Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
tmills
EarningMyEars

Will we like BLT?

We're staying at BLT for the first time in October this year & I'm afraid we won't like it. We have a studio with a lake view. Our favorite resort is VWL, but we couldn't get a room there this year. Does anyone have any pics of a studio at BLT or of the view from a lake view studio'? Is there anywhere on property to watch the Wishes fireworks from Magic Kingdom? OR DOes anyone have suggestions on things we should try while staying at the resort?
Thanks!
tmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
arminnie
Tossed the butter kept the gin
I had to save it for "special" occasions (like when no one I knew would see me)

I stayed there on my honeymoon in a 1BR. We leave in a couple of days to stay there in a studio for two weeks.

The view was lovely. And it was so convenient being on the monorail - just a quick cross on the bridge to the contemporary. Plus it was so easy to just pop over to Magic Kingdom for a late night.

Much easier to use the mugs than at some of the other DVCs where it is a trek.

There's a great place upstairs to watch the fireworks. It used to be reserved only for people staying there but now anyone at a DVC can come up there. It wasn't that busy before which is probably why they opened it up.

The BR was huge - 2 full bathrooms. Really more than we needed. I think the studio though is pretty much like all the other studios.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
Dasha Hermosilla
Mouseketeer

If you are not DVC you can't go to the Top of the World Lounge on the top of BLT. You can though just walk to the elevator to see the fireworks from there or watch from the walkway to the contemporary.

It's not huge on theming, but we don't mind it b/c just being next to MK is theming enough for us. I also think I recall reading around here that the BLT studios are the smallest of the DVC studios.

Have fun and enjoy!!
Dasha Hermosilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: