Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #286
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keatonsmommy03 View Post
Our first trip we did exactly that. We had gift cards from ATT for signing up with them. It worked out really well because I had used just those cards for tips as we were on the DDP. I very rarely carry cash so it worked out that way too
just wondering if u ever have a problem with the card being declined. I work at as a server and these gift card credit cards always decline for some reason..I dont work at disney, I just know I would be upset if they gave them to me to use and they would not work..

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
mom2my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #287
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2my3kids View Post
just wondering if u ever have a problem with the card being declined. I work at as a server and these gift card credit cards always decline for some reason..I dont work at disney, I just know I would be upset if they gave them to me to use and they would not work..
I've used them as well and never had an issue with having the card declined.

The issue from declining comes when the person using the card doesn't know what the balance is. Say you've got a balance of $25 left on your card, but you want to tip the server $25.25. The card would come back declined. It wouldn't come back $25.00 Tendered and .25 owed.

After the card is declined the server would bring the card back to you letting you know that your card didn't go through.

I'd offer another payment method and we'd be on our way. Nothing to be upset about for the server or the guest.

(After leaving the restaurant the guest can call the number on the card and find out what the balance is on it)
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #288
keatonsmommy03
Mouseketeer

I agree, usually the only way it is declined is if you try to use it for more than what is on it. You will want to keep track of what you spend on it. I usually wrap the receipt around the card, especially if have multiple cards. Disney will not tell you at the bottom of the receipt what the balance is unless it is a disney gc.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #289
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

For planning purposes about how much money I should put on a GC to carry around:

Do all Character meals include tip? / Do any character meals include tip? I see that it is included in my HDDR and CRT and Aloha Luau, what about the others? (specifically referring to Chef Mickey, Hollywood and Vine breakfast,etc) Actually, it is confusing. Seems like it would be better if they included it all the time or never...

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #290
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post
For planning purposes about how much money I should put on a GC to carry around:

Do all Character meals include tip? / Do any character meals include tip? I see that it is included in my HDDR and CRT and Aloha Luau, what about the others? (specifically referring to Chef Mickey, Hollywood and Vine breakfast,etc) Actually, it is confusing. Seems like it would be better if they included it all the time or never...

The ones you mentioned are the only ones that include tip. All others do not.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #291
keatonsmommy03
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post

Well that would just depend on several different things, what you are planning are paying for with the gc? How long are you going to be there? How many people are with you? Are you on the DP? What activities do you want to do above and beyond the parks? Budget for souvenirs?
Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #292
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

Reminder - personal tipping habits is out of scope for this thread
Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #293
princessoftea
Earning My Ears

Sorry if this is a silly question. Do I need to tip at QS restaurants as well as TS?

If so do I need to tip if just buying a couple of drinks?

Thanks

Me DP DD (age 5)
princessoftea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #294
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessoftea View Post
Sorry if this is a silly question. Do I need to tip at QS restaurants as well as TS?

If so do I need to tip if just buying a couple of drinks?

Thanks
No tipping required on QS meals or drinks.
Usually tipping implies that someone is doing you a service (that you are essentially thanking them for). So if you are sitting down and are served by someone (even at buffets that serve you drinks and clear your table) then you tip.
bbangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:14 AM   #295
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Just a reminder that the first post of the thread has WDW's guidelines in the FAQ section that address such issues as auto gratuity.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:16 AM   #296
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

And to clarify

any warm body at the table will count towards head count. Eating. not eating, sleeping, not sleeping, counts towards the table head count

A table of 6 warm bodies or more (cold from air donditining does not count) will result in an auto 18% gratuity added to the bill. This is not negotiable

You have choices that include not going to TS if this policy offends you

Personal tipping habits discussion will, as always, be removed

Back to your regularly scheduled tipping thread.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #297
princessoftea
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
No tipping required on QS meals or drinks.
Usually tipping implies that someone is doing you a service (that you are essentially thanking them for). So if you are sitting down and are served by someone (even at buffets that serve you drinks and clear your table) then you tip.
Thanks I wasn't sure about ts buffets. That's very helpful.

Me DP DD (age 5)
princessoftea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #298
DCat1978
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
The ones you mentioned are the only ones that include tip. All others do not.
Isn't Mickey's Backyard BBQ included as well? I thought that's what the dining plan info said.
DCat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #299
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCat1978 View Post
Isn't Mickey's Backyard BBQ included as well? I thought that's what the dining plan info said.
I think so
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #300
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

CRT and the three dinner shows include the tip in the price.

All other regular restaurant meals do NOT include gratuities.

Going back to the autogratuity - if you leave your infant off the ADR and book for a party of five, when you arrive you will become a party of six and will still be assessed the autogratuity. Not only that, but if the restaurant is at capacity, you have a reservation for five and you show up with six, the sixth person won't be admitted. Because nobody is going to leave the baby outside, this will mean an adult has to sit out. Please note when making ADRs that you should include ALL party members, whatever their age is and whether they plan to eat or not. Restaurant capacity is set by fire codes and has nothing to do with where a person is sitting or what they're eating.

I've seen a number of posts on the reservations board from persons who say they just won't count their infant when making ADRs. That doesn't work, because they'll count the infant when you arrive.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 02-09-2011 at 03:42 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: