Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer

how much does it cost to get my pictures put on a cd from our memory card at

a photo kiosk at WDW? I don't want to lug our laptop along with us, but don't want to worry about filling up all of our memory cards either. I plan to bring a few, but want to know how much it'll cost to use the photo help people and have our memory cards downloaded onto a cd. Also, are there locations to do this at the resorts or only at the parks?
Aug. 2012 - Saratoga Springs
March 2013 - Pop Century
July 2013 - DCL - Wonder to Alaska
February 2014 - runDisney marathon weekend
July 2014 - Saratoga Springs
October 2014 - runDisney ToT!
KelseyLaPerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyLaPerle View Post
a photo kiosk at WDW? I don't want to lug our laptop along with us, but don't want to worry about filling up all of our memory cards either. I plan to bring a few, but want to know how much it'll cost to use the photo help people and have our memory cards downloaded onto a cd. Also, are there locations to do this at the resorts or only at the parks?
I don't know the cost but have heard it is much cheaper doing it off site.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
wtrmlnlabs
DIS Veteran

I'm not positive, but I do know it's crazy expensive. My friend went with us last year and needed to get a new card or get pics off the old one. She looked at doing this at WDW and I'm thinking it was like $12 a CD, with the number of pics on her card it would have taken 3 or 4 CDs! When I can go to CVS and get CD's here for $3 this was a crazy price to us. I'd get a deal on some more cards or go elsewhere to make your CD.
wtrmlnlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #4
NYCDiane
DIS Veteran

The memory cards go on sale a lot at Walgreens and I know they're relatively inexpensive at WalMart.

If you only want to bring 1 or 2 memory cards, you'd be better off finding a drug store or Wal Mart near Disney where you can get it done inexpensively.
NYCDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin

An arm and a leg, whereas you can buy memory cards for next to nothing. Seriously, cards are dirt cheap - just buy more and take them with you. I carry four 4 GB cards and three 2GB cards and a couple of 1 GB cards with us when we go to WDW and will probably pick a few more 4 GB cards later in the year. I can take thousands of photos depending on the resolution I desire. If your camera can accep the HCSD cards (assuming SD) you can get 4 GB or higher for less than $20 at all sorts of places.
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Golf4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
swilshire
DIS Veteran

I did this a couple of times back when memory cards were expensive, but now I'd much rather carry the cards back than a CD. I bought a case for them at Walmart for about $4. I take tons of pictures but it doesn't take many 4G cards for a week's vacation.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
dfchelbay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDiane View Post
The memory cards go on sale a lot at Walgreens and I know they're relatively inexpensive at WalMart.

If you only want to bring 1 or 2 memory cards, you'd be better off finding a drug store or Wal Mart near Disney where you can get it done inexpensively.
We always get our memory cards at Ink Stop. They're a steal there. We use SD cards and they cost around $5 1GB, and $7 2GB, on sale. Check out their website for the type of memory card you need.
dfchelbay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: