Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
Tinkerbell2B
Mouseketeer

First stay at the Poly!

I have always wanted to stay at the Poly since my first trip to WDW as a little girl. I am finally going to make it happen. I just have a standard room booked. I would love to hear your building and view suggestions!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

My favorite building is Aeotora, ground floor garden view. Every time we've requested this building, we've gotten great rooms. The first 2 times, we were on ground floor facing a lot of greenery and the monorail. It was quiet and peaceful and beautiful. The third time we stayed here, we were facing the lake and could see Cinderella Castle!!! It wasn't a perfect view of the Castle, but for only paying garden view, it was amazing. I also like how short of a walk it is to the Great Ceremonial House. It's a pretty quick walk to Grand Floridian as well.
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #3
GoHawks2015
Earning My Ears

We are arriving in Jan. We want to stay at Poly. but nervous about the construction going on. We may book somewhere else, but our first choice is Poly.
GoHawks2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell2B View Post
I have always wanted to stay at the Poly since my first trip to WDW as a little girl. I am finally going to make it happen. I just have a standard room booked. I would love to hear your building and view suggestions!
The Poly is our favorite resort as we love everything about it. We stayed in Samoa and loved it as it was just steps from the GCH, the volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks. We had a pretty view of the quiet pool. I think any longhouse is great as the Poly is such a beautiful resort that, IMO, there aren't any bad rooms/views. Have a great trip.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Tinkerbell2B
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! When is construction due to finish? I have 11 months to go so hopefully within the year!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
Cind
Earning My Ears

I hear the construction won't finish until 2016. I'm dying to stay in January but nervous as well about the construction.
Cind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Poly for the first time last fall and loved it. Being close to the main building was my number one concern. I requested a ground floor room in Rarotonga and got it - we were booked as Standard View, but I think the room we were in was actually Garden View, as we face into the resort, not out toward the parking lot. Our Patio looked out toward the quiet pool. It was a perfect location.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #8
WDWFanTX
Earning My Ears

Be sure to book dinner at 'Ohana, especially if you have kids. They can participate in a hula dance, coconut racing and other activities. Plus, my family and I liked the food as well.
WDWFanTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: