Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #241
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
By my recollection, you can ask the server to split the check. When they put in your order, they do it by 'seat', as in "seat number one ordered: sandwich, soup, lemonade.

However, what we find is the simplest method for us is just to alternate. It all comes out in the wash - so to speak. There's no way I'm going fret if it works out a dollar or two in my sister's favor, and visa versa. If it looks like it's starting to go more than ten dollars in any one's favor - or thereabouts - someone picks up an extra snack, or some little thing in a gift shop. It's just not worth the hassle of nickel and diming; everyone is having fun. Really as much as we pay attention, it almost always seems to come out very close to even. Even if the groups aren't the same size. (the smaller group does the tip at the signature restaurant or something.)

Otherwise, the tip will not be done by person, but by party.Your dining credits are also pooled by pary - so only one person per room needs to give a KTTW card at each dinner.
so funny! you are one of the few and far between. I have tables of 6 come in and get 3 seperate checks.. and all order the same fish fry! (but one couple might have a cocktail, or one of them might order a cheaper burger or a more expensive London Broil!)

anyway, servers are used to seperate checks. I have fun with the people by giving them little "pet" names I write on the checks, to keep them apart. (based on what they're wearing usually, but I like to have a little "fun" with it, if I see it is a "fun" table.)
just make sure to tell the server upfront that it will be sep. checks. sometimes they tell me at the end of the meal.."oh, can you put that on 4 sep. checks?"
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #242
Peggy F
Earning My Ears

Cinderellas Royal Table

I know this is 2 dining credits. Can anyone tell me if the tip is included? I heard it was but am not sure. There are 9 of us dining.
Peggy F is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #243
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy F View Post
I know this is 2 dining credits. Can anyone tell me if the tip is included? I heard it was but am not sure. There are 9 of us dining.
Hmmm I think they are? Perhaps someone else knows for sure?
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #244
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

It is included, but not because it's two credits. You can double check the FAQ in the first post for a list of all of the locations where tip is included.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #245
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy F View Post
yep!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #246
Peggy F
Earning My Ears

Smile Is Tip Included?

Thanks all for your help!!!!
Peggy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #247
goofyx3
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know where I could find any info/guidelines on tipping housekeeping, valet, assistance with luggage, etc? There will be 5 of us in one room at GF and I don't want to short change anyone. Thanks for your help.

1985-off property, 1988-off property, 1989-CBR,
1994-Honeymoon GF, 2004-off property,
2005-GF/Disney Cruise, 2007-off property, 2008-WL,
2009-YC, 2010-GF Grand Gathering can't wait!
goofyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #248
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Last edited by Alesia; 11-12-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #249
nejjie
Mouseketeer

So, is leaving a tip just like leaving a tip at any ordinary outside WDW restaurant.. you just flop that tip down on the table and leave? or do you wait to hand it to your server? Sounds like a dumb question but I honestly would like to know. Because sometimes it's hard to find your server after you are finished and sometimes you aren't comfortable leaving money out on a table.
nejjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #250
disney's daughter
DIS Veteran

What about tipping for a baby?

My sister, granddaughter and her mother and I will be going to Disney during the free dining. We paid the $10 per day per person to get one table service per day. We figured $6 per person per table service for our tips....I paid my share of tips for my granddaughter's mother and for me to my sister...(she likes to use her American Express for everything)...I figured I was all set....Smooth sailing...Wouldn't have to carry much money around...when it dawned on me...I forgot about paying tips for the baby...She is able to share our meals as she is only two...but, she will still be using extra plates and just plain being another person at the table....How much should I tip per table service for her?

See...One can never plan too much...I have been going to Disney World for years....but, this will be my first time taking a baby..Should be interesting!
disney's daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #251
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejjie View Post
So, is leaving a tip just like leaving a tip at any ordinary outside WDW restaurant.. you just flop that tip down on the table and leave? or do you wait to hand it to your server? Sounds like a dumb question but I honestly would like to know. Because sometimes it's hard to find your server after you are finished and sometimes you aren't comfortable leaving money out on a table.
If you are uncomfortable leaving it on the table, you could leave it in the Folio that they bring your bill in. That's still at the table when you leave.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #252
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney's daughter View Post
My sister, granddaughter and her mother and I will be going to Disney during the free dining. We paid the $10 per day per person to get one table service per day. We figured $6 per person per table service for our tips....I paid my share of tips for my granddaughter's mother and for me to my sister...(she likes to use her American Express for everything)...I figured I was all set....Smooth sailing...Wouldn't have to carry much money around...when it dawned on me...I forgot about paying tips for the baby...She is able to share our meals as she is only two...but, she will still be using extra plates and just plain being another person at the table....How much should I tip per table service for her?

See...One can never plan too much...I have been going to Disney World for years....but, this will be my first time taking a baby..Should be interesting!
Tip as much as you want.

The only caveat would be if you're a party of 6 or more, then you'll have an auto gratuity of 18% added to your bill. Her part will be 18% of the food cost of whatever meal you order for her.

Have a great trip!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #253
nejjie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
If you are uncomfortable leaving it on the table, you could leave it in the Folio that they bring your bill in. That's still at the table when you leave.
Thank you!
nejjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #254
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejjie View Post
leaving money on the table is fine for places like Denny's, family restaurants, where you pay your bill at the register.

wheny you pay your server, at a finer restaurant, they usually give you a billfold, booklet, whatever. you should include your tip inside that. (this way ,no one else can just grab it)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #255
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyx3 View Post
Does anyone know where I could find any info/guidelines on tipping housekeeping, valet, assistance with luggage, etc? There will be 5 of us in one room at GF and I don't want to short change anyone. Thanks for your help.
You may wish to pose this question on the Resorts board. It is off topic for the restaurant boards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: