Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #31
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
I'm here! and all caught up. I'm excited to hear about your trip- with no kids. I'm sure you had a blast.

I never sleep good the night before!
Hi Jen!!! Thanks for finding me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKTeer View Post
Subbing! And looking forward to all those photos!

What a great surprise for your mom! I'd have a hard time getting up super-early too You both have such pretty eyes--did your sis get them too?

I couldn't sleep the night before either. All the planning was taken care of, so that wasn't it--just the excitement

Glad to hear that Ethan's doing better about school.
Hello! Thanks for joining me!!! It was a great surprise for Mom!!! And such a treat for all of us, too! Aww, thank you for your very sweet compliment! You'll see Jodi soon...I think we all look pretty simliar, it will be interesting to see what you think!

And thanks, yes, he's doing so much better! PHEW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I'm here Kristen!! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see all of your pics!!
Hi Becky! Thanks for coming along for my ride! Yes, the pics, I hope yo'ure ready, there are a lot of them!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
How did I not realize you had started this!?!

Well I'm here and I'm caught up. You look so much like your mom!!

I'm contemplating doing a hotel the night before I leave in January even though I fly out of Manchester. I'm still pricing it out but I think I'm going to do it.
Hi LL!
You are a busy girl, no worries, you didn't miss much, at all!!! Thanks for coming along!

I know, I do look a look like my Mom, don't I? We definately can not be mistaken as family!!!!

It was so nice having that down time the night before the trip at the hotel, even with the sleep interuptions. And to be that much closer to the airport at that early in the a.m. is SO worth it! And especially in January around here, you never know what the roads will be so it might be that much nicer, for you! Worth considering, for sure.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #32
LaurenMic
LaurenMic

Hey Kristen!!
Just found your TR and it is great so far! That stinks about your sister's rental car dilemma, I hope it didn't throw off the plans too much! That towel animal had me cracking up, it does look like a dog, but the weirdest one ever! And I love that you had barely got into the room and Stacey was already on TV lol sounds like me! Can't wait for more!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #33
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
Hey Kristen!!
Just found your TR and it is great so far! That stinks about your sister's rental car dilemma, I hope it didn't throw off the plans too much! That towel animal had me cracking up, it does look like a dog, but the weirdest one ever! And I love that you had barely got into the room and Stacey was already on TV lol sounds like me! Can't wait for more!!
Hi Lauren!!
Thanks for finding me and reading along!! Hoping to update more today, so stay tuned!! Although I have all the kids home today for the holiday and no help, so we'll see!!

I'm glad it wasn't just me questioning that towel animal...weird, huh?

Hope you're well!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #34
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

I left off with Mom and I going to grab a bite to eat at Everything POP. I took Mom for a tour of the cafeteria and explained the dining plan again to her, for some reason she had a hard time grasping it. We ended up with some sandwiches, grabbed a corner booth and took a deep breath, we were finally here!!!!! We started talking about what we were going to do while waiting for Jodi, we had at least 2-3 hours before she would get to us, but decided we didn't want to go to MK without here, it would have been so anticlimatic if we went later with her, you know? So we decided we'd take a spin to DTD just to kill time. We finished lunch, I made a quick call home to see how everyone was doing, how Ethan did getting on the bus (NO issues for Daddy!) and told Todd we'd catch up later. We made our way out to the bus stop and got right on!!

We got there, with no plan, and just started taking a look around, poking in and out of shops. It was nice and leisurely, very vacation like....I was finally coming down!!

We decided to stop in one shop, not sure of the name, but it's where you can make your own ears? I was determined to get Cole a set of ears, the boys have them, and he deserved his own, since he's always trying to steal theirs!!! I was looking around, the CM's noticed Mom's birthday button so one of them tells her to come over, that there was a phone call for her! So off she went....Mickey sang Happy Birthday to her!!

then they put this hat on her! too cute!!

Here are Coley's ears, taken out of context, obviously, but don't have a pic from the trip!! They have his name on them....

and just because, they are cute!! My baby boys!!!

Then we headed over to World of Disney, is there any better store than this?!! When we walked through the door, there were fairy godmothers giving out pixie dust! Mom walked through the door and asked her if she would like to be dusted and she said "sure".....well, they put a face mask over her face and then started pixie dusting her like you wouldn't believe! It was ALL over her, it was too funny!!

Here is the pic I took of her afterwards, not sure you can really tell how much there was, but it took days of showers to get rid of it all!!

Being the good sport I am, they asked me, and I agreed too, so that Mom wasn't the only shiney one!! Again, not sure the pic does it justice....

We then walked around and took some pics and just browsed.....
Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #35
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!! An update!! How cool that Mickey Mouse sang "Happy Birthday" over the phone to your mom!! How magical!! And I know what you mean about that pixie dust!! I'm STILL finding it in the girl's hair--no kidding!! No matter how many baths I give them they still have some of that special Disney magic, I say!!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #36
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Love those birthday ears! They're awesome!

Your boys are adorable anyway, but even moreso in those ears.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #37
MouseKTeer
back to reality

Kristen,

The boys look so cute in their ears!

You and I have the same Vera Bradley pattern
Old 10-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #38
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Love all the Mickey stickers that Cole has on his shirt! Mine couldn't take just one when they were that age either - they'd cover themselves from head to toe in stickers!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #39
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Jumping on board. Always wanted to do a Disney trip with my mom-she passed away in July of this year. I look forward to reading your experiences.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #40
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Love the pics with Cole's Mickey ears and your other two adorable boys. As you can see from the pic below that is the one we got for our youngest.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #41
joelp
DIS Veteran

All caught up!!

Nice birthday hat!! Did your Mom have to wear it around WDW (like I did ...)?

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
Old 10-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #43
pmama
DIS Veteran

Hmm, your table is in a different spot than ours was in the 50's building last year. Love the pictures, looking forward to reading more.

Last edited by pmama; 10-16-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #44
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I have joined in on your report. First your dates caught my attention. We were at Pop the 12th -20th of September. Then your name caught my attention, but I spell mine, Kristin. Great start to your report!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 10-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #45
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I'm here and caught up! I love the pixie dust!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: