Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Back 9/25 Fairy and Weather update

Just got back from a wonderful 10 days in the world (down there 9/15 - 9/24).

Weather was great - hot/humid but breezy to a certain extent. No rain - none for the first 9 days then on day 10 multiple sprinkle type episodes.

Regarding the fairies - visited them 8 times in the 10 days - yes we're fairy nuts! Saw a lot of Tink and Rosetta, caught Vidia 4 times, Iridessa twice - had to actively work on finding Fawn and Terrance.

Fawn - saw her twice -once later in the trip by chance, once Rosetta and some character assistants worked some magic and let me know when she might fly in and we made a special trip to see her. Terrance was a challange - a huge thank you to character assistant Cindy from Jersey, NY - she got us some insider intel and we tracked Terrance down later one afternoon. He's apparently not flying in often - he's been very busy in PH. When he does fly in it's typically after 4 pm. Silvermist according to multiple sources is either no longer flying in at all (one source) or will be very difficult to find. I'm hoping she turns back up again but the source that said her visits were done seemed very sure about that information.

Loved the fairies as usual - they were just amazing. They all recognized DD from her multiple visits and when we (finally) met Terrance thanks to some major pixie dust (guest relations didn't even know he was flying in that day - it does pay to actually go to TT and check in person) he knew DD's name (he told her Tink and Rosetta had filled him in that she was looking for him - but I think it was actually some magic from Character Assistant Renee). DD was so excited to finally meet him and even more excited that he knew who she was!! All of the fairies made our visit so magical!!!

Interestingly enough it was challenging to get the new Tinker Bell movie - we bought it first thing Tuesday morning (after our fairy visit). It was tucked behind the register in County Bounty. Didn't see it in any other shops and it disappeared from CB pretty quickly. Did score the DS game in downtown Disney. The soundtrack has not appeared at all nor has the book.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Old 09-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
danny1649
Will be wearing some lime green
I just love to dance
Armed with this information I might be able to out score DW for once

DISboards Moderator

I Moved Your Post

Here where it is abetter fit.I did enjoy reading your post. Danny
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
Matthews4Disney
Mouseketeer

Awesome, thanks for this awesome update! PH is new since we last went to WDW...am I understanding correctly that it is one of the lines in the Judge's Tent in Toontown?

What were the high temps during your week? So glad you had a great time, thanks for all the awesome info!
Sept. 2006 POFQ: DS first trip and our first MNSSHP!
Aug./Sept. 2005 WL: DD turned 3 during her first trip to WDW!
Jan. 2002: Day Trip to MK ***Trips as a teen: DL, PO, CBR
Old 09-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

High temps were in the low 90's as I recall, lows were in the mid 70's - it was humid. We didn't pay a lot of attention to the numbers as down in FL (as here in NC) it's not the heat but the humidity that can really do you in. We got many cups of ice from the various places (free) to keep us cool and hydrated.

PH is in TT in the large red and white striped tent. It's not the judge's tent that's behind Mickey's house and is smaller and where you can meet Mickey and often Minnie.

The tent for PH is between Mickey and Minnie's Houses and across from a shop / snack area. It's very large and has a "County Bounty" sign (that's the shops name). When you enter there are 2 lines on the right (the big shop is in front of you and to your left) - the fairies are the far right line.

In case you don't know the advertised opening time for TT is 10 am but that's not when they really open - they actually open at 9:45. If you get there at 10 be prepared for a long fairy wait (generally over an hour). Best plan of action (IMO) is to be there around 9:30 and stake out a good spot by the rope - ideally left hand side or close to it. If you have a stroller park it elsewhere prior to opening. When the CMs come out around 9:45 (or a little earlier) they'll tell you that they will walk you over to the fairies and they do that quite well. No stampeed it's organized. You want to be on the left because that's the side where the tent is. Strollers must be left outside and parking one will slow you down. Goal is to be one of the first families in there then you have practically no wait.

Princess line is almost always shorter than the fairy line so if you want to see both see the fairies first then circle around to the princesses. Also princess line moves a lot faster!

• AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Old 09-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
Matthews4Disney
Mouseketeer

Awesome, thanks for the great info! :-)
Sept. 2006 POFQ: DS first trip and our first MNSSHP!
Aug./Sept. 2005 WL: DD turned 3 during her first trip to WDW!
Jan. 2002: Day Trip to MK ***Trips as a teen: DL, PO, CBR
Old 09-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
leamarie
Earning My Ears

The fairies are a must for our December trip--so happy to have found your posting! Unfortunately, we have a couple of reservations that our going to interfere with TT rope drop. Are there any other times of the day that are good for the fairies? What about parades? We are not big on parades -- so we don't mind skipping out to save time in the fairy line.

I'm jealous you saw so many of the fairies! DH would be willing to wait an hour or so ONCE. Aw, who am I kidding, DD6 has him wrapped around her finger. If she wants to, we'll probably spend all day there!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

leamarie - there's no specifically good time that I've found beyond the opening rush. We've stood in line during the parade before and it wasn't any shorter. I think the key thing is to recognize how long the wait 'really' is as opposed to the posted time.

I'll try to describe this as best I can. When you're in the fairy line there are 3sets of doors you'll pass through on the way to the fairies. First you enter County Bounty (shop/ tent) and turn right to get into the fairy line (I'm not counting those entrance doors). As you walk through the line you can still easily see the County Bounty shop up until you hit the first set of doors. If the line is at that set of doors or longer its an hour or more (it does of course depend on how compacted people are in line so it's just a guideline). After that first set of doors you're in a more roomlike area - the ceiling is dark blue with pixie dust type designs on it and you can see a TV screen that is showing fairy & princess short previews (from movies etc). You can easily see the next set of doors from there. If the line is at the 2nd set of doors it's about 30 minutes. After the 2nd set of doors you're in a more hallway-like area - the fairy side has a green wall and the princess side is pink. Once you've turned the corner you can see another TV screen showing the previews etc. The 3rd set of doors is the ones you pass through to shrink down to fairy size.

I described all of that because we've entered the line when it said 60 minutes but it's been shorter than that (as described above). I've also seen it say 60 minutes but been at the point where it's longer (IMO) - aka beyond the first set of doors. The best plan of action if dh is unwillling to stand in multiple lines is to swing by when possible and check the line length and pick the best time you can.

On the days when you can't go first thing do avoid the morning hours - there's a major rush at 10 (since that's the posted time) and the wait is generally the longest (IMO) from 10 - 11 or 12.

The fairies are wonderful and well worth the wait in line - they are so much fun!!! One other note when we went to the Halloween Party last year only Tink was in the fairy room (normally there are 2 / 3 fairies in there). So if you're going to a party do ask how many fairies are in there before you spend time waiting in line.

• January 2008 - POP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: