Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #481
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

A post was just removed that also contained a question, however, the question is addressed in the first post of the thread.

Please remember that comments on personal tipping habits/beliefs is limited on the board.

Thanks
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #482
chris013087
Earning My Ears

Okay I know that this has probably been asked before. We are a party of 5 going. I had two questions. When I booked my dining reservations online it booted out one person from one of the reservations and it was for 4 people. I called disney and they said you have to keep trying to get it for 5. What should I do if I cant get it? Also the youngest person going with us is 10 years old. Is he considered children dining or adult dining?

Thanks
chris013087 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #483
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Keep trying for 5 but if you can't get it go to you meal about 30 min before and tell them you are a partu of 5. Unless its a prepaid meal you should be fine. Any child who's agr is double digits is an adult at Disney.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #484
vicgurganus
Earning My Ears

I read back a few pages in the thread and could not find the answer to my question.

This is the first time we have used Disney Dining Plan. We are a party of 6m, therefore gratuity is added. How does this work? The meals are pre-paid so how do they add a gratuity? Do you just get a bill for the gratuity? Is the amount of a gratuity added to the cost of the meal plan when it's purchased? Totally confused on how they will add gratuity when I have a pre-paid dining plan.

Thanks.
vicgurganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #485
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicgurganus View Post
I read back a few pages in the thread and could not find the answer to my question.

This is the first time we have used Disney Dining Plan. We are a party of 6m, therefore gratuity is added. How does this work? The meals are pre-paid so how do they add a gratuity? Do you just get a bill for the gratuity? Is the amount of a gratuity added to the cost of the meal plan when it's purchased? Totally confused on how they will add gratuity when I have a pre-paid dining plan.

Thanks.
You will get a bill that will show how much is due for gratuity. They will base the 18% off of what your total bill would have been if you'd paid out of pocket.

Hope that this helps.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #486
vicgurganus
Earning My Ears

Thanks. I guess there is no real way to plan ahead since I have no idea ahead of time what everybody will be eating. Or do the character meals have a pre-set price? All of our table service meals are character meals. I would like to budget cash for tips as it will just make my life easier. That or have a gift card set aside for tips.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #487
vicgurganus
Earning My Ears

Oh, one more question. Cinderella's Royal Table has gratuity included correct? I do not have to budget for that tip?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #488
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Oh, one more question. Cinderella's Royal Table has gratuity included correct? I do not have to budget for that tip?
Correct. And many of the character meals are buffets so those are set prices. Some are not though.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #489
vicgurganus
Earning My Ears

Thanks all. Hopefully I will figure this out
Old 02-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #490
smidgy
dimples

Quote:

Thanks.
you have a pre-paid dining plan, but only for the food. even for those who are not a party of 6 or more, the tip is not included or pre-paid on the dining plan. we always pay the tip separately, even though we are only a party of 2

I remember when the tip was first left off the dining plan, and servers would mention this. some people got upset that the server even mentioned a tip, but the servers knew that a lot of people didn't realize it was no longer covered and they didn't want to get stiffed.. they were kinda between a rock and a hard place there.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #491
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

All the character meals are fixed price meals. Some are not buffets, but are fixed price nonetheless.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #492
AJ12345
Mouseketeer

Splitting Gratuities???

We're going to be with extended family on the Deluxe Dining Plan. However we're in separate rooms. It's only two of us and 4 of them. I don't want to get stuck paying for their gratuities at restaurants by splitting the bill in two.

Is it ok if we ask for 2 separate checks since we're on two separate reservations when we sit down together??? We'll be doing all sit down meals so I want to make it as easy as possible.

I just don't want it to be weird or a big deal.
AJ12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #493
LeeLee'sMom
DIS Veteran

I may be wrong but I am thinking they will have to do 2 separate checks because it will be 2 different parties (i.e. not in same room). If that is not automatic simply ask them to do so, if you need an "excuse" say you like to keep the receipts to keep track of your dining credits
Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #494
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

I don't see why it would be a problem. It actually makes things easier instead of wasting time trying to figure out who should pay what. You also avoid the situation of others spending a lot more than you and suggesting you divide evenly. I ended up paying 10 bucks for just a diet coke a few weeks ago for that reason!!!

This time...Port Orleans French Quarter

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
sweeteypie1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #495
AJ12345
Mouseketeer

Yeah. That's what I'm hoping to avoid. They are a party of 4 so they'll be spending about double what we're spending. I just don't want it to be awkward asking to split the bill, but it seems like it should be ok.

I was just hoping the CM's wouldn't give us a hard time about it.
AJ12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: