the way when mousekeeping comes around to clean either! I will have to add that to my list. I also want to buy a cheap pillowcase/mesh laundry bag to use for our dirty laundry throughout the trip. The idea of the power strip is great as well. I never thought of that!

The one thing that sticks out that were forgotten were 1. Sunglasses for my 2006 trip and 2. DH sunglasses for our Dec. 2009 trip.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #753
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
My toothbrush. I always forget my toothbrush.
Isn't it funny how something such as a toothbrush, something you use every day, is what would be forgotten!! TFS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Of course..SUNSCREEN and sunglasses! I can't think of anything we've ever forgotten, but apart from the usual stuff, we always take a small pair of scissors and a small screwdriver. I've only used the scissors once when a tag was bothering Emily and the screwdriver we used often because the battery cover on our stroller fan has a screw to open and close it. That being said, have you thought about a stroller fan? Oh, and don't forget a pair of nail clippers! I'm sure I'll think of some more stuff before you go, but that's it for now.

Ooh, I just thought of something else...I take those straps for baby bottles and sippies to put around water bottles and attach them to the stroller so if Emily dropped the bottle, it wouldn't be lost.

You might like this thread...there are millions of great ideas for packing and essentials you may need!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1082988
Thanks Wendy! Do you take hats too? For yourself and the family? That is something I am thinking after I have had a pink scalp from our stroller walks. I don't know if I am going to take a stroller fan but I know we will have misty mates with us to help cool us down.

Thanks for the link--I will check it out.
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 05-06-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #754
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I haven't forgotten anything in years but that is because I keep a neurotic planning list in a Word document. Will be happy to email it to you if you want.
Thanks Kristine! I am working on mine but when it gets closer, I may ask to see yours if the offer still stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
I am most worried about forgetting the kids' passports! We'll need them for ID so we can use their GAD vouchers for FP and I'm so worried I'll forget them! I have all of our special 'Disney' items together in plastic tub so I'm not worried about forgetting anything like autograph books or journals. Toiletries and such don't worry me either because that stuff is easily purchased (at a price sure but still not disastrous to our trip). Passports always freak me out though, whether we need them for GAD or to actually get on an international flight, for some reason I have a huge fear of forgetting them. Maybe I've seen too many tv shows/ movies with people at the airport without theirs!
That is a big one Hope! I have started a Disney area in our basement--tub and box of stuff to remember. Right now all of DD's clothes we have for the trip are downstairs.
September 2010 PTR

Old 05-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #755
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
very welcome...please show pictures when you make it and then of course the completed project!

my answer...

I always worry I will forget the touring plans for each day and we won't know what to do...I even had a "nightmare" about that of course that won't really happen.

Last yr, DH realized in the car on the way to the airport he forgot his nasal strips for sleeping, good thing for 24 hr open Walgreens.

those morning tolietries and medicines are the things I do worry about. and I always want to make sure I have enough space in the bags going cause it will be mighty filled coming home.

Only one time were we there we needed something we didn't have luckily my parents were coming 4 days later and came to the rescue...needed rope and duck tape to fix a ripped and fallen under stroller basket.
I will show what I do--I have to get it done first. Medicines would be something I definitely do not want to forget either. Besides the daily meds, I want to make sure I bring down pain reliever, sinus and allergy medications. Last time, DH and I both ended up with horrible allergies and paid the outrageous Disney price for medicine! Lesson learned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
We've never forgotten anything (knock on wood), but I too have a crazy long packing list saved in Word. I add things to it all the time!!! Do you have a Disney box??? I bought a small tote at Target and whenever I buy things for the trip, I throw it in the box (travel sized items, Disney pins, ponchos, etc). It's great!! It's currently in my basement, but as the trip gets closer, I move it into my closet. I never start packing until the day before we leave. Call me crazy, but that's how I operate. If I packed any earlier, I know I'd forget things. I don't know how people pack clothing so early...I need to wear those things!!!

Anyways...something that I've learned to bring is a power strip. There never seems to be enough outlets in hotel rooms and who wants their things spread out all over the room. I plugged our power strip in by our table at Pop and it was great. We could charge our cell phones, camera and ipods all in one spot! Since Pop doesn't have enough counter space by the sink, I also bring a hanging shoe organizer. We each put our things in different slots and it was wonderful.

If you want my ultimate packing list, I'd be more than happy to email it to you!
We do have a Disney area, where I have been putting things in a box. I also have a bag and a bin down there too. The bag of clothes we got at Christmas that are most likely not going to fit her. The bin is filled with Lilian's clothes we know we are taking with us. As I pick up things, I stick it down there to keep it all together.

The power strip is something I definitely don't think I would have thought of--great suggestions! With chargers for phones, my computer, etc it will definitely be something I add to our list.

I may take you up when we get closer on sharing your packing list--I will let you know. If not, would be willing to look over mine and tell me what I am forgetting?
September 2010 PTR

Old 05-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #756
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I always worry about forgetting something personal like Zachary's special blankie that he needs to sleep!
I figure the other stuff can be purchased if I forget!
My MIL is always surprised that I'm so mellow about packing but I remind her that Disney is in a civilized country with plenty of modern conveniences, the CMs all speak English, and they accept American dollars.
Amanda
The personal items are the hardest to replace--especially if they are things young ones are attached to. Good attitude to have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Hey Stephenie, Glad you were able to get free dining at CSR - how fun to try a new place! CSR was not our favorite, but there were some really great things about it - #1 being fabulous transportations! We almost never had to wait for a bus, never had to stand, and always short waits at night compared to the other resorts.

Hmmm, what am I afraid I'll forget? I guess the things that if I DID forget them, might ruin the trip - like my contacts or glasses (before I had lasik), or my asthma meds. I have a super comprehensive checklist that I print out each year. It covers everything!
I know it is hit or miss whether people like CSR. It will be good to try a new place nonetheless! I hear the bus service is really good--that will be a nice thing.

I am working on the packing list, the master one for the whole trip as well as the daily checklists. TFS!
September 2010 PTR

Old 05-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #757
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
things that were helpful that I would never have thought to bring until I talked with disers. hand towel in the parks to dry of stroller or any unexpected spills that might happen. fan with mister it definitely helps on those really hot days, buy ahead of time at walmart or target for 1/4 of the price you would pay at disney. Things to do for yourself on the plane or drive. I focused so much on the kids and then when suprisingly they were both asleep I had nothing for myself. Book, magazine, ipod, etc. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
Definitely am planning on getting misty mates because I there is no way I want to pay the Disney prices for those things! Good point about things for me and DH! Funny how we always forget about ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
First, congrats on CSR and Free Dining!! Second, like everyone else, I really like the Rasberry Autograph book.

I am always afraid of forgetting: my camera, allergy meds, glasses (because I wear contacts), Josie's nebulizer, spare CF card, and spare batteries.

I have forgotten: my glasses, saline solution, mister fans, ponchos

The things I didn't pack because I didn't think of it: I can't think of anything for this one. I'll think on it and get back to ya!
Hi Leanne! Thank you--we are excited about the switch and who does not like free dining! I think that is definitely the album I am going to order. Everyone seems to like it and it is my favorite one too.

Medicines were something I did not think to pack last time--those ones that you don't take everyday but should take because you will need them without fail. We bought allergy medicine from the Epcot International Gateway shop but man, those were expensive!
September 2010 PTR

Old 05-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #758
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
I'm always terrified of forgetting my glasses (because I have, and I'm totally blind without them and it makes nighttime parenting very very difficult), ID (because before I was 16 I didn't have ID, and I was denied getting on a flight to Canada--they let me fly from Canada to the US a week before--and the guy at the counter would not help me at all, he was just like, sorry, you can't fly!), and camera. I probably check to make sure I have ID (and our flight itinerary for confirmation number) about 100 times. Maybe 200. Drives DH crazy. I probably should be more paranoid about forgetting our cell phone chargers and battery charger for the camera!
Camera is a big thing I am worried about too. Cell phone chargers--we have forgotten those in the past before for trips down to my sister's or when I go down to campus. Not the best thing to forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I'm always worried that I forgot everything! I've stopped the car on many occasions, to open the trunk and dig through a suitcase to check if I had packed some obscure item!

Here's one item that I have forgotten on many trips, and it drives me crazy----(Call it my vanity)-----Tweezers!
Tweezers not something I would have had on my list.
September 2010 PTR

Old 05-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #759
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I love the idea of the hanging shoe organizer to put toiletry items in and such. That way they aren't in the way when mousekeeping comes around to clean either! I will have to add that to my list. I also want to buy a cheap pillowcase/mesh laundry bag to use for our dirty laundry throughout the trip. The idea of the power strip is great as well. I never thought of that!

The one thing that sticks out that were forgotten were 1. Sunglasses for my 2006 trip and 2. DH sunglasses for our Dec. 2009 trip.
Sunglasses are something that are difficult to replace (for adults anyways). I like the idea of the power strip too, I added it to my list.
September 2010 PTR

Old 05-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #760
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Isn't it funny how something such as a toothbrush, something you use every day, is what would be forgotten!! TFS! [/COLOR]
It always slips my mind and then I get to wherever I'm going and have to stop in the hotel shop to buy one! Now I have a travel toothbrush that I keep in my toiletries case at all times so I never forget it!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 05-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #761
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Things I don't want to forget:

Pop up hamper for dirty clothes.
I picked one up on clearance, clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond in February. We took it to NC and it worked out great!! It is with our camping stuff so I don't want to forget to shift it over to our Disney pile.

Medicines: both the daily and the occasional. I mentioned it in replies back to postings, but we forgot allergy/sinus meds when we went down last time and ended up needing them. We had to pay Disney prices for it!

ADR numbers:
just in case we need them. Though I am lucky because I can call our TA to get them if we were to forget them.

Odd question: for you parents, do you travel with identification for your children? I know with the GAD promotion, many are but without the promotion would you? The only identification we have for Lilian would be her birth certificate. Should I carry a copy of it with us?
September 2010 PTR

Old 05-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #762
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I may take you up when we get closer on sharing your packing list--I will let you know. If not, would be willing to look over mine and tell me what I am forgetting?
Absolutely!!! I can compare your list to mine and see if you're forgetting anything!

Quote:
Things I don't want to forget:

Pop up hamper for dirty clothes.
I picked one up on clearance, clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond in February. We took it to NC and it worked out great!! It is with our camping stuff so I don't want to forget to shift it over to our Disney pile.

Medicines: both the daily and the occasional. I mentioned it in replies back to postings, but we forgot allergy/sinus meds when we went down last time and ended up needing them. We had to pay Disney prices for it!

ADR numbers:
just in case we need them. Though I am lucky because I can call our TA to get them if we were to forget them.

Odd question: for you parents, do you travel with identification for your children? I know with the GAD promotion, many are but without the promotion would you? The only identification we have for Lilian would be her birth certificate. Should I carry a copy of it with us?
I will be taking a copy of Maddie's birth certificate with us. We both had GAD vouchers, so I will need it for that. If you plan on doing a TR when you get back, I highly recommend bringing a trip journal with you. I bring a Vera Bradley mini notebook with me and carry it in my Hipster. Whenever we're standing in line or riding the buses, I update what we've done so far. On the first page, I always write down the park hours, parade times, etc for the week. On the next page, I write down all of my ADR's with the times and confirmation #'s. That way, I always have it with me. The VB notebook has 2 small pockets in the front. I print out a list of the attractions that are open for AM EMH and PM EMH for each park and keep them in the pockets.

We just use one of our empty suitcases for our dirty clothes because I refuse to do laundry while I'm at Disney. The only time I did do laundry was when we stayed at a Marriott offsite (with my parents timeshare points) and there was a washer & dryer in the room.

Meds are definately a must. I always bring pain reliever and sinus stuff with us. However, when you get a sinus infection (like I did last June), Sudafed just doesn't cut it.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 05-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #763
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I like the power strip idea! We never have enough outlets to re-charge our electronic devices...
I always bring the birth certificates. I've never needed them but I always bring them.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #764
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Ok--since I'm a picture-taking fool I bought a back up battery for my Canon Rebel--along with the charger. Every night when we got back to the room I would download all of pictures onto my laptop (that way my memory in my camera was never full). Then I would charge the battery I used that day so I would always have TWO camera batteries just in case one died (it never did b/c I charged one every night but it gave me peace of mind knowing my camera was always functioning).
Old 05-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #765
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

The pop up hamper is a great idea. I remember last year we were stuffing our dirty clothes in a garbage bag and bringing to the laundry area in that. I'm putting that on my list, i'm going to start looking for a little cheap one!!!!

I bring birth certificates too, ya never know why or if you'd need them. I keep them in the room.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: