DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
LisaZ1113
Mouseketeer

Anyone going to the DVC Doorway of dreams at the Roosevelt Field mall in Long Island?

FH & were debating , and have decided we would like to go, especially if we get to meet other DVC/Disers.....

It's at the end of the month, I believe.

LisaZ1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

Yup! I'm definitely gonna go! We are brand new members & sooo excited....

I know they will be offering some good incentives for new buyers too, so anyone considering a new purchase may want to plan a trip.

If you need a ride from the airport I'll pick you up!! Seriously! I live 15 minutes from JFK and 10 minutes from Roosevelt Field!
nu2dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
MCazer
Unofficial Travel Agent to My Friends! Photo of me on a Bahamas Shark Dive!

Could you tell me what day? I can't find the cards I got in the mail. I thought it was the 18th. Do you need to bring the card or RSVP to someone?

~ I make Personalized Autograph Books and Luggage Tags~

DVC 1997 ~ OKW ~ 16 Years!August 25-31, 2013
November 18-22, 1013 (Mom & Me)
MCazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
disney67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2dvc View Post
Yup! I'm definitely gonna go! We are brand new members & sooo excited....

I know they will be offering some good incentives for new buyers too, so anyone considering a new purchase may want to plan a trip.

If you need a ride from the airport I'll pick you up!! Seriously! I live 15 minutes from JFK and 10 minutes from Roosevelt Field!
this sounds about where we live in Lynbrook .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCazer View Post
Could you tell me what day? I can't find the cards I got in the mail. I thought it was the 18th. Do you need to bring the card or RSVP to someone?
It is October 17th at 10 am to 8pm . and no to the card cause it is going to be in the macy's rountunda like said in the postcard it is going to be i think in front of the disney store or just above there .

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

disney67: yup we are neighbors alright. I'll look for you at the event to say hi! (Is that you in the pic with "Deevee"?)
Old 10-08-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
disney67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
disney67: yup we are neighbors alright. I'll look for you at the event to say hi! (Is that you in the pic with "Deevee"?)
yes , that was from the soft opening at the garden city hotel it was alot of fun . hope to see you there to say Hi too have a nice week .

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #7
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

Hi Jeff....we actually had RSVP'ed to the event, but then couldn't make it cause the day was to crazed!
I was wondering if the incentives were any better at the GCH event than they were at the actual DTD location (through Oct. 3rd, cause now they've changed)

Do you recall what they were?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #8
disney67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Jeff....we actually had RSVP'ed to the event, but then couldn't make it cause the day was to crazed!
I was wondering if the incentives were any better at the GCH event than they were at the actual DTD location (through Oct. 3rd, cause now they've changed)

Do you recall what they were?
as for members or non members the same discount will be going on till the 17 th i was told by one of the dvc reps on Sept 17th when i went to visit when it first open . It was really hard for me to say NO for a 50 point add on of BLT i really thought the price was awesome. i have to look where i put the paper work cause adding on right now is just not in the cards for us it is more to see mickey then anything else . and get ready for our trip in nov.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

Hi Jeff...yeah, I'm not planning on adding on, but I was asking for a friend, b/c she isn't a member yet, and the price just went up on Oct. 4th for new members to $120 per point. I was telling her she should take a trip to NY for the event on Oct. 17th, in the hopes that some decent incentives would be offered. Doubt she will do it though - she's all the way in Texas
Old 10-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
disney67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Jeff...yeah, I'm not planning on adding on, but I was asking for a friend, b/c she isn't a member yet, and the price just went up on Oct. 4th for new members to $120 per point. I was telling her she should take a trip to NY for the event on Oct. 17th, in the hopes that some decent incentives would be offered. Doubt she will do it though - she's all the way in Texas
lmao thank you i needed that but i would have to say if she would come up from taxes she is a true disney fan .

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #11
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

well before you die of laughter, I did bump in to a member at DTD in Roosevelt Field last Saturday who had flown up from NC to add on before the price increase!! Even with his flight he saved $500 on his transaction. Not bad for a day of traveling. And he got to have a little adventure I suppose!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: