Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
ekidwell0001
Always thinking about DISNEY!

Talking Just back from the World about 2 hours ago!

If you have any questions at all, please feel free! We stayed at POP from last sunday (9/27) until this afternoon! Crowds were moderate, some days very light depending on the park, weather was amazing, only had rain last sunday! The MNSSHP was awesome as always! We got TONS of awesome treats and met many villians... Work is well underway on Space Mountain... I have a few pic's from what i could get off the TTA... We ate at 1900 park fare, crystal palace, kona cafe, sci fi, 50's prime time, akershus, and le cellier. Feel free to ask anything if you'd like!!

I was disappointed at two things though, on the backlot tour at DHS, it is now a recording... Previous years it has always been a CM at the front telling you about the different pieces from the movies. now it is a recording (said her name was deborah) it just didnt feel the same... Also, as another PP said, we did not hear the "now paging mr. morrow, mr. Tom Morrow, your party from saturn has arrived, please give them a ring" on Wed Way People Mover (TTA) and i was also bummed about that too! but everything else was wonderful!

Me (Liz) DH (Dustin)

Engaged at WDW Sept. 14th 2010!!
Married 3-24-12!
Old 10-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

Don't you just love Pop Century??? Were you able to find any Pop Century logo merchandise while you were there?

We're eating at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, and 50's Prime Time in May! How did you like those places? I'm still not too sure about 50's PT.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
ekidwell0001
Always thinking about DISNEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDork712 View Post
Don't you just love Pop Century??? Were you able to find any Pop Century logo merchandise while you were there?

We're eating at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, and 50's Prime Time in May! How did you like those places? I'm still not too sure about 50's PT.
We do love POP! and i love your siggy! We actually bought the shirts a couple days ago in front of epcot with that saying!! and i cannot recall finding anything that specifically said pop century on it, then again i could stand corrected, because i didnt specifically look for it... but as far as magnets, key chains, pens etc, i didnt see anything...

We love ALL of them!! To me, 1900 park fare's food was so/so, there were just not that many choices to my liking, but i love crystal palace, we eat dinner there every year and it is very yummy. they have tons of different selections, and their dessert bar is always stocked full! And about 50's Prime Time, i see a lot of people on here anxious about trying this place... GO! It is also one of our very favorites... the pot roast and pb and j shakes are to die for! just dont put your elbows on the table!! But seriously, this is another awesome must do, it's yummy and quite an experience!

Me (Liz) DH (Dustin)

Engaged at WDW Sept. 14th 2010!!
Married 3-24-12!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

Thank you very much!

I actually made the monorail bracelet in my siggy! And I have that shirt, too! We found it at an outlet store on our last day!

I really hope they still have the POP spinner pin when we go. I keep kicking myself for not getting it back in February!

Which section did you stay in? We've stayed in 60's and in the 80's twice. We are going for the 50's this time - hopefully in the Jukebox building!

Thank you for the dining info! We're mainly eating at 1900 Park Fare for the stepsisters! lol I watched a video on YouTube that is hilarious! And that video alone made me decide on that restaurant very quickly! The menu looks good enough for our group; I really want to try the strawberry soup!

And the pot roast is what I was looking at getting at 50's PTC! We mainly chose it for the atmosphere and the fun stories we've heard!

Crystal Palace's menu looks delicious! Sooo many choices, and everything sounds yummy! We'll be doing dinner there, too!

Thanks again so much for the help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: