Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #16
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]

Well, we didn't sleep that great....the air kept coming on and off and very loudly, at 3 a.m kids were knocking at our door (I swear, I was ready to hurt someone!!) and since I knew that the wake up call would come anytime, I kept shutting my eyes and waking like every 5 minutes....ugh!!

COLOR]

Oh, I am crossing my fingers you didn't get a Turbo Flush room like we did when we were at POP! Touring the World not fully rested is !

I am glad leaving the boys went without any drama

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Old 10-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #17
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry it was so tough for you leaving the boys, I was afraid your day would go something like that.

That stinks you weren't able to get any rest the night before your flight - hopefully you were able to catch a nap on the plane!
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #18
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to read more!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 10-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #19
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Great TR so far!!! A mother/daughter trip sounds like so much!!!! Oh, I can't wait to read more!!!

I like how you mentioned you weren't in DIS mode yet! When I got back from my trip, I had so much trouble getting out of DIS mode! I still wanted to take pictures of everything I was doing!!! It felt so wrong eating meals without getting pictures of them first!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #20
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
Oh, I am crossing my fingers you didn't get a Turbo Flush room like we did when we were at POP! Touring the World not fully rested is !

I am glad leaving the boys went without any drama
Thankfully we did not end up with a turbo flush room like you at Pop,things went very smoothly when we were there, thankfully!!! I felt SO bad for you when I read that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I'm sorry it was so tough for you leaving the boys, I was afraid your day would go something like that.

That stinks you weren't able to get any rest the night before your flight - hopefully you were able to catch a nap on the plane!
Aww, thanks, you knew that was going to happen....it was like my heart was in my throat saying goodbye....and for the record, I did fairly well being without them all week but there will be a few times I welled up with tears....you'll hear all about them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to read more!
Hi Meghan! Thanks for coming along for the ride! Hoping to update more now...stay tuned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post
Great TR so far!!! A mother/daughter trip sounds like so much!!!! Oh, I can't wait to read more!!!

I like how you mentioned you weren't in DIS mode yet! When I got back from my trip, I had so much trouble getting out of DIS mode! I still wanted to take pictures of everything I was doing!!! It felt so wrong eating meals without getting pictures of them first!
Hi Trickiwoo! Thanks for joining me!!!! A mother/daughter trip was to dream for....it had been A LOT of time so it was sooo special! I hope you enjoy!!

To be completley honest, I was thinking of DIS the whole time we were in Boston, but I think my Mom would have died if I started then...lol! So I had to behave and not be completely out of control...just yet!! Trust me, I more than made up for it when we got there.....I have SO MANY pics!! I hope you enjoy them all!!!! And I hear you about when you get home...I'm the same way!!! LOL!!

Okay guys, hoping to update today, it will depend on Cole's nap....if not, I'll give it a whirl tonight.....thanks for sticking with me!!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:20 AM   #21
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

You guys look so cute in the pic on the plane. Full of excitement and ready to go!! Sorry about the mommy guilt. That must have been tough. How is Ethan doing with school now?

Looking forward to more!!

Old 10-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #22
MeMom
DIS Veteran

It's been an exceptionally busy week, so I'm just discovering the TR start. Just checking in to say I will look forward to reading this weekend when I get some free time.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:59 AM   #23
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
You guys look so cute in the pic on the plane. Full of excitement and ready to go!! Sorry about the mommy guilt. That must have been tough. How is Ethan doing with school now?

Looking forward to more!!
Morning C!!!! Soooo happy to see you on DIS, again, although that means you're sooo back to reality, but nevertheless, I'm happy!!

Aww, thanks, those self portraits are never the best angle, but you still need them......or at least that's what I tell myself!! I didn't want to ask someone to take our pic on the plane!! LOL!! But you're so right...we were SO excited!!

Didn't get around to updating yesterday....one of THOSE afternoons...do my best today!

Oh and thanks for asking about Ethan...he turned a corner this week! He's going, still complaining, but no tears and no episodes where I need to pick him up and put him on the bus so he's doing just fine......I think we're on our way! KNOCK ON WOOD!!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #24
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It's been an exceptionally busy week, so I'm just discovering the TR start. Just checking in to say I will look forward to reading this weekend when I get some free time.
MeMom!!!! SO happy to see you here! I haven't been on your TR either...and I know I'm missing SO much, I can see the emails pouring in!! Will do my best to check in there this weekend, too! I hope you're doing well!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #25
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

I'm here! and all caught up. I'm excited to hear about your trip- with no kids. I'm sure you had a blast.

I never sleep good the night before!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #26
MouseKTeer
back to reality

Subbing! And looking forward to all those photos!

What a great surprise for your mom! I'd have a hard time getting up super-early too You both have such pretty eyes--did your sis get them too?

I couldn't sleep the night before either. All the planning was taken care of, so that wasn't it--just the excitement

Glad to hear that Ethan's doing better about school.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #27
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I'm here Kristen!! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see all of your pics!!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #28
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

How did I not realize you had started this!?!

Well I'm here and I'm caught up. You look so much like your mom!!

I'm contemplating doing a hotel the night before I leave in January even though I fly out of Manchester. I'm still pricing it out but I think I'm going to do it.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #29
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I left off with Mom and I on our way! We were in the air to MCO in no time, we had a very uneventful flight and landed a wee bit early.....headed straight to the "fake monorail" to the main termincal and down to ME to catch our bus and in less than 20 minutes we were on our way to POP! I couldn't believe it, in December there were lines a mile long, zig zaggin everywhere, but it was a Monday and in September, so I'm sure that made all the difference in the world. As soon as we got settled in our seats on ME, Mom turned on her cell phone to find a message from Jodi. It was about 11 or so at this point.

Jodi called about 9:30-10 a.m and was just getting on the road! And she had a 5 hour drive in front of her! Oh no! I had plans that we'd do MK a bit early, even if it only meant we made it down Main Street to see the castle or ride IASW, since it was Mom's fav once, we were going to MK before our 5:50 dinner ressie at The Wave. She had some issues with the car rental place, they didn't have her car reservation, could only rent her one for $400 for the week, instead of the $150 she locked into, so she had to drop her husband off at work, take their only car and head to Orlando, in hopes that her DH could figure out a ride for a few days (which he did, no problem), so it didn't start her day off right, at all.

We got to POP just before noon, I had done online check in, smooth sailing there, got the room we asked for (50's section, 1st floor) and we were on our way!!!!! And to boot, our room was ready!!! We headed straight there to check things out....

Here are few pics of our room!
Our room #:

What was waiting inside for us....not quite sure what is is....thoughts?? A dog?? Hmm.... It was the last of the towel animals for us this week though!!

Hello Stacy!

After checking it all out, which isn't much, if you've stayed at Pop before, but enough for us for the week. We decided to head to "Everything POP" for lunch, afterall, we had some time before Jodi was going to get there.......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: