Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #91
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
All caught up! Hurrah for getting the room you wanted at Pop! Can't believe what happened with your poor sis' rental car! That is NOT the way to start vacation!

SO pleased to see you checked out my favorite drink spot at Downtown Disney. Those suckers are strong but oh so good. And the view can't be beat either!

Everyone is finally together! Happy day! As everyone else has said, you all look so much alike! I also love your sister's Dharma Initiative shirt!

Can't wait to hear what happens next. I'm hoping you loved The Wave. I'd like to try it there sometime!

Oh and congratulations on the interview with the local office. That's fantastic!!

Hi C!
I'm moving very slowly, so glad you caught up!!!

That drink booth in DTD was the best, it was a nice way to pass the time waiting for Jodi, the weather was perfect, the company was good and my drink was strong! What else can you ask for, right?

Updating coming right up!!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #92
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhale View Post
I'm here! Loving your adults only trip. I try to get away with my mom and 2 sisters every other year or so. In 2008 we went to Key West. Unfortunately I am the only one with the disney bug!

Can't wait to read more and hear about The Wave. I'm staying at the CR with my daughters in January!

And yes, you and your sister look alike!

Cheryl
Hi Cheryl!
Thanks for joining us!!! Good for you for planning an all girls trip every other year, what a great idea! Will you try and do a trip with them to Disney or will they not have it? And yay for your daughter/Mom trip in January! How fun! Are you doing at PTR? Have you ever done a trip like that with your daughters before?

Wave update coming up!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #93
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Hi Kristen!
I just got over here. I've been MIA on the DIS for a bit. I am now getting back into the swing of things.

I'm glad to see you've started your TR! It's going great so far. Poor Jodi though. There is nothing worse than starting your vacation on a bad note. I'm guessing things will improve for her!

The phone call from Mickey for your mom was so sweet! She looks so happy!
The drinks looked wonderful. Wish I had one right now.

I am very interested to see what you thought of the Wave.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #94
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Okay, I left off with us all prettied up and ready for our 5:50p ressie at The Wave. We went out to the bus stop and the bus for MK came right away, just our luck! We jump on and make our way to MK, figuring we'd catch the monorail, just for fun and head to the Contemporary but decide once we get to the bus station, we'd just walk, since there is a lovely path leading over to the Contemporary. Well, let's just back up to earlier in the day, I've mentioned before (in my PTR) that Mom has a bad back and ankle, well, we've been on our feet all day long, she decided to wear pretty heeled sandals to travel with and at this point, she is hurting but doesn't say anything. We find our way to The Wave and I begin my picture taking!!

Mom & Jodi outside of The Wave

The hallway leading it, pretty cool, huh?

We go in, give our name and are told to have a seat in their waiting room, didn't get a picture of that, it was SUPER dark but very cool. Jodi offered to take a pic of Mom and I....

In about 10 minutes, we were called for our table. We had the BEST waitress, she was very attentive and super sweet. We all had a glass of water and decided on dinner. Mom and Jodi went with the lamb special and I had a steak, they were all DELISH! I'm sorry that I don't have pics of this meal, still getting my Disney picture taking groove on and was too busy catching up with Mom & Jodi. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone, the atmosphere is great, the service was so Disney like and the food was sooo yummy!!

After dinner we decided to take a quick spin over to MK just because we could! We jumped on the monorail and took our time, met some more people from Boston and had a chat while riding. Mom then tells us that her feet are killing her from her sandals and hopes one of us has bandaids back at the room. Lucky for her I did pack them plus some of the blister pads that were recommended on DIS. She says she will be fine for the night as we make our way down the ramp and finally through the turnstiles of MK!!

We have no plan of attack once through the turnstiles, it's about 8 pm at this point, we make our way down Main Street and take it all in...the castle, the people, the smells, the magic.....I was SO HAPPY to finally be there!

We decide that we have no choice but to ride IASW, for those of you just joining in, this was our tradition growing up, Mom would INSIST that we start our vacation with IASW, I've since instilled this in my children and didn't expect anything less for this trip. I didn't take out my camera for the rest of the night, sorry, we did get some pics from photopass, but haven't received this as of yet. I will post them once I get them, hope that's okay.
We enjoyed our ride through IASW, I couldn't help but think of my boys at that moment, how happy I was to have this special trip with just my Mom & sister, and got teary eyed for just the moment.

Afterwards, we made our way over to HM and had no line at all to wait in, we walked through the entire line and got to the door immediately. We somehow all crammed into one car but had fun and a lot of laughs through it...we weren't sure how the ghost at the end would fit in between the three of us, but he did!!

At this point, we were getting very tired, it had been a long day, we started heading out and I saw that another show for Mickey's Philarmagic was starting soon, I convinced Mom & Jodi we should go in and see it...it's air conditioned and we get to sit...they were game. We went in, had a 5 minute wait but got to do Disney Trivia while we waited, which was fun and made our way into the show. Mom & Jodi had never seen it and really enjoyed it, it 's one of my favs. Gotta love Donald!!

And last but not least, we took a quick ride on Pooh on the way out. It was fun and nice not to have to wait in line, so we took advantage of it. Afterwards, we decided it was time to head out, if my memory serves me correctly, there was Wishes that night, we were SO tired, we weren't sticking around, we decided it was best to sneak out beforehand so we didn't have to wait too long for the bus. It worked out perfectly! We headed back to Pop and called it a day! And what a day it was!!!

Up next, our 1st full day..Epcot! Stay tuned!!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #95
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Hi Kristen!
I just got over here. I've been MIA on the DIS for a bit. I am now getting back into the swing of things.

I'm glad to see you've started your TR! It's going great so far. Poor Jodi though. There is nothing worse than starting your vacation on a bad note. I'm guessing things will improve for her!

The phone call from Mickey for your mom was so sweet! She looks so happy!
The drinks looked wonderful. Wish I had one right now.

I am very interested to see what you thought of the Wave.
Hi Kristel!
Welcome back!!! I hope you're well and thanks for joining me!!!! I've been moving slowly, you know how it is, but so happy to get to relive it all with you guys!

Jodi did just fine once she got there! And thankfully it all worked out at home, too for her DH without a car!

I'm with you...could use one of those drinks myself right about now!!!

Thanks for sticking with me!!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #96
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Sorry about your mom's feet. Good thing she is traveling with an always prepared DIS'er. Although I can't help but think that perhaps your TR title foreshadows how her back and ankle fare on the rest of the trip?

Sounds like you had a great night. I definitely want to try the Wave someday. That's a nice little walk over to the Contemporary, isn't it?

I'm so glad you started with the IASW tradition. So cute. Crowds sound like they were so low-- I'm jealous!!

Looking forward to more!!

Old 10-26-2009, 05:47 AM   #97
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sorry about your mom's feet. Good thing she is traveling with an always prepared DIS'er. Although I can't help but think that perhaps your TR title foreshadows how her back and ankle fare on the rest of the trip?

Sounds like you had a great night. I definitely want to try the Wave someday. That's a nice little walk over to the Contemporary, isn't it?

I'm so glad you started with the IASW tradition. So cute. Crowds sound like they were so low-- I'm jealous!!

Looking forward to more!!
Morning C!
Ya, you're on to me...Mom didn't fair too well there...but we took care of her and made the best of things for sure.

The walk over to the Contemporary is very nice, never knew it was there so it was nice!!

The crowds were PERFECT! Couldn't have ordered any better.....I heard it definately picked up the weekend we left...as I'm sure you know!

Hoping to update today, assuming the stars aline and the kids behave!! LOL!

Happy Monday!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #98
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Nice update. The Wave looks and sounds really good. It'd on our list for possible restaurants to try in the future, so I appreciate the review.

How sweet about Small World. What a perfect way to start the visit to Magic Kingdom.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #99
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

First, congratulations on starting your career!!! That is very exciting! Plus, it sounds great that your office is going to be flexible with your hours.

Do you have to join the local, state and National Boards? And buy the electronic key? I always felt so bad for people just starting out because it's a LOT of money to start with all the dues, the keys, the lockboxes - plus fees your office may charge to start up. Ugh.

I do recall our local Board dues being a bit more expensive though because we included all Continuing Education classes in the cost - we were the only Board in the State to do that!

I kinda miss my job there. While I never did the actual real estate part of it, just being around all that and learning in all the Continuing Ed classes I had to oversee, was so much fun-SUCH an interesting field!!!

And how nice that you have a bit of a head-start and overseer with your Mom being a pro in the business!!

Oh-and I have to throw in a real estate lingo here....I hope you can hog your first listing!!
(I know some offices even have a squeaky pig they squeeze when they are able to hog!!! Kinda funny, but that extra commission is always a good thing!!)

Back to Disney World....
We loved our meal at The Wave too! It was just excellent. We loved the calm atmosphere in there, relaxing, good food, good service!

Sounds like an awesome way to wrap up day one at MK. A very fun, but exhausting night! I hope your Mom's feet get better, but I'm thinking not by the title of your TR!!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #100
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post

We have no plan of attack once through the turnstiles, it's about 8 pm at this point, we make our way down Main Street and take it all in...the castle, the people, the smells, the magic.....I was SO HAPPY to finally be there!

We decide that we have no choice but to ride IASW, for those of you just joining in, this was our tradition growing up, Mom would INSIST that we start our vacation with IASW, I've since instilled this in my children and didn't expect anything less for this trip. I didn't take out my camera for the rest of the night, sorry, we did get some pics from photopass, but haven't received this as of yet. I will post them once I get them, hope that's okay.
We enjoyed our ride through IASW, I couldn't help but think of my boys at that moment, how happy I was to have this special trip with just my Mom & sister, and got teary eyed for just the moment.
I have been thinking all morning about that magical Disney feeling. This time last week, I was at Epcot. Right now, I'm back at my desk. Boo.

I'm so, so glad you were able to take this trip! I want to take Jill within the next year, at least for a long weekend, without the girls. It would be good for her to be just Jill again for a few days.

You are a blessed girl to have had this good time with your 'first' family and then have those great boys waiting back at home for you when it was over!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #102
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I had never even considered the Wave, but I love the entrance. I am glad you got to ride IASW first. That is a great family tradition! I am glad you are back! Congrats on the new job!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 10-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #103
pmama
DIS Veteran

Looks like a good first day. The Wave looks fun.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #104
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited to hear another good review of the Wave! I can't wait to try it in December - my trip is actually starting to get close enough that it seems real now!!

I'm glad you got to pop into the MK at least for a little while - it sounds like you had a great evening, except for your mom's poor feet!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #105
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Nice update. The Wave looks and sounds really good. It'd on our list for possible restaurants to try in the future, so I appreciate the review.

How sweet about Small World. What a perfect way to start the visit to Magic Kingdom.
Loved The Wave, put in on your list, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed at all, it's delish!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I have been thinking all morning about that magical Disney feeling. This time last week, I was at Epcot. Right now, I'm back at my desk. Boo.

I'm so, so glad you were able to take this trip! I want to take Jill within the next year, at least for a long weekend, without the girls. It would be good for her to be just Jill again for a few days.

You are a blessed girl to have had this good time with your 'first' family and then have those great boys waiting back at home for you when it was over!
I know MeMom, there is NOTHING better than all of those magical moments you feel when you're there. I do what you do, too, a week ago, a month ago....sniff, sniff!!

I hope that you and Jill get to do a Mom/Daughter trip, it was SO GOOD for me, so I know that it would be SO good for her, too. Not to mention to just have that one on one time with you....it was a trip I will never forget....that precious time that we're so lucky to have, you know? Keep pushing, I hope she gives in!!

I am very blessed....I'm a lucky girl in SO many ways, I've been blessed with a loving family, wonderful friends, opportunities, life is good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Great update. Sounds like it was the perfect first night of your trip!

Uh oh. Your poor mom and foot pain.
I know, poor Mom, thanks to you, I was prepared!!! So Mom thanks you, LL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
I had never even considered the Wave, but I love the entrance. I am glad you got to ride IASW first. That is a great family tradition! I am glad you are back! Congrats on the new job!
Hi! Loved the Wave, definately put it on your list of places to try someday. I know you won't be disappointed. I'm sure someday my boys won't think IASW is a great tradition....but it will always be ours, and someday they will appreciate it, right?

Thank you for well wishes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Looks like a good first day. The Wave looks fun.
It was...it was a looong day but so much fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I'm so excited to hear another good review of the Wave! I can't wait to try it in December - my trip is actually starting to get close enough that it seems real now!!

I'm glad you got to pop into the MK at least for a little while - it sounds like you had a great evening, except for your mom's poor feet!
You will LOVE The Wave, glad you're going, you won't be sorry. Your trip is getting so close!!!! What are your dates, again? It's amazing how time flies...we went early December last year, and here it's almost been a year since that trip! You're going to love it!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: