Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #121
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Your pictures look like Epcot was pretty empty! That's awesome that you got to ride Soarin' as pretty much a walk-on!!!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 10-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #122
pmama
DIS Veteran

September crowds are great aren't they? Our morning experience in Epcot last September was very similar. We walked on all the major attractions. I would say Test Track is our family favorite! We all love it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #123
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I love Soarin' & Test Track, but Mission Space, not so much - I did it one time and that was enough. It was just too cramped of a space for me and watching the screen made me really queezey, I didn't feel good for a couple of hours afterwards. I decided that any attraction that included barf bags in the ride vehicle is one I need to stay away from!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #124
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad that your mom consented to the wheelchair. My mom fought getting one last year when her siatic nerve was bothering her, but ended up really appreciating it as the trip went on.

I agree with you about Mission Space. For me the anticipation is always worse than the ride itself, and I just don't feel any real pull to it. I'd just as soon skip it, and I'll ride pretty much anything.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 10-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #125
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
LOVE Soarin'!! It was my favorite ride! You are brave to ride Mission Space. We waited on Brent to ride it when we went in May--he did the intense version. I'm afraid I'd feel too claustrophobic.
Me too, love, love, love Soarin'!!! It's amazing!!! It wasn't as bad as I remembered it being on our honeymoon, I almost bagged it, but glad I gave it another chance....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Wow, great EPCOT morning. I don't think I've ever done the big three rides back to back like that. What a way to start the day!

Based on the title. I knew that the wheelchair was coming. Sorry to hear about her problems, but it looks like she's still having a wonderful time.
It really was a great morning! I couldnt believe how easy it was to just walk on the big rides! The Disney magic was with us for sure!!

Ya, poor Mom, but the wheelchair was the trick, we had minor issues later on because we did it early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Bravo to you for trying Mission Space. I don't think I will ever get on that one.

I'm so glad you were able to convince your mom to rent a wheelchair. It's not fun at all being miserable in Disney.
After reading about your past experience, I pushed! It was once in a lifetime trip and it would have made NO sense to push on the way she was...she (and in turn, we) were much happier once she did it. AND it meant I could eat whatever I wanted cause I was pushing a wheelchair in the 90+ degree weather with my MOm instead of a stroller!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Your pictures look like Epcot was pretty empty! That's awesome that you got to ride Soarin' as pretty much a walk-on!!!

Denise
It was soo empty! It was the PERFECT week to go!!!! We were so lucky!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
September crowds are great aren't they? Our morning experience in Epcot last September was very similar. We walked on all the major attractions. I would say Test Track is our family favorite! We all love it.
They are! This was my 3rd September trip and I would do it again in a heart beat...other than the sweaty pics!! LOL!! Oh well, you give and take!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I love Soarin' & Test Track, but Mission Space, not so much - I did it one time and that was enough. It was just too cramped of a space for me and watching the screen made me really queezey, I didn't feel good for a couple of hours afterwards. I decided that any attraction that included barf bags in the ride vehicle is one I need to stay away from!
Ya, I hear you on that one!! LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I'm so glad that your mom consented to the wheelchair. My mom fought getting one last year when her siatic nerve was bothering her, but ended up really appreciating it as the trip went on.

I agree with you about Mission Space. For me the anticipation is always worse than the ride itself, and I just don't feel any real pull to it. I'd just as soon skip it, and I'll ride pretty much anything.
Me too, it's silly to be in so much pain and push through...she was a trooper and to be honest, I think we saw so much more cause I could just wheel her around, she would have needed many more breaks between her bad back and ankle, so it was a blesssing in disguise, after she got over being "an old lady" as she would state!!

SO....I'm so mad right now! I posted TWO UPDATES last night and only see one!!!!!!!!!!!! I posted through our lunch time...hmm, not sure what went wrong but will do my best to get you through there now....the house is quiet...for the minute...so here goes nothing!!! Stay tuned!!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #126
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Wow! It looks like you had a great Epcot morning! I can't believe how empty it looks. We went in September and it was a lot busier. I love all of the pictures!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 10-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #127
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
Wow! It looks like you had a great Epcot morning! I can't believe how empty it looks. We went in September and it was a lot busier. I love all of the pictures!
Hi! Thanks!! It was a GREAT morning and so empty! We really lucked out!!! I think we picked the right week.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #128
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Just had a minute to post....and say.....

LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #129
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Just had a minute to post....and say.....

LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!
Whoo hoo!! GO PHILLIES!! I hope they can win it again this year!! Beat those Yankees!! Great game last night!!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #130
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I left off with our mission to space, from there, we decided to venture over to Universe of Energy, it seemed like a good time to take a load off, in the air conditioning.

For some reason the ride through the dino's seemed shorter to me this time, maybe because I wasn't with the boys, sometimes these things seem longer with kids!! LOL!! I know they updated this years ago, but I'm thinking it's ready for another...am I the only one that thinks this??

After Ellen, it was time for us to us our Soarin' FPs!! This time we got front row, center! It was my 1st time in those seats and they were the BEST!!! It makes a big difference in those seats, for some reason! I just love that ride!!

Afterwards it was about lunch time, we made our way over to Sunshine Seasons and grabbed our counter service meal, it was getting busy, we were lucky to find a table!!

Here is what we got for lunch, Mom & I got the chicken meal and Jodi got some kind of salmon (I think...hard to tell from the pic!!), we all really enjoyed this meal!!

and our delish desserts!!!!

After lunch we took a few pictures along the way to see Figment, it had been one of our favs as kids, I still think it's cute, and my boys love it, so it was fun to go through again!!

Here are some pics of just us and some scenery on the way....what a beautiful day it was!!

Me in front of the fountain!

Jodi & I, it wasn't planned but I like how our shirts coordinate color wise this day!!

and we make our way to Imagination.....
Old 10-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #131
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

That's all I have time for today..but wanted to wish you all a
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

I'd love to see some pics or your little ones dressed, if you have them!! Feel free to post them!! I hope you don't mind, i'll share some of my boys after tomorrow. We are having 4-5 families over for pizza about 5 and then will plan to trick or treat about 6 or so....should be fun. Be safe and have fun!!!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #132
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I love the new updates. The strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons is so good! I discovered a few trips back that you can use snack credits on it! Yum!

I will post some Halloween pictures after the kids trick or treat tomorrow!

Happy Halloween!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 10-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #133
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
I love the new updates. The strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons is so good! I discovered a few trips back that you can use snack credits on it! Yum!

I will post some Halloween pictures after the kids trick or treat tomorrow!

Happy Halloween!
Yummy! The strawberry shortcake was mine!! LOVED IT! Mmm...I could go for that now!!!

Yay, can't wait to see your pics this weekend!! Have fun!!!!

You're trip is SO close!!!! Gotta get over to your PTR!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #134
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I love the shirt you are wearing. It's really pretty!

Your food looks fabulous! I need to have some dessert from there, they always look so yummy.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #135
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

WOW!! The food DOES looks good!! We might have to try Sunshine Seasons! The desserts especially look yummy!

I can't wait to see your Halloween pics! My girls will trick-or-treat tomorrow for the very first time (usually our Trunk-A-Treat at church is at night but this year it's in the afternoon). They can't wait!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: