Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

OT..Sorry Health Insurance Card Help

I know this is OT and I am sorry. I just know that you guys are so helpful and this question will get answered quick. I do not know how this happened but I lost my insurance card somewhere in my disorganized desk. Now I haven't needed it in a few years because we have used the same drs, dentists and pharmacies for years. Well I have an appt. tomorrow with a new doctor and I just don't know what to do. My ins office is closed for the night. I am wondering if anyone knows what a doctor's office will accept. Does it have to be the exact card or can I get my policy number and have them verify it or am I simply out of luck?
Thanks
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

GOOFY4DONALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
HelenePA
I could use a cupcake now
I'm a tetris addict!
I have a secret obsession with turkeys
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Do you have an online account with your insurance? I was able to print off a copy of mine (because I also miss placed the 4 we have)

The universe is big, its vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. - 11
HelenePA is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Ours also has printable temp ID cards online -and so did my previous insurer. Check out that avenue - or take your insurance co's phone number & ID numbers with you, the office can call to verify your info.

Are you going to an office that's affiliated with a local hospital that you've been a patient at before? In our area as long as you're in the "main" computer system, you don't need to show insurance cards for any visit to a physician who is part of that hospital's network.

OMG hi Kacie! I didn't even notice it was you from your screen name til my post went through! And hi Helene as well!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's

Last edited by TaraPA; 10-07-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: forgot a line!
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
dlyn88
Mouseketeer

I work in registration at a hospital. We would need the type of insurance you have (Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Cigna, Aetna, etc.), whether it's PPO or HMO (you might not need this), the group number, and the policyholder's number. However, we can also look up someone's insurance information through a program online so if they have that program you could get by with a little less info although if you can bring that info you should be good!
May 1997: First trip! Coronado Springs Resort
dlyn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
3doodlebugsmom
Mouseketeer

I know a few times when I didn't have my insurance card they used the social security number of DH ( he carries the coverage). Just as long as you know the name of your insurance!
3doodlebugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyn88 View Post
I work in registration at a hospital. We would need the type of insurance you have (Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Cigna, Aetna, etc.), whether it's PPO or HMO (you might not need this), the group number, and the policyholder's number. However, we can also look up someone's insurance information through a program online so if they have that program you could get by with a little less info although if you can bring that info you should be good!

My hospital can do that.

I took Lucas to the pediatrician a few months back and they wanted to send him for an EKG. I didn't have the insurance card but the pediatrician's office is in the hospital so I wanted to do it while I was there.
They were able to find our information through general questions-- where does DH work, who is our policy through, etc.
It must have worked because the claim has already hit and been processed.
Piecey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

I have used my own card for my son (whose card I lost), and had no issue...they just want the policy number.
scrapquitler is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: