Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #136
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Love the wishes lists! I like the sprinkles category-great idea! Very creative. We have a lot of the same to-do's, which makes sense since our DDs are so close in age.

I love the idea of Disney theme nights!!!
What a great idea. Make sure to post when you come up with ideas!
Hi Kayce! Thanks--I thought it was a fun way to think about the things we want to do. I know our daughters are similar ages--it will be interesting reading your TR to see how your trip goes and how Bella reacts. You are planning a TR too, right?
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #137
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustPrincess05 View Post
Oh no!!!! Mickeys Philharmagic is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, you dont wanna miss this ride it is fantastic!!! It is one of our favorites. They pack alot of people into the theater, so you really usually are not waiting that long for this- or you can always FP it. But the show itself is awesome. Especially on a hot Disney afternoon, it is always nice to get out of the heat and relax in the ice cold a/c. Trust me, once you do this attraction it will be somewhere near the top of your list .

Love the plans so far though!!!
We did Mickey's Philharmagic the last time we went--we liked it though DH does not remember it. DD has never experience 3D so it is something to think about and I know my MIL will not be able to go into it. We shall see...

Thanks Janine--it is slowly shaping up. I sure it will change some--it is too far away for it not, right!
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #138
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Yay Jenny--I think I remember reading your TR covering it!! You went before your cruise? I am pretty sure we are going to do it but it cannot be a definite until Disney releases dates. So far it is just listed as Autumn 2010. Food and Wine Festival dates are out, which is running a shorter time. Part of me is wondering if they will be doing the same with MNSSHP (cut back on the number of times).
Yes, we went a couple nights before the cruise. I believe it was on 9/22? Before the 2009 dates were out, I looked at the 2008 dates. They were pretty much identical. I definitely think you'll have a date or two for MNSSHP during your stay. I want to go to that again because we missed a lot of the trails last time!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #139
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Hello!!! Sounds like your planning is coming right along!!! I want to start disney nights up soon too. I did them for my last trip and I did the same thing you were saying. Some weeks were more involved than others, but either way the kids enjoyed it every week.

I also put together a list before our last trip and i'll definitely do it again for this one, on what we HAD to see, what we didn't want to see and so on. It really worked, we made sure we did everyone's must dos and then went from there.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 01-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #140
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Hello!!! Sounds like your planning is coming right along!!! I want to start disney nights up soon too. I did them for my last trip and I did the same thing you were saying. Some weeks were more involved than others, but either way the kids enjoyed it every week.

I also put together a list before our last trip and i'll definitely do it again for this one, on what we HAD to see, what we didn't want to see and so on. It really worked, we made sure we did everyone's must dos and then went from there.
Yay, I am glad there are others who like to try to plan a list like me. I think it will help ME not feel so overwhelmed while there. Especially given we have not been there but one time so we really do not know our way around all that well. I am sure I will be studying maps before we go!

Disney Theme nights: I think I am going to do them once a week starting at our 26 week mark. I do not think I am necessarily follow the alphabet--but I definitely may try if I can get organized enough to do so. We are working with Lilian on it.
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #141
DW2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post

How fun!! I don't blame you for shifting the dates. It is such a great deal, especially if the dining plan deal is offered again this year. Have you made any plans yet?
We've booked 2 rooms at POP. My dad and step-mom are joining us . I'm going to book BBB and probably CRT for breakfast. Our day at Epcot will be Akershus for breakfast and Coral Reef for dinner. We'll get there hopefully around 11AM on the 27th and head to downtown disney. I think we only want to visit MK and Epcot. The 28th will be MK day and then we'll go to Epcot on the 29th. I'm so excited but it seems so far away...lol. I seriously hope free dining is offered. That would rock

Last edited by DW2010; 01-10-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #142
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

subbing in will be back later to read and get caught up...

seems to be alot of birthday trips in the making here in 2010...too bad they didn't keep the Celebrate promo for one more yr...

looking forward to your PTR!

Scrappie J~
Old 01-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #143
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW2010 View Post
We've booked 2 rooms at POP. My dad and step-mom are joining us . I'm going to book BBB and probably CRT for breakfast. Our day at Epcot will be Akershus for breakfast and Coral Reef for dinner. We'll get there hopefully around 11AM on the 27th and head to downtown disney. I think we only want to visit MK and Epcot. The 28th will be MK day and then we'll go to Epcot on the 29th. I'm so excited but it seems so far away...lol. I seriously hope free dining is offered. That would rock
Yay for more people! (ask me after the trip if I would still cheer for more people--) It's so much fun to plan!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #144
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post

subbing in will be back later to read and get caught up...

seems to be alot of birthday trips in the making here in 2010...too bad they didn't keep the Celebrate promo for one more yr...

looking forward to your PTR!

Scrappie J~
Scrappie J to my PTR!! I am so happy to have you over to it. It would be nice since we will be there on her birthday, but it is ok. I am hoping for free DDP still.
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #145
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW2010 View Post
I'll be there at the same time!!! Maybe a bunch of us should get together just to say hi!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #146
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Snow pictures!!!

I am finally getting around to posting some pictures of the snow we had this past week. The first two pictures are of the yard--not too much snow!! Only about 5 inches fell with another couple already there before.

The second two are of Lilian playing in the snow. We love to play with beach toys in the snow too! Lilian in the second picture was saying how cold the snow was!!

I thought I would share some other fun pictures. Lilian loves make-up and is playing with it already!! We let her play with it here in the house but she does not wear it out. She will dress me up too but this is when she put it on herself!

Last, but I think is so cute, here is Lilian watching a show this past week and lounging! I liked how comfy she looks!

Thanks for indulging me with personal pictures! I am hoping to get another trip update posted this week--EP's Our Wishes, No Thank Yous and Sprinkles.
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 01-13-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #147
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Great pics Stephanie! Love the snow covering your yard...I'm jealous of course. The makeup and lounge pics of Lilian are really sweet. They are so fun at 3 & 4. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time. It goes by so fast.

On a side note, school was out again today and they called it for tomorrow also! There isn't anything on the road at all anymore so I really don't get it. Crazy stuff. We have now missed 4 days of school for 1.5 inches of snow.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #148
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Cute pictures! That's how my nephew sits when he watches tv haha. The only difference is that he has one arm behind his head.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #149
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Very cute!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #150
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Leanne: 1.5 inches and 4 days out! Wow!! But then again, if the roads are freezing and slick, I can understand.

Thanks everyone!! She is a hoot (most days) and definitely has her moments.
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: