Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 04:35 AM   #1
mommy*RN
Does Imodium work for verbal diarrhea?
Ok - I'm 30 and never had a cheesehead...
why are you leaving us in the midst of all this excitement?

My Disney Perfectly Princess Tea Party Questions...

Okay, so I'm thinking about booking my DD4 for this tea party/lunch. My question is the day we would be able to go my DH is taking DS7 to Universal...so I'll have DD4 and DS1. Do I have to pay for DS1 to be at the party even though he really won't participate? I know they serve lunch so I wasn't sure. I did call and posed this question to a CM a few days ago, but she didn't seem to know the correct answer. First she told me no...I wouldn't have to pay for him...then she kinda said that I would have to pay for his meal. When I asked her how much it would be she didn't know...or offer to find out. It left me frustrated that I thought I would turn here before calling back. To be honest if I don't have to pay for a meal for him I really don't want to. He will only be 20 months old when we go and doesn't eat very much (picky). The menu there seems like stuff he wouldn't/can't eat. From allears it looks like an assortment of sandwiches (egg salad which he won't eat, chicken salad with nuts which he can't eat, tuna salad which he won't eat or PB&J which he can't eat again because of the nuts). He doesn't have a nut allergy that we know of, but my pediatrician recommends not giving any tree or peanuts until the kids are 2yrs old...and I agree.

Anyone else encounter a situation like this?? Thanks!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
Binnie
Mouseketeer

DD3 and I will be doing the tea this November, so I don't know for sure, but because kids under 3 don't have the get paid for, I wouldn't think you would have to pay for him at the tea, either.

That said, it is an "even" rather than a meal, so that logic may go out the window. I would try calling again. You'll probably get someone more helpful. (My ratio of helpful to unhelpful is about 1:2).

Good luck!
Binnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
VLee
DIS Veteran

My sister wants to do this with her two GDs in May. What is the current price for little girls and the adult participants. Or can you give me the phone number to check? I did this about 5 years ago with my GD and daughter and we paid for the extra adult, but do not know the current prices and dates?
Thanks.
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
bama-mom
640 miles from the Mouse

I think he will still have to pay, as one of the other posters said, it is an event, not a meal. Don't go hungry either, it is not very much food because it is a "tea", not a real meal. Just a couple of 1/2 sandwiches, cheeses, fruit, and a slice of REALLY good cake! I took DD when she was 3 and she still talks about it, it was so much fun. There was so much going on that I don't think my dd ate much more than a few bites of food. You are paying for the experience!
bama-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
PrincessP
Mouseketeer

Just attended this 4 days ago...

I do not know the answer to your question regarding payment for the 20 month old coming along. Sorry.

To describe the "lunch"....it is more of a tea....not a meal. My daughter's food consisted of:

3 small (about 1.5 inches tall) heart-shaped pb and J sandwiches (we have food allergies as well so they just put jelly on hers - I told them about the food allergy when I booked the tea), 2 triangular turkey and cheese sandwiches (about 2 inch triangles in thickness and in length), grapes, 2 - 3 strawberries, and a piece of cake at the end.

Food served to the grown ups: 6 finger sandwiches (chicken salad and egg salad), 2 slices of hard cheese, tons of grapes and a few raspberries and blueberries, with a large slice of cake at the end. So the price is so much more about the experience than the meal.

If they do charge full price for the 20 month old....I definitely would not book the event.

On a side note:

I would HIGHLY recommend doing this when it can just be YOU and your DAUGHTER only. Perhaps another day when you have a "no park day" / "rest day" so DH can watch the two boys. This is such a lovely, (and expensive - about $250 plus tax, etc.) event. And as others stated, it is an "event" - very princess-y and focused on your little princess. For YOUR enjoyment (and your daughter's) , I'd do it on a day you can go w/only her...so you can listen to all the stories, songs, take pictures, etc. and truly savor the moments.

The day we went, my DH took my 6 y.o. son to Fatasia Gardens mini golf. They played two rounds and then had lunch together in the time it took for my daughter and I to enjoy the tea party. Then we all met back together for swimming, etc. This was one of the family's favorite days! If your DH and oldest did something like the mini golf, your 20 month old could enjoy some time with them.

1977, 1982, 1989, 1992, OKW June 2002
Poly Sept 2009 - 1st trip for and with our own children!
Poly Sept 2010 - had so much fun we had to go again!
Poly Sept 2012 - another magical vacation
PrincessP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
PrincessP
Mouseketeer

link to the party info

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...ess-tea-party/

1977, 1982, 1989, 1992, OKW June 2002
Poly Sept 2009 - 1st trip for and with our own children!
Poly Sept 2010 - had so much fun we had to go again!
Poly Sept 2012 - another magical vacation
PrincessP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
itchin2go
DIS Veteran

Here's more info:

http://allears.net/din/girlstea.htm

I second what the PP said about waiting until it can be just you and your daughter. We went several years ago, and I don't recall any infants or non-involved siblings being there. The information from the Disney website says it's for girls aged 3-11. They may discourage or even not allow younger kids to be there. Maybe the $165 price tag is enough to discourage people from bringing non-participating kids. At any rate, it's a very mommy-daughter event. It's completely orchestrated by the characters - not like a typical character meal. There isn't any "free time" really, so I can see where a non-participating youngster *could* interfere with the flow of things.

I also would not call it "lunch". I've been to teas that had WAY more food. It's maybe 2 finger sandwiches and some fruit for the kids, and then cheese and such for mommies....

BTW - we loved the tea party! It was special event. Just don't count on a full meal or a laid-back character meal atmosphere.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
mommy*RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLee View Post
My sister wants to do this with her two GDs in May. What is the current price for little girls and the adult participants. Or can you give me the phone number to check? I did this about 5 years ago with my GD and daughter and we paid for the extra adult, but do not know the current prices and dates?
Thanks.
I was told the total cost for one adult and one child was $264.28. That includes tax and gratuity. You can call 407-WDW-DINE, which is the number I called for info.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #9
mommy*RN

Thanks for all the info/advice. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately there aren't any non-park days that DH is around for. I am going to call again and see what they say. Another idea I had was to hire and in-room babysitter from Fairy Godmother's or something...I'm defintely going to have to do some research. I really want to go this trip as it will be our last trip for awhile.

Thank you everyone for your information...I'm so glad I can come here and get such helpful responses!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: