Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

The Moms Panel take on the Yeti, an EE5K TR ~*~ Completed ~*~

As with all my trip reports it starts with a long journey. I won't bore you with all the details but I left my house at about 8am and finally landed at MCO at 8pm (3pm EST) this was 30 minutes ahead of schedule thanks to a rare tail wind I was soon through immigration and was amazed when my suitcase was one of the first off, this meant I arrived at the Magical Express desk at the time I was actually meant to land, bonus!

Sorry, back track a bit, I haven't even told you who is on this trip and why! Well it was me Jo, just me, yep I was going solo, well for the flight from England anyway I'm a member of the Disney World Moms Panel and I have made the most fantastic friends with the other panellists and we had decided to have a huge reunion. All of the 2009 panel and some of the 2008 Moms were meeting to take part in the Expedition Everest 5K Challenge, note how I said "take part" rather than run I also managed to persuade my sister, who has recently moved to New York, to join me there too. So although I was on a solo trip the only time I was on my own was on the flight

So as I arrived at the ME desk early I tried to remember the list that Diane L from the panel had made with everyone's arrival times on, I had originally thought I would be too late to see anyone but those extra 30 minutes meant I could stalk a panellist! After chatting with the lady at the ME podium for a while and even giving her my card I spotted Whitney. I waved like a mad thing but it took her ages to see me, she was with her wonderful husband and we posed for a photo before going our separate ways. Me to Animal Kingdom Lodge and Whitney to POFQ, we weren't sad as we knew we' be seeing lots of each other soon. I was so pleased to spot someone so quickly!

Luck was really on my side today because as soon as I boarded the ME coach we were off. AKL was the second stop and I was soon in the check-in line which was only about 4 deep. When the next guests were called imagine my delight when it was Kay and Joanne from the panel, there was lots of screaming and hugging and the people around us must have wondered what an earth was going on, we were also talking ten to the dozen, it was hilarious and so fantastic. Kay was also a sweetie and had pressies for me, she really spoils all of us on the panel and this time had a wooden Halloween egg, party hat and a T-Shirt for me It really was like meeting old friends and no-one would believe that the first and only time we'd met was over 9 months ago at training. (TR in my signature if you're interested)

I was quickly checked in and found out we'd been upgraded to a savannah view, I was so chuffed but knew my daughters would be gutted. I have 2 girls aged 11 and 13 and although they understood that I had to go to WDW without them, OK they actually said I could only go if I bought them back lots of American candy, I knew that they'd have loved the view from the room! The room was gorgeous and the view really cool!

The original plan was to rest a little but instead I headed straight to the pool to meet some more Moms. On the way I bumped into Margaret, again lots of hugging, screaming and talking occurred and we found Joanne and Kay by the pool with Cathy and her husband. We're all chatting away when we hear this booming voice shouting "are there any Disney Moms here? I've heard there are Disney Moms around here!" Everyone started looking and we're all in hysterics as this was Disney CM Gary/Jerry who has become a big Moms Panel friend after we'd met at training. We all chatted for a while before going back inside where we met another Mom Tanya and after chatting briefly I went for a drink and some nibbles with Joanne and Kay where we put the world to rights

Me, Margaret, Kay, Cathy & Joanne

Next up will my sister ever arrive?

I'd just like to thank all of my Moms Panel BFF's as I didn't seem to take many photos so I pinched some of theirs, thanks!

24th September part 2

25th September - GKTW & WWS Tour

25th September MNSSHP

EE5K Race part 1

Finally The Race

Sunday September 27th

Final chapter!

Last edited by DisneyJo; 01-02-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
piratefreak
2009 Disney World Moms Panelist

Yeah! So glad you have started as re-reading all of our adventures helps the pain of missing all of you!!! it was so great to see everyone again as a group. Miss all of you tremendously-now on with the recap LOL

2009 Disney World Moms Panelist
visit us at www.disneyworldmoms.com
Follow me on twitter: mefries

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

I'm here and I'm first (EDITED to say I'm second!!!!!!)

Great start Jo! Awesome upgrade. I can't wait to stay at AKL!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

I'm here, Jo!!!

Check again, Janet...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Woo! I know you're only doing this as a favor to us while we're bored, and you really hate doing trip reports but thank you! This is just the thing, especially since I wanted to do the 5K this year too.

Thanks Jo! Joining in, of course.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #6
AngVen
Mouseketeer

LOVING it Jo!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Old 10-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
Muffinygood
Proud DVC owner at SSR

Whoo hoo!

I'm gonna read a TR!!!!

Ly Jo.

MEL
Old 10-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
disneygirl212
Mouseketeer

Hi Jo. I've enjoyed reading all your TRs. I'm realtively new here and am on this thread almost every day reading about future "Mom's Panel" hopefuls, including me. Look forward to reading the rest of the "Moms" trip with your sis!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I didn't even see this new thread this morning, when I glanced at my board.
I just found it now, on the "Mom's Panel".

Quote:
I was soon through immigration and was amazed when my suitcase was one of the first off, this meant I arrived at the Magical Express desk at the time I was actually meant to land, bonus!
I think everyone is carrying on luggage and no one is checking luggage anymore with all the high checked fee's. We were shocked back in August how fast our luggage came too. I was telling the girls, it would be over an hour, before we saw our luggage. When we were going down the escalator, my dh saw her luggage go around the carosel(sp?)
So we were happy too.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

So glad you are writing another trip report!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #11
2 princess 3 princes
mom of twin princess and triplet princes

Loving it so far Jo! Can't wait for more!!
& AKVK, 2011 BC DCL w/DDs , 2012 BC DL/CA Paradise Pier Pre Cruise Oct./12 Wonder California Cruise October/12 Dream 3 night Bahamas Valentines Day/13 POR Pre Cruise Dream 4 Night Halloween on the High Seas Oct/13 Dream 4 night Feb/14

Old 10-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #12
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratefreak View Post
Yeah! So glad you have started as re-reading all of our adventures helps the pain of missing all of you!!! it was so great to see everyone again as a group. Miss all of you tremendously-now on with the recap LOL
Margaret, thanks so much for reading, can't wait to meet again in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I'm here and I'm first (EDITED to say I'm second!!!!!!)

Great start Jo! Awesome upgrade. I can't wait to stay at AKL!
sorry Janet Margaret beat you and I was so pleased with the upgrade, you'll love it there in a few years

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
I'm here, Jo!!!

Check again, Janet...
Yeah, thanks for reading Dawn, you'll be starring in it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Woo! I know you're only doing this as a favor to us while we're bored, and you really hate doing trip reports but thank you! This is just the thing, especially since I wanted to do the 5K this year too.

Thanks Jo! Joining in, of course.
I'm glad I can fill the boredom of waiting, thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngVen View Post
LOVING it Jo!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Thanks so much for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinygood View Post
Whoo hoo!

I'm gonna read a TR!!!!

Ly Jo.

MEL
Thanks so much for reading Mel, especially with one eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl212 View Post
Hi Jo. I've enjoyed reading all your TRs. I'm realtively new here and am on this thread almost every day reading about future "Mom's Panel" hopefuls, including me. Look forward to reading the rest of the "Moms" trip with your sis!
I'm so pleased you've enjoyed my TR's in the past, hope you enjoy this one too and thanks for reading
Old 10-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Woohoo, a Jo report!

How nice that you all met up so quickly. I don't doubt that you all were happy to chat and it was like old friends, as we've had that experience as well with the people from the DIS.

I'm glad you were early and that everything went smoothly.

You did not get "my" room at AKL, though. The beds are facing the wrong way...
Old 10-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #14
tinkNbelle14
OCD WDW Planner

Count me in! I'm ready to read.

My Blog

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #15
skbachand
Earning My Ears

I am so glad you are writing a TR! I your December training TR. You inspired me to apply for the panel!

My DH and I ran the EE race. We saw you all filming before the race started. My DH, of course, thought I was crazy when I told him all about who and what your group was.

Can't wait to hear the details-especially your impression of the soggy race! We had a blast even in the thunder and lightning.

Kelliann

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: