DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #16
jcf
DIS Veteran

Blt

While I have 1000 points - all 50-70 point contracts that I will be selling in June 2010. I think by then BLT $125 or more. I think I will be able to get at least $100 even with no points left until 2012. I paid an avg of $90pt.

I will likely retain at least 250 but want to try new destinations as my son gets older + with 2000 points spent on trips 2009-2010 he'll be ready for a change
jcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #17
baj0505
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@dvcstore View Post
At The Timeshare Store, Inc.® we try and sell the properties at prices which seem fair to buyer and seller. We also try and sell the properties at a price where Disney is NOT going to exercise ROFR. For example, right now we are selling Saratoga Springs typically for between $67 and $72 per point and Disney is not buying those contracts back. If Disney were to start buying them back at $67, $68 and $69 per point then we would need to advise sellers to list at higher prices.

Jason
Can you elaborate on why you would advise sellers to list at higher prices if Disney started buying contracts back at a certain price? Is there some tangible difference to the seller when Disney buys a contract thru ROFR versus a private buyer purchasing the contract? Are you basing this on the belief that if Disney is buying back at a certain price they know more about the supply/demand of the timeshare market and the contract was undervalued?
baj0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #18
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Can you elaborate on why you would advise sellers to list at higher prices if Disney started buying contracts back at a certain price?

the seller makes a little more money. the individual buyer gets the contract. is that not a good thing for everybody?

Is there some tangible difference to the seller when Disney buys a contract thru ROFR versus a private buyer purchasing the contract?

there is no tangible difference to the seller. they get the deal they agreed on. there is an intangible aggravation that the seller could have made a couple of extra bucks had the contract been priced to avoid ROFR.

presumably some/most buyers would prefer to actually get the contract in order to start booking reservations...and might avoid working with a broker that doesn't care whether they wind up with the contract or disney does.

sure, some buyers don't mind waiting till another suitable contract comes along with the correct resort/use year/number of pts...after having already waited a month or so only to get ROFRed...in order to wait another month or so to see if the next contract gets ROFRed...in order to save a couple of hundred bucks. if a buyer has the time to see if lowball offers will work, i suspect most brokers will pass the offer along...but disney is still in a position to take most of the fire sale prices that come along (and they have the marketing machinery in place to resell the points at higher prices).

but i'd think most buyers would pay a few bucks a pt extra to avoid having to start all over (or else go to DVC directly for a much higher price.)

how do you see this differently?

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #19
Jason@dvcstore
I support "addonitis"

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by baj0505 View Post
Can you elaborate on why you would advise sellers to list at higher prices if Disney started buying contracts back at a certain price? Is there some tangible difference to the seller when Disney buys a contract thru ROFR versus a private buyer purchasing the contract? Are you basing this on the belief that if Disney is buying back at a certain price they know more about the supply/demand of the timeshare market and the contract was undervalued?
Be advised that I do not subscribe to my threads but someone mentioned I should check out this thread again.

At The Timeshare Store, Inc.® we actually like it best when buyer and seller come to an agreement and the buyer gets the property (not Disney). If we were to sell 25 contracts in a row for Saratoga Springs at $60 per point (and the sellers based on information we told them listed them all at $60 per point) and Disney bought them all back I think we are doing a disservice to buyer and seller based on the information we have available.

If a seller agrees to a price and Disney buys it back they receive the exact same funds as if the buyer was buying the property. It means no difference to the seller, however, the buyer, of course, will have to decide if they want to purchase another property.

I am not saying that Disney knows more about the supply/demand of the resale market but I will use this example. Currently we are selling Saratoga Springs contracts typically between $67 and $75 per point. Those contracts are for the most part making it through ROFR. If Disney were to suddenly buy all those contracts back and The Timeshare Store, Inc.® didn't start advising sellers to raise their price or advised buyers as to the most recent buybacks when a buyer is making an offer in the buyback range than I think we are not doing our job as a transaction broker.

Most of our buyers that purchase I believe are trying to get the property. Some might be going through getting financing or making future plans and they don't like to hear 30 days later Disney is buying the property back.

I hope that makes sense.

Feel free to always PM me if you want me to reply to a thread as well.
Jason
Jason@dvcstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #20
DizGirl20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
On the buy side of the equation, I think Disney offering all the discounts of late (buy 4 get 3 and extended free dining) is dampening DVC demand on the resale side.
I absolutely agree with you b/c I am one of those potential buyers! We are considering buying resale yet we got the 4/3 deal for our Jan 09 trip; going again May 2010 with a 40% pin code we rec'd. Makes DVC less enticing at the moment...although I know in the long run DVC will be worth it, if and when we decide to buy.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #21
Jason@dvcstore
I support "addonitis"

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
On the buy side of the equation, I think Disney offering all the discounts of late (buy 4 get 3 and extended free dining) is dampening DVC demand on the resale side.
I don't think those discounts are dampering the demand The Timeshare Store, Inc.® is seeing. Those discounts in my opinion are helping us as more and more consumers are becoming more savvy. More people that are deciding to buy DVC even with the discounts are doing more research and finding companies such as The Timeshare Store, Inc.® can help them save some money.

I personally think the demand that Disney has for points for Beach Club, Boardwalk, etc. are way down as people not know they can purchase those resale for typically a lot less than buying those from Disney.

Jason
Jason@dvcstore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: