Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2009, 04:15 AM   #1
*Nessa*
Cinderella is proof... a new pair of shoes can change your life

Help organising trip planning information & welcome packets for guests

I need some help & ideas on what would be best to do with all guest information packs for our wedding trip.

We have organised the trip to the US (from Oz) for our wedding for all our guests and most are taking a similar trip touring the US before/after our DCL wedding cruise. Originally we were going to give the planning folder out before we travelled (as they may need the information) and then give a small welcome packet in the welcome bag at the wedding.

But I am having a bit of trouble working out what to include in each pack, how to organise it to be the most useful for our guests and now I think maybe we should have a welcome folder for WDW (as they are staying in WDW for the week before the wedding) and then one for DCL.

So far we have planned two packets as follows:

Planning Pack
* Trip Itinerary
* Wedding Itinerary
* Flights (international & domestic)
* Accommodation details (LA /Vegas/ WDW & DCL/WDW/LA)
* Tours
* Activities
* Wedding Details
* WDW tickets & Dining plan
* Transport

Welcome Pack
* WDW theme park brochures
* DCL information (info on sap /fitness centre / shows etc)
* DCL trip Itinerary
* Wedding schedule of events
* Fish extender
* Welcome pack goodies (snacks & water etc)

Questions
1) I was planning on having the Welcome packs delivered to the WDW rooms (as it’s more difficult to have it done on DCL), but would it be better to put the WDW theme park brochures, dining punch cards, t-shirts in the planning kit and then get the welcome bags delivered on the Cruise or should we have a third pack (planning pack, WDW welcome folder & DCL welcome folder).

2) For the planning pack is it best to set out as above OR would it be better to put under destinations (eg LA and then have all the details that relate to LA (flights, accommodation ect) under that heading?

3) We have made up a few “gift” items with the help of the wonderful DISigners (WDW dining punch cards, t-shirts, candy bar wrappers) should we include the t-shirts & dining cards with the planning pack and then anything else in the welcome bags?

4) Are we forgetting anything?

2002 Disneyland Hotel - 2004 Disneyland Hotel - 2006 - DL Grand California
2009 DL Paradise Pier - 2009 WDW OKW / POLY / WL - 2009 DFTW Western & Eastern Caribbean
2014 DCL Alaska & California Coast/DL 2015 DL/WDW/DCL Fantasy
MY PLANNING BLOG OUR WEDDING WEBSITE www.mattandnessa.com

*Nessa* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: