Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #46
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here!!!

Seeing all the stuff you made for your Mom again when you surprised her brought tears to my eyes. I'm such a sap! But, really, what a WONDERFUL surprise!

Sorry to hear about the rough night of sleep-ugh. I don't like early morning flights for that reason--I can't ever seem to sleep the night before Disney.

And leaving the boys!!! But, I'm happy to read everything was fine and no bus issues!! What a relief.

That is AWFUL about your sister's rental car. What a pain!!

Very fun with the pixie dust at DTD-you guys are off to a great trip, full of pixie dust...literally! (sorry, had to!)
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #47
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

nice of you and your sister to take your mom to disney for her birthday. gotta love the pixie dust just gets you in the magical mood.
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #48
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Okay, I just noticed the title of your TR. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny! Love it!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #49
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!! An update!! How cool that Mickey Mouse sang "Happy Birthday" over the phone to your mom!! How magical!! And I know what you mean about that pixie dust!! I'm STILL finding it in the girl's hair--no kidding!! No matter how many baths I give them they still have some of that special Disney magic, I say!!
I know, sorry Becky, been kind of slooooww with updates.....I feel like I'm going in a hundred directions lately ,thanks for staying with me!!! It was cute that Mickey sang to Mom, you can tell she got a kick out of it! And you are so right, that pixie dust was crazy..it stuck to everything! But it was fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Love those birthday ears! They're awesome!

Your boys are adorable anyway, but even moreso in those ears.
Hi MeMom,
Aren't they cute?!! I loved them, too!! And thank you....I agree, but a little bit biased here...lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKTeer View Post
Kristen,

The boys look so cute in their ears!

You and I have the same Vera Bradley pattern
Hi!
Aww, thank you, I think so, too! Love to see them in them, they look so little to me...if only they would stay this cute!!

Love that VB pattern...it's fun, bright and vacation like! Which bag do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Love all the Mickey stickers that Cole has on his shirt! Mine couldn't take just one when they were that age either - they'd cover themselves from head to toe in stickers!
I didn't notice them unti you said something about them!! LOL!! I collected them that week and brought them home to him, plus Brook had sent me some, too. He LOVED them, they were everywhere!!! I love that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Jumping on board. Always wanted to do a Disney trip with my mom-she passed away in July of this year. I look forward to reading your experiences.
Hi! Thanks for joining me!!! It was a WONDERFUL trip with my Mom, memories for a lifetime! I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.....I hope you're doing okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Love the pics with Cole's Mickey ears and your other two adorable boys. As you can see from the pic below that is the one we got for our youngest.
Hey! Thank you, love that pic, too! Those ears are so cute...I went back and forth deciding if we should just let him pick out his own in a few years and my DH convinced me he'd never know the difference...so I went with it. He loves them and looks so cute in them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
All caught up!!

Nice birthday hat!! Did your Mom have to wear it around WDW (like I did ...)?
Hi Joelp!
Did you get the same ears? I can't wait to see the pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love that you were both pixie dusted! Very pretty!
Hi LL,
It was fun!! Mom wasn't so sure at first but the it totally got her into the magic.....and how many times do I get to be a princess in this house? So it was sooo fun and girly!!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #50
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Hmm, your table is in a different spot than ours was in the 50's building last year. Love the pictures, looking forward to reading more.
Hi!
We moved the table when we got there since I was sleeping on a cot....we rearranged things a bit to make it work for us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
I have joined in on your report. First your dates caught my attention. We were at Pop the 12th -20th of September. Then your name caught my attention, but I spell mine, Kristin. Great start to your report!
Hi Kristin! Welcome aboard!!! Thanks for joining me!! We were there the same time..I wonder if we passed each other? Are you doing a TR? Hope you stick around!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I'm here and caught up! I love the pixie dust!

Denise
Hi Denise!
Thanks for joining me!!! Stay tuned...I'm moving slow but have lots to report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here!!!

Seeing all the stuff you made for your Mom again when you surprised her brought tears to my eyes. I'm such a sap! But, really, what a WONDERFUL surprise!

Sorry to hear about the rough night of sleep-ugh. I don't like early morning flights for that reason--I can't ever seem to sleep the night before Disney.

And leaving the boys!!! But, I'm happy to read everything was fine and no bus issues!! What a relief.

That is AWFUL about your sister's rental car. What a pain!!

Very fun with the pixie dust at DTD-you guys are off to a great trip, full of pixie dust...literally! (sorry, had to!)
Hi Brook!
Yay, you're here!!!

We made the best of the rough night sleep.....oh well, we were off to Disney! and you're right you can never really sleep that great the night before anyways, even at home!

I know....leaving the boys was SO hard!! We just had to get out, and then I could deal. I cried a bit but did okay. There are a few times I cried...stay tuned and you'll see, but I think we all expected that!!

About the pixie dust.....you're right though. Stay tuned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
nice of you and your sister to take your mom to disney for her birthday. gotta love the pixie dust just gets you in the magical mood.
Hi!!! Oh thank you, we had such a great time, can't believe it's done and over with already, though!! Those trips go by SO fast, don't they?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Okay, I just noticed the title of your TR. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny! Love it!
LOL!! Stay tuned for that.....
Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #51
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Yes, I did a trip report and it is finished! I was the mom with the two little ones in the double stroller holding up the bus lines. My son's stroller had a "stroller as a wheelchair" tag issued by Disney. He is special needs. He also had a guest assistance card. It was an orange and brown stroller. We made lots of people mad by taking the stroller in the back of the bus. I would loved to have waited in the normal line with a healthy son, but I will take him the way he is. I have learned to accept the stares and rude comments. He is my little miracle. Do come over and read my report. We had lots of fun and some special magic on our trip! Now his Wish trip is 35 days away and we are back at Disney!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 10-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #52
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Great trip report soo far! I'm loving it! That sucks about the car rental. It always seems like car renting is always a pain. I'm glad it turned out alright though. I loved your pop pics of your room. It's pretty much like mine was. hehe and YAY for getting what you requested. That doesn't always happen.

I want my own mickey ears! I swear next time I'm going to find that store and make them!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #53
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Are you ready for the bad storm today.... It will be a great day to hang on the Dis and read TRs.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #54
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
Yes, I did a trip report and it is finished! I was the mom with the two little ones in the double stroller holding up the bus lines. My son's stroller had a "stroller as a wheelchair" tag issued by Disney. He is special needs. He also had a guest assistance card. It was an orange and brown stroller. We made lots of people mad by taking the stroller in the back of the bus. I would loved to have waited in the normal line with a healthy son, but I will take him the way he is. I have learned to accept the stares and rude comments. He is my little miracle. Do come over and read my report. We had lots of fun and some special magic on our trip! Now his Wish trip is 35 days away and we are back at Disney!
Looking forward to checking our your TR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
Great trip report soo far! I'm loving it! That sucks about the car rental. It always seems like car renting is always a pain. I'm glad it turned out alright though. I loved your pop pics of your room. It's pretty much like mine was. hehe and YAY for getting what you requested. That doesn't always happen.

I want my own mickey ears! I swear next time I'm going to find that store and make them!
Hi Jen!
I wanted my own ears, too, maybe next time when we go as a family!! That would be a cute family pic, just not sure my DH would wear them!! LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Are you ready for the bad storm today.... It will be a great day to hang on the Dis and read TRs.
It's a great day to DIS, hoping to do an update now...the laundry is done, the house is clean.....what else is there to do?! Hoping my DH can watch the boys so I can tie up day #1!! Stay tuned.....
Old 10-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #55
tiggerfan6
Wishing upon a star

I have caught up on your trip report... what a great surprisefor you and your sister to give to your mother. looking forward to reading more.
POFQ November 2013

Old 10-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #56
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Hi! I'm joining in. Your trip report is adorable so far. It looks like you and your mom are having such a wonderful time.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #57
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

So I left you with Mom and I browsing the World of Disney....I just love everything about this shop....some of our sights....

We then decided to head back out and grab a refreshment....it was about 2 or so at this time.

Mom on our way out....

Amazing what you can do with Lego's!

We headed over to one of the drink booths (sorry, didn't catch the name....) to sit and relax and call Jodi to see where she was at this point. Mom got a margherita and I opted for a nice, cold Rum runner. Boy my drink was STRONG! I had taken a few sips and had to go back and ask for some more juice....I would have been DONE if I continued drinking it the way that it was!! And we still had a long afternoon ahead of us...

Don't mind how exhausted I look but here I am enjoying my drink!

We were sitting on the water, we had a great view and we found a new friend....I took this because I knew the boys would love it!!

Our views- I really wanted to do this but when called Jodi and found out that she was less than an hour away at this point! YAY!

So we sucked up our drinks and headed out....we were finally going to see Jodi and get our party started!!!! Mom was beside herself at this point, she was SO excited to see Jodi, it had been since February since we had seen her and this was her dream come true, to have both her girls together again!

Old 10-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #58
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerfan6 View Post
I have caught up on your trip report... what a great surprisefor you and your sister to give to your mother. looking forward to reading more.
Hi!
Thanks for coming along for my trip!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Hi! I'm joining in. Your trip report is adorable so far. It looks like you and your mom are having such a wonderful time.
Hi! Thanks for joining us....it was so much fun and the best parts are yet to come..hope you stick around!!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #59
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

sounds like you two were enjoying yourselfs at DTD. cant wait til your sister gets there.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #60
pmama
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see where you're off to next. Do you know what they charge for that balloon ride in DTD?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: