Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Mommy2Jacob&Hannah
is currently missing WDW

Thumbs up Magic Strollers Review

We used Magic Strollers 9/26-10/3. They were beyond awesome. Our original plan was to have DD2 ride in our single stroller and have DS5 walk. We quickly discovered on our very first day that this simply was not going to work out. We briefly considered renting a stroller in the park, but they are expensive and look much to small for a 5 year old. We went back to the room and called Susan at Magic Strollers. Not only did they have a double stroller available on such short notice, they were even able to deliver it the same day. The stroller was impeccably clean and easy to push/use. It really made our vacation wonderful. I can't imagine having DS walk all week I don't know what we were thinking.

The whole process was just super easy and wonderful. I'd recommend Magic Strollers to anyone. They get an A+ in my book!
Mommy2Jacob&Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
laborrn2
Mouseketeer

SO GLAD YOU POSTED THIS!! I just confirmed with Susan this am for our trip next week and hadn't had anyone's feedback. Thank you!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting! We're debating what to do on our Dec trip, and I definitely don't thinkk DD 5 will be able to walk all the time. I'm leaning towards renting a double. Did you get the Baby Jogger City Mini double? Did you feel like it was easy to push around and manuever thru the crowds? Was it easy to fold up for the buses, etc?

My concern is that if DD doesn't want to walk, we'll be stuck pushing a big stroller with one kid in it, or if we want to split up, someone will get stuck with it. Did you feel like the double worked out better than 2 singles?

Thanks again for the review.

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Mommy2Jacob&Hannah
is currently missing WDW

Yep, that's the one we got. I felt like it was easy to push for the most part. The only time it was hard was in really dense crowds. Especially with the shades down, it made it hard to see to be sure I wasn't clipping anyone in the ankles. As for folding, It folded up very easily. Just tug on the straps.... but it's a double stroller so it's big and heavy. DH got stuck with bus duty. Luckily it seemed we missed the crowds most of the time and the only time he had a problem with it is one night he had to stand with it.

I think the double worked out better because honestly we hardly ever split up. If you think you might split up a lot I can see how it would be a pain. DS would walk sometimes and it was still easy to push with just DD in it. One thing to consider if taking two singles: You'll both have to push a stroller all day. The double was great because we could switch off.

Hope this helps!
Mommy2Jacob&Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
CJ's Mommy
Mouseketeer

I will second that positive review! My BFF rented the city mini double from magic strollers on our trip a week ago, and she loved them! I have a single city mini, so I can also comment on the stroller, it's hands down the best stroller out there right now.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

I have mine reserved for our trip! I am really glad it will have the parent organizer and rain cover! I'm hoping the kiddos will pass out in the stroller so we can do MVMCP all night, and the rain cover should help protect them from some wind/cold. I'm thinking of buying children's sized sleeping bags as well for warmth. I seriously do not want to have to leave any earlier then 11pm!

***Ultimate Orlando w/DIS, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14***Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
2princesses2princes
Tav

Thanks so much for posting this. I sort of was considering renting at stroller. My dh doesn't want to though, he thinks that our stroller is fine for our 18mos old, but I am thinking our 4yr old isnt' going to be able to handle all that walking. I might get some prices and talk with him again.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
MyDizneyBoyz
Me and my Disney Lovin' Boys!

I'll add another great review! We also rented the double this past week from Magic Strollers and it was marvelous.

We had brought our own BJ City Classic for our 5 year old and all the boys (ages 5, 3 and 2) rotated between the strollers and were arguing over who got to sit in the City Mini double.

It was great in that it fit everywhere (narrow enough to easily fit through doors and navigate inside the stores all over Disney), was comfy for the kids and the sun canopies can't be beat. My 5 year loved to pull the canopy down and sink back into his little "man cave" when he got overwhelmed. I was pushing 90 lbs. of kid when my two oldest sat in it with hardly any effort.
Gloria Harry and Da Boyz: DS#1 DS#2 DS#3
Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 3/4/03
Getting our Disney fix every year since 2001
OKW 9/2007, SSR 9/2008, SSR 9/2009, SSR 10/2010
MyDizneyBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
Mickey country
Mouseketeer

You guys that have rented fromthem, did you buy the insurance? If so, were you glad you did?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
gatormom2tots
Mouseketeer

We used them last week over spring break- they were great!

We actually got 2 singles- I was concerned about a double stroller navigating through the crowds and I think it was a wise choice. Easter Sunday was packed!

We did buy the insurance but I don't know that we would next time.

Also- someone suggested to me to just pop off the one wheel (its very easy) when leaving the stroller- nobody wants a stroller that doesn't move. Now we didn't didn't do this- but I thought that it might be a viable option rather than paying the insurance,
Old 04-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
MyDizneyBoyz
Me and my Disney Lovin' Boys!

We did buy the insurance as we felt it was reasonable at $25 for the week. It gave me peace of mind that if the stroller did disappear I didn't have to worry about it. I really don't think all that many strollers are either stolen or otherwise disappear but I didn't want to be bothered worrying about it. I generally don't buy optional insurance as I figure we've got statistics on our side but on vacation, I don't want any little worries nagging at the back of my mind.

The only downside about taking off one of the wheels is that you've then got to carry the wheel around with you. Plus, the CM's are always rearranging the strollers to keep the areas neat and it makes it harder for them to move your stroller and they could possibly damage the wheel attachment point by scraping/dragging it.
Gloria Harry and Da Boyz: DS#1 DS#2 DS#3
Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 3/4/03
Getting our Disney fix every year since 2001
OKW 9/2007, SSR 9/2008, SSR 9/2009, SSR 10/2010
MyDizneyBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

I'm looking back at my post on this thread and giggling! It was 83 degrees on the day of MVMCP and the fleece sleeping bags I made stayed in the room!

Anyhow, just an update - we loved Magic Strollers! The stroller was waiting for us on arrival, the stroller was a dream and we will definitely rent from them again! The parent organizer was great - on the double the organizer fit on one half of the handle bar - it has 2 pockets for drinks and 1 covered compartment. I did put a 3rd drink in that compartment one time and it worked fine. We did use the rain cover one day and thought it did a nice job of keeping the kiddos dry. We left the stroller in it's heavy canvas bag with luggages services when we left and that was it! The service was perfect and I loved that the stroller was disinfected before we used it!

***Ultimate Orlando w/DIS, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14***Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: