Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
S <3 M
Planning my fairytale

Escape or Wishes

I was using the wedding calculator on the disney wedding webiste...and it keeps saying my selection would be more suitable for the wishes collection??? And when I tried to add everything up for a intimate escape package it does almost add up to the minimum for the wishes collection??? How does that make sense? Can you do a wishes wedding for a small group of people?
S <3 M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

You can do a Wishes Collection event for as few as 10 people (fewer than that and you'll have trouble meeting certain venues' food and beverage minimums).

Don't forget that when the calculator shows your Escape wedding almost adding up to the Wishes minimum, it doesn't include tax and service fees, which can add $2,000 or more to your tab. The Escape package includes all tax and service fees - you only pay those on things you add to the package.

Plus, the calculator is really just doing a ballpark estimate - it doesn't know how much the specific menu you want will cost or whether your flowers will be more expensive because you want ones that aren't in season at that time of year, etc.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #3
S <3 M
Planning my fairytale

What are the usual minimum for food and beverage for a wishes reception? Does the MK photoshoot count towards the minimum? I Tried to add everything myself and I am at 10,000 already. Whats the min. room nights stay and guess you need to have?
S <3 M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
kmg148
DIS Veteran

I think the room night block is what scared me the most. You need 25 nights. I don't think it actually would be that hard (if you have family in the DVC, spend your honeymoon on property, convince family to stay) but I know with cheap friends offsite will be where the money would be going!

I often look at the differences and still can't decide what I would pick. I would want an at home reception, so I probably wouldn't meet the F&B minimums.

Has anyone ever met them doing just a dessert party?
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
puente0629
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S <3 M View Post
What are the usual minimum for food and beverage for a wishes reception? Does the MK photoshoot count towards the minimum? I Tried to add everything myself and I am at 10,000 already. Whats the min. room nights stay and guess you need to have?
Brunch $75.00++ per person minimum
Lunch $100.00++ per person minimum
Dinner $125.00++ per person minimum

^Some venue's will require a food and beverage minimum

Food and beverage goes toward the minimum cost per person but the cost per person for your cake does not but if you have a Dessert Party on your wedding day the cost for the dessert would go towards the minimum F&B. 25 night minimum stay for a wishes, but if you think about it you will most likely stay 7 nights or more plus family members will stay 2 or more nights, some guests will probably make a vacation out of it. I don't know if the MK photo shoot goes towards the minimum as you most likely will not be taking it on your wedding day, but I might be wrong (I'm sure someone else knows).

Hope this helps...
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
lurkyloo

The cost of the cake counts toward the overall 75/100/125 per person minimum. What it doesn't count toward are venue-specific food and beverage minimums anyplace other than at the Grand Floridian.

The MK photo shoot counts toward your minimum even if you don't have it on your wedding day. They make an exception because sometimes it just won't work to have it on the wedding day.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
stardust3900
Earning My Ears

Can you do a small food/beverage reception with an Escape wedding?
stardust3900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
The cost of the cake counts toward the overall 75/100/125 per person minimum. What it doesn't count toward are venue-specific food and beverage minimums anyplace other than at the Grand Floridian.

The MK photo shoot counts toward your minimum even if you don't have it on your wedding day. They make an exception because sometimes it just won't work to have it on the wedding day.
I was just told that the phot shoot is not included in our minimums. We met with our Wedding Planner on the 29th.
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
lurkyloo

OK, I checked it out, and apparently the new policy is that theme park bridal portrait sessions held on days other than the wedding day will only count toward the overall minimum expenditure if Disney is also shooting your wedding.

Seems like another act of desperation by Disney Photographic Services. We never would have had an MK session if we'd been required to squeeze it in before a 9am wedding ceremony in order to have it count toward the minimum expenditure.

However, now all the couples who are forced to use DPS because their weddings are inside a park have the "perk" of being able to do their theme park bridal portraits on another day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: