Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

We're back plus a bit of info

Got back last Thursday from our girlie trip to the DLH, not had chance to do a TR yet but will do one soon and apologies I never got round to doing a pretrippie. Thought I'd just give a few highs and lows now but promise I'll do a TR in the next week.

A few highs

DLH was wonderful, had ground floor room with terrace
GD meet loads of characters resulting in loads of photos
GD's patiences and politeness in the character scrums being rewarded by the characters
Brilliant weather - warm, sunny and no rain
I saw someone off the telly
Meeting Bob altho' it was brief and we didn't get pic together
Seeing the Halloween decs
Very helpful staff at Ashford both going and coming back

A couple of lows

It just went waaay too quick
Didn't do half of the stuff we had planned
Turned into a budget trip so serious lack of shopping
Staff at Marne-le-Vallee (sp) Station the exact opposite of the staff at Ashford - so unhelpful, felt as if I was being talked down to and they basically couldn't give a toss

Overall we had a brilliant time, just slightly depressed now as we've already been pricing up for next Jan or March and at the moment there is no way we can afford it

I know someone asked before about Princess Make Overs (Bibbity Bobbity Boutique or something similar I think in USA?), they were running these at the DLH while we were there, they do 3 packages, I didn't get chance to write all the details down but from memory - available for ages 4 - 12, cheapest one is just hair and make up and with the most expensive one you get to keep the dress, prices were 60E, 130E and 160E. Not sure if they are still doing these or not as when I was in the DLH shop on 30/9 someone came in asked about appointments, the CM said they had finished today, but I'm not sure if she meant the appointments had finished for the day or if it was the last day they were doing them

Suze

Last edited by Suzi-Q; 10-06-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Suzi-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Hey Suzi, how was the help at Ashford with getting on and off the train?

No one helped us on the way back, but was fab on there way there.

Look forward to your TR
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

Ashford was great both ways. Because of the hassle we had when we left France we weren't expecting to get any help at Ashford but there was a guy waiting for us on the platform, he got the cases off the train, put everything on a trolley and took us all the way out to the taxi rank. Then as there were no taxi's waiting he took me back into the 'free taxi phone'. Couldn't fault the Ashford assistance.

I was made to feel about 2" tall by the staff at Marne-le-Vallee on the way back, Eurostar will be getting an email shortly - praising the Ashford staff and my disgust at the treatment in France

Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

I'm very pleased that meeting me was classed as a high!

Glad to hear you had a good trip!

Bob xoxox
Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #5
thelittlemermaid83
I'm officially crazy

Did you arrange help when you was at Ashford for your return leg? Marnee La Vallee staff said they was too busy to do anything.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post
I'm very pleased that meeting me was classed as a high!

Glad to hear you had a good trip!

Bob xoxox

LOL should have read

High
Day 2 - meeting Bob

Low
Day 3 - Bob ignoring me whilst nearly tripping over my pushchair

You were that close I should have grabbed you again but I was juggling with the camera, GD's drink and sweets lol plus I could see the 'Disney Daze' glaze over your eyes

Suze

Old 10-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Glad you had a great trip

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi-Q View Post
LOL should have read

High
Day 2 - meeting Bob

Low
Day 3 - Bob ignoring me whilst nearly tripping over my pushchair

You were that close I should have grabbed you again but I was juggling with the camera, GD's drink and sweets lol plus I could see the 'Disney Daze' glaze over your eyes

Suze
Oh dear! I wouldn't have ignored you if I'd known you were there! If that makes sense!

Bob xoxox
Old 10-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
Did you arrange help when you was at Ashford for your return leg? Marnee La Vallee staff said they was too busy to do anything.
The girl at Ashford took the details of the return trip when she was arranging the help on the way out. She said someone would be there when we got back but after the fiasco in France I wasn't expecting anyone. Make sure they take your return details when you go in Nov

Amongst the things Marne le Vallee staff told me was that it was a 'security' risk for some one to help me lift the cases onto the train - load of b*** I wasn't going to leave my case with anyone I only wanted someone to actually help me lift it on the train after going thro' the scanner etc!!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post
Oh dear! I wouldn't have ignored you if I'd known you were there! If that makes sense!

Bob xoxox

You are forgiven

To be honest I'm usually wandering round in my own little world so if you'd spotted me and been shouting my name I'd probably have ignored you as well

Suze xx

Old 10-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #11
thelittlemermaid83
I'm officially crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi-Q View Post
The girl at Ashford took the details of the return trip when she was arranging the help on the way out. She said someone would be there when we got back but after the fiasco in France I wasn't expecting anyone. Make sure they take your return details when you go in Nov

Amongst the things Marne le Vallee staff told me was that it was a 'security' risk for some one to help me lift the cases onto the train - load of b*** I wasn't going to leave my case with anyone I only wanted someone to actually help me lift it on the train after going thro' the scanner etc!!
I will make a note to remind them that i will need help both ways
Old 10-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Welcome back, glad you had such a good trip DLH sounds wonderful.

Thanks for the info on the makeover, wondering if it's something my niece would like.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
Stitch's Girl
Disney Addict

hey

Hey Suzi,

you don't really no me. I not a frequent visitor on here...more on another forum...but I am looking forward to reading your report!

I was there when Emma - littlemermaid83 was there and I am suffering from post holiday blues now! Like you I am dying to get back

Aveen
xxxxx
Stitch's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #14
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
Welcome back, glad you had such a good trip DLH sounds wonderful.

Thanks for the info on the makeover, wondering if it's something my niece would like.
It may be worth ringing or emailing the DLH to make sure they are still doing it, (before you promise it to her) as I wasn't 100% sure from the CM's reply about appointments whether she meant appointments for today are finished or 'today it finishes' as in today was the last day - if that makes sense!!

There was a family in the shop selecting photo's from the Princess Makeover package and the 2 girls did look stunning in their dresses, all made up with tiaras and glitter in their hair

Hi Aveen - Disney does give 'post holiday blues' like no other doesn't it It was my DIL's first time when we went in Jan and she rang me a couple of days after we got back to say she'd never felt so down after a holiday before - this time it's worse as we know there is no way we can afford another trip for at least 12 months

Suze

Old 10-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #15
jjcole
Earning My Ears

Hi - great to hear you had a fab time

I know this may sound strange but are you a Steve Coogan fan?? We went to see his tour this time last year and he did this sketch about 'Suzi-Q' and it's one of those songs that once you hear it you can't get it out of your head, I'm sure I'll be humming the tune all evening now

XX Jo
jjcole is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: