Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
itscoldhere
Earning My Ears

Veterans Day

Is it more busy just on Veterans Day since alot of people have that day off, or is busy the whole week of Veterans Day? We are thinking of going 10-13.
itscoldhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscoldhere View Post
Is it more busy just on Veterans Day since alot of people have that day off, or is busy the whole week of Veterans Day? We are thinking of going 10-13.
Last year's calendar shows later hours and Fireworks the day before Vets Day as well as on Vets Day. So I'm pretty sure its busy the night before and on Vets Day. Not sure about the rest of the week. Also the holiday parade is supposed to be filmed on the 7th so there will be lots of extra people in the parks that weekend.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
arjay
Earning My Ears

last year vets day been on weekday, this year its on a wed, they going to keep it open late anyone know? or have fireworks?
arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
arjay
Earning My Ears

vets day on 11th of nov which is wed will be open from 8am to 11pm yay!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Royalpine
Earning My Ears

We'll be there at that time as well and I've done some research. The park hours are up at Disneyland's website and it's only open until 8 the night before but as seen above it's open longer hours on the 11th, they'll have the hours for the 12th up tomorrow. From what I hear Veterans Day is busier but I've heard from a few people that it's not too bad, especially this year it being on a Wednesday should keep the long distance travellers away (although we're Canadian). It is also a holiday here in Canada so there might be a few of us Canucks there (we were there last September and when small talking to people in line or at restaurants I'd say 2/3rds were Canadians, the people at the table next to us at Goofy's Kitchen lived about 4 blocks from us).
I'm hoping it's not too busy, which I don't think it will be. I do expect some crowds at DL but I've never been there when I've had to wait long in line, a few 1/2 hour lines but they seem to go fast.
Royalpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
radiatorsprings
Mouseketeer

I was in the parks last year November 11, 12, and 13. The 11th was busy but the other two days were slow. I was in DTD on the 10th (monday) and it seemed busy that day too. I went to Rainforest and the wait was like an hour or more.

But with Veteran's Day being on a Wednesday this year, I don't know because I'm not sure which days people have off work/school if it's in the middle of the week.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpine View Post
We'll be there at that time as well and I've done some research. The park hours are up at Disneyland's website and it's only open until 8 the night before but as seen above it's open longer hours on the 11th, they'll have the hours for the 12th up tomorrow.
So do they post one more day's hours each day on DL's website? I could never figure out any method to it.

We will be there on Veteran's day too. I don't really have any idea what to expect. I am hoping that they will have fireworks and maybe fantasmic since we will only have one weekend night, but I'm not counting on it.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
Royalpine
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
So do they post one more day's hours each day on DL's website? I could never figure out any method to it.
I've been checking for the last week and that's what they seem to be doing, everyday they add one day to their calendar. They have the 12th up now and it's open 10-8pm. I was looking at last year's hours and the 10th had extended hours as well but that's probably because it was a Monday so they probably expected people to take the extra long weekend, this year it doesn't look like they expect as many people. I guess that's good as there should be less crowds but the hours aren't as long.
Royalpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
arjay
Earning My Ears

they are showing fantasmic on the 11th nov, that mean fireworks be shown?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay View Post
they are showing fantasmic on the 11th nov, that mean fireworks be shown?
The DL website does not have that the castle fireworks show will be showing Veterans Day. Here is the link: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...e&parkDTD=true

The fireworks show is listed seperately from fantasmic. The halloween fireworks are over by then and the Christmas ones don't start until friday.

Last edited by laura&fam; 10-04-2009 at 08:32 PM. Reason: clarification
laura&fam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: