Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #46
SaratogaShan
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report......Looks great so far, I can't wait to read more.

SaratogaShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #47
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I've been reading along..it's a great report. I love all the pictures, particularly the picture of you on Test Track! I think I make almost that same face when I ride it!

Just wondering, did your husband give you a hard time about wearing matching shirts? I've made shirts for the kids for our October cruise, but so far DH is balking....I'm trying to figure out how to convince him. Or possibly trick him, if it comes to that.
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #48
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I've been reading along..it's a great report. I love all the pictures, particularly the picture of you on Test Track! I think I make almost that same face when I ride it!

Just wondering, did your husband give you a hard time about wearing matching shirts? I've made shirts for the kids for our October cruise, but so far DH is balking....I'm trying to figure out how to convince him. Or possibly trick him, if it comes to that.
LOL, My DH, I love that man oh mine! No he wasn't big on wearing the matching shirts, but didn't give me a hard time about it. And Knowing he didn't like the idea too much, I did do his shirts differently than the kids, and gave him a choice of Disigns. He went along with it because he knew how excited I was about the whole thing! I haven't thought about making any for the trip this year, but will probably make us at least some Halloween ones, or at least the Ones with our Cruise's Logo on it. I asked him the other night, after showing him Jen's Disign for our group, "For our Embarkation day, would you like this on a White Shirt or a Black Shirt?"
I suppose that how I do it, I don't give the choice of yes or no, it's this or that. He chose to have the Disign on a White shirt, so I'll probably do up 4 of those for us.
Perhaps if you tell your DH you want matching shirts for one day or two days out of the WHOLE trip, that might make a difference in how he reacts? Hey, if it's a cool disign, really, how CAN they say no?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #49
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Judy I'm so glad you came back to this TR!

Can't wait to read MORE!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #50
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
Unfortunately, I didn't keep an Accurate record beyond the first night.
I do know we had to stop for gas 3 times on the way down and that was $60.00 USD each time. We stopped in one hotel on the way down, and that was 47.95 plus taxes USD for each of two rooms.
Lunch at Crackerbarrell was $47.85 plus tip on Day one, dinner I honestly don't remember what we did, think maybe we ordered a pizza. Breakfast was included in the room price for the hotel that night.
Day two we stopped for a late lunch in South Carolina and that was $52 plus tax, then again for supper at Subway in Georgia. We didn't stop again till we were at our Hotel in Kissimmee.
So by those estimates:
Gas and food and a place to sleep was roughly $400.00 one way.

In retrospect, we could have spent less on food if we stuck to fast food places, and packed our own snacks and drinks from home.

We did do better on the way home with regards to food. We did pick up snacks and drinks and premade sandwhiches for dinner, and drove straight through to home.

For us, the consideration to drive or fly weighted on the cost difference for our family of 6. We'd have to drive almost 4 hours to the closest US airport (Syracuse) and the best deal we could get would have been about $1560.00 for all 6 of us return. Then the cost of a car rental. So it definately made sense to drive. I also had to weigh the time difference. A 24 hour drive vs a 3 to 4 hour flight.......
We turned it into a vacation within a vacation, the drive. It really was fun and worth the time for us that time, our first time.
I may reconsider that enjoyment factor after we do this again this fall! I wonder how many times we can make that drive FUN! Though I must admit, I am looking forward to the next time!
Thank you!

We just came back from a baseball tournament in Brockville (about 2.5 hr away) a little bit longer I would of considered tying them to the roof rack!!! So we would have to wait a couple of years before attempting such a trip with my kids.
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #51
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
LOL, My DH, I love that man oh mine! No he wasn't big on wearing the matching shirts, but didn't give me a hard time about it. And Knowing he didn't like the idea too much, I did do his shirts differently than the kids, and gave him a choice of Disigns. He went along with it because he knew how excited I was about the whole thing! I haven't thought about making any for the trip this year, but will probably make us at least some Halloween ones, or at least the Ones with our Cruise's Logo on it. I asked him the other night, after showing him Jen's Disign for our group, "For our Embarkation day, would you like this on a White Shirt or a Black Shirt?"
I suppose that how I do it, I don't give the choice of yes or no, it's this or that. He chose to have the Disign on a White shirt, so I'll probably do up 4 of those for us.
Perhaps if you tell your DH you want matching shirts for one day or two days out of the WHOLE trip, that might make a difference in how he reacts? Hey, if it's a cool disign, really, how CAN they say no?
I've made white ones for the kids with our Dis Logo, a large design, right in the front middle of the shirt. I'm considering doing black shirts for us, with the Dis Log pocket sized on the upper right corner and just presenting it to him the morning of embarkation as a fait accompli!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #52
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

No Updates???? I have enjoyed it so far!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #53
clayfolks
Mouseketeer

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report so far. Please come back and finish it.

CBR Jan '90 * POFQ May '94, Jan '06, Jan '09, Feb '10 * AKL Jambo May '10 & Pop Century & AKL Kidani Sept '10 * Pop Sept, Nov '10 * SSR & BWV Jan '11
* Ireland Road Trip! Mar '11 * AK Kidani Sept '11 * SSMC Sept '11 * BLT Sept '11 * AK Kidani Jan '12! * AK Kidani Nov '12 * Pop Century Feb '13 * AK Jambo Club Level Feb '13 * OKW May '13 * OKW Oct '13 * AK Kidani Jan '14 *
clayfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #54
mom3girls2000
Mouseketeer

I just happened onto this thread, and I am enjoying reading your pre-trip experience, looking forward to the TR itself. You are a VERY creative Mom, let me send you kudos on your creations, and then I also mean your family too!

Congratulations on your dd fighting and beating the cancer monster (as I call it), and to you and your family as well. Too long and too many stories about how that cancer monster has touched my life, but I understand almost completely (thank the Lord I never had to watch it fight any of my kids but plenty other relatives and friends).

I don't think I'd be able to watch anyone I love ride on that sling-shot ride either!
Along with Sarah (28) and her Chris (28), Rachel (27) and her Shachar (32), and Danielle (22)

30th Anniversary Grand Slam B2B DCL Fantasy Oct 11-18, 2014 + Oct 18-25, 2014
DCL Magic Jan 27 - 31, 2014 (with all our girls + a fiancé) PLUS Jan 25 + 26 pre-cruise in a Lion King Suite at the Art of Animation Resort!
New Year's Eve 2013 - Jan 3, 2014, DVC @ GF
Dec 18- 21, 2013 Off property (Parkway International Resort, Kissimmee)
Epcot's Int'l. Flower & Garden Festival 2013, All-Star Sports[/B][/COLOR]
FIRST B2B:
Feb 16, 2013 5-Nights (W. Carib ~ Cozumel & Castaway Cay) PLUS Feb 21, 2013 4-Nights out of Miami, FL
Christmas 2012 and NYE 2012/NY 2013 at Walt Disney World
Int'l Food & Wine Festival Nov. 3 - 9, 2012 ~ Split Stay: Boardwalk & AKL

August 17-24, 2012 off-site @ Liki Tiki Village in Winter Garden
Mar 2 - 10, 2012 for the International Flower & Garden Festival (AKL-JH and then off-site at Star Island, Kissimmee)

Feb 28 - Mar 1 for One More Disney Day @ ASMu
DCL~FIRST Cruise - CUPIDS IN THE CARIBBEAN (7-night Magic E. Carib. 2/11-18/2012)

Dec. 25, 2011 - does Disney on Ice (Dare to Dream) count?
DW 27th Anniversary 10/22/2011 AKL-KV + BLT plus 1 week off-site at Parkway International Resort (which gets a huge thumbs up)
DTD 2011 June 7 - Day Trip just for Dinner
DW 2011 April 15 - Day Trip to the Magic Kingdom with dh and our 3 princesses
Universal's Islands of Adventure 2011 March 18-20 - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter w/just me & #3
DW 2011 January - Star Island Resort (1 wk); Calypso Cay (1 wk)
DW 2010 Christmas Week - AKL-JH
DW 2010 Mid-Dec. - Magic Tree Resort (1.5 wks) w/#3 & her bff
DW Nov 8-11 2010 - Surprise DVC Gift AKL-JH
DW 2010 26th Anniversary Visit - Star Island Resort (1wk); Calypso Cay Resort (1 wk); Blue Tree Resort (1 wk)
DW 2010 Easter Week - OKWR
DW 2009 October Silver (25th) Anniversary Trip- All Star Music Resort (2 weeks)
DW Family Gathering 2007 - Star Island Resort
DW Honeymoon 1984 - Colony Plaza Hotel
[/COLOR]
mom3girls2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #55
thrillfan
Mouseketeer

tjbaggott can you help me. If you are doing any designs could you please do some for me. Your work is great. Thank you for sharing your work with us. I am going on the Fantasy in Jan.2013 and I'm making autograph books for my gang, so when I seen your sight I was so happy. Could you do some designs for me, it look like a lot but mainly i need the writting took off of them. So here goes: in your File: Disney Cruise image 8 w/o writting, heads up, Pirate Itineray w/o writting, pirate night w/o writting, pirates life for me w/o names File: Mickey Heads, all of these without writting please: chip n dale, minnie 2, donald duck, pirate mickey, goofy, pirate minnie, pirate stitch, mickey, pirate mickey head banner, pluto, sailor goofy, can you do the 6 princesses: Tiana, snow white, cinderella, belle, aurora, and ariel. File Request: 3xthejoy2 no writting, beck 1 no writting, Beck 3,4,5,9 no writting, clochette 3,4 no writting, fastpaks no writting, Granmaz6 Fantasy Ship no writting, smbertran 4,5 no writting and It Just Doesn't Get Any Better Than This w/o any other writting. If you would like you can put these in your files and I will go back to your files and get them so that other people can use them without driven you crazy THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH. Lisa

Last edited by thrillfan; 03-11-2012 at 03:18 PM.
thrillfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #56
disneymakeupfood
Earning My Ears

pictures?

congrats on your daughter getting through cancer!!!!!!!:dance3 : yay! but as i was reading i noticed all your pictures are gone? whats up with that? i was looking forward to seeing all your photos...
Old 12-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #57
Mickdeb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymakeupfood View Post
congrats on your daughter getting through cancer!!!!!!!:dance3 : yay! but as i was reading i noticed all your pictures are gone? whats up with that? i was looking forward to seeing all your photos...
The pictures are likely gone because this trip report is over 3 years old.

Mickdeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: