Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Pirates life for me
Mouseketeer

Here it is trip report from first timers just back!

Let's start by thanking everyone once again for the help in getting ready could not have done it without you

Ok sum it all up in one word AWESOME

Wife 3 & 5 yr old girls loved it Magical

Stayed at POP which is a great clean resort except for Mousekeeping and now I know why they call it Mousekeeping because they think they clean for a mouse and leave crap including food all over the floor for them Was not going to let that bother me so I had them come an vacuum again gave them two more chance to clean the room during the stay and still not so great so I left the private card on the door to keep them out The resort is very clean though.

Here are all the greats Magical express, Buses to the parks, all CM's especially servers and food at Ohana's, Crystal Palace, CRT, Akersus Story Book dining, Hollywood and Vine, Le Cellier and pretty good CS too and I used to work in high end hotels so that is saying something. The Princess interaction was incredible and the pictures you get at CRT & Akersus is over the top. Fantasmic was great although had to take my 3 yr old out but she was ok up at the standing room maybe we were to close the H&V fantasmic pkg was great I highly recommend it.

MNSSHP again outstanding girls loved the candy and the parade we all dressed up. Speaking of parades Spectro is not to be missed crowds were good and Fast Pass rules!

We accomplished a lot but like everyone said you cannot do it all and my word of advice take it easy with little ones like we did breaks during the day and go by their cues. Everyone was sad to leave so I took advantage of the bounce back and booked for next year if you can believe it cheaper for the same pkg. with free dining, hopper and POP again the same week can't beat that

I don't consider myself an expert but a veteran now from all of my research here and my trip so any questions feel free to ask.

The only thing I am not doing is bringing my Mother-in-law again she was horrible to have there. All she wanted to do was lay by the pool and was negative about most things we had planned and the kids were staying up to late blah blah blah so I told her she should have gone to an island and that she did not need to come with us to the parks and when she did she was *****ing about going back to the hotel.

I was so worried about everyone else getting sick, washing hands, sanitizer that I think I forgot about myself and yep I got a head cold a couple of days before we left but hey better me then the girls.

In closing we spread as much magic as we could ourselves by giving extra fast passes, advice, our extra cases of water that we had because we ordered to much to families and even a few beers I had left over

I now have a reason to stick around disboards because I have less than a year to plan again, wow we will be really good this time
Old 10-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
johnGorski
Mouseketeer

I am glad you had a good time, I know how it is with a crank in the group, guess you cant please everyone.
johnGorski is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: