Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #631
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.
 
milliepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 3 hours to the Mouse
Posts: 6,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
I have a question after you print your magnets how hard is it to cut the design after it prints and dries. I am so afraid I am going to mess up when I cut them out.
Not sure, I haven't done mine yet. Anybody else know?






__________________
*~4 Shared=Name Fills Only~* ~*Password all Photobucket links=DISfriends~*

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS
milliepie is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #632
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL - an hourish from the mouse!
Posts: 7,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
I have a question after you print your magnets how hard is it to cut the design after it prints and dries. I am so afraid I am going to mess up when I cut them out.
I don't cut the design in super detail, I just do a rounded edging around it so that I won't have any mishaps/ripping. I figure the door is white so thebackground will blend in
TifffanyD is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #633
suzyqn
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 551

Looking for Stitch pictures

You all are amazing on here!

You helped me so much with my daughter's Ariel invitation so I am back looking for more help.

Does anyone have any pictures of Stitch? I am specifically looking for just Stitch - not Lilo and no Elvis Stitch.

I am trying to have one of those edible cake toppers made for a little family party we are having for my dd and for some reason the kid loves Stitch. She has never seen the movie - just likes that weird little guy.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks! Suzy
__________________
Suzy

suzyqn is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #634
Fivepin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Treasure Island, FL
Posts: 1,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
I have a question after you print your magnets how hard is it to cut the design after it prints and dries. I am so afraid I am going to mess up when I cut them out.
What are you printing yours out on? I'm using magnet paper. I have these awesome Fiskars scissors that I use. It's a supersized soft grip handles with a micro tip blade. It's very sharp and with it being a micro tip, I can be very precise. I did cut out each individual letter, but it take quite a long time. I may just cut around the letter some for the rest. I have a had no problems cutting the design though. I just wait for the the ink to dry completely. Hope that helps. BTW, my kids like the individual letters so that they can rearrange their letters a different way each time. Hope that helps.
__________________
Judy DH DS(14) DS(12) DS(9)



Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #635
Dream426
Love Disney!!
 
Dream426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliepie View Post
Not sure, I haven't done mine yet. Anybody else know?






Thank you so much Millie. They came out great.
__________________
Disney World April 1998, Disney World/ Disney Cruise August 1999, Disney World April 2000, Disney World July 2006- Engaged, Disney Honeymoon- July 2008, Disney World/ Disney Cruise- August 2010

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #636
Dream426
Love Disney!!
 
Dream426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
I don't cut the design in super detail, I just do a rounded edging around it so that I won't have any mishaps/ripping. I figure the door is white so thebackground will blend in
That is what I was thinking also but I wasn't sure how it would look.
__________________
Disney World April 1998, Disney World/ Disney Cruise August 1999, Disney World April 2000, Disney World July 2006- Engaged, Disney Honeymoon- July 2008, Disney World/ Disney Cruise- August 2010

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #637
Dream426
Love Disney!!
 
Dream426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin View Post
What are you printing yours out on? I'm using magnet paper. I have these awesome Fiskars scissors that I use. It's a supersized soft grip handles with a micro tip blade. It's very sharp and with it being a micro tip, I can be very precise. I did cut out each individual letter, but it take quite a long time. I may just cut around the letter some for the rest. I have a had no problems cutting the design though. I just wait for the the ink to dry completely. Hope that helps. BTW, my kids like the individual letters so that they can rearrange their letters a different way each time. Hope that helps.
I am going to print them on magnet paper. I will def. look into the fiskars scissors and see how I do with those. Thanks so much.
__________________
Disney World April 1998, Disney World/ Disney Cruise August 1999, Disney World April 2000, Disney World July 2006- Engaged, Disney Honeymoon- July 2008, Disney World/ Disney Cruise- August 2010

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #638
jordak
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NEBRASKA
Posts: 4,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMickeys View Post
Hiya ******,

I was wondering if we could get this for our upcoming trip. I think I have all the info you need:

1st Disney Cruise
Parker Family
Disney Wonder
November 5-8, 2009

on the to do list, could you make #2 lots and lots of mickey bars? And could #3 be MORE mickey bars?

(we like our mickey bars lol)

Also, if it is not too much trouble, where the flower is on this example in the upper left, could you instead put Cabin 6069? And maybe in an open space on one of the pages write "See Nassau" and circle it?

Sorry to be such a pain.
Thanks for all you do for everyone here.
Not a problem. I like your additions.

[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/******67/disney%20magnets/Fixed%20plates/parkerfamily.jpg[/IMG]
jordak is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #639
HiddenMickeys
Not all treaure is silver and gold. Some is CHOCOLATE! With EARS! "On a steek!"
 
HiddenMickeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 624

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Not a problem. I like your additions.

[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/******67/disney%20magnets/Fixed%20plates/parkerfamily.jpg[/IMG]
Thank you sooooooooooooo much, looks fantastic!
__________________
Check out our 3-day Wonder Trip Report!
Need another cruise so I can add a new countdown!
HiddenMickeys is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #640
Baseball-Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Baseball-Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 53

We will be going on our 6th Disney Cruise November 21 and this will be the first time we are decorating our door.
.
It is the name badge that says Where Dreams Come True along the bottom.
The names are MARY FRANCO ROSS LAYNE
I didn't know how to tell you which decorations we wanted so I pasted the link you have on your photobucket
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s...rent=Name4.jpg

thanks
mary
Baseball-Mom is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #641
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.
 
milliepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 3 hours to the Mouse
Posts: 6,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball-Mom View Post
We will be going on our 6th Disney Cruise November 21 and this will be the first time we are decorating our door.
.
It is the name badge that says Where Dreams Come True along the bottom.
The names are MARY FRANCO ROSS LAYNE
I didn't know how to tell you which decorations we wanted so I pasted the link you have on your photobucket
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s...rent=Name4.jpg

thanks
mary
Hi Mary! TJ is on vacation right now and is not personalizing until after they get back. Tom made those tags and has his own thread. If you post your request there, he can get that done for you.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936740
__________________
*~4 Shared=Name Fills Only~* ~*Password all Photobucket links=DISfriends~*

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS
milliepie is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #642
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse
 
kindra657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Elyria, OH (1066 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 639

wanted to share some pics of the t-shirts I made. I got the graphic from MilliePie and added a lil something on the top and bottom. The idea came from one of her graphics too!!

These are the backs of the shirts:








This is the front:
__________________
Proud DVC Members: AKV since 2007 & BLT since 2009
kindra657 is offline  
Old 10-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #643
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.
 
milliepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 3 hours to the Mouse
Posts: 6,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqn View Post
You all are amazing on here!

You helped me so much with my daughter's Ariel invitation so I am back looking for more help.

Does anyone have any pictures of Stitch? I am specifically looking for just Stitch - not Lilo and no Elvis Stitch.

I am trying to have one of those edible cake toppers made for a little family party we are having for my dd and for some reason the kid loves Stitch. She has never seen the movie - just likes that weird little guy.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks! Suzy
Here are a few.

http://disney-clipart.com/Lilo-Stitc...Pails-Sand.php


http://animatingthecyborg.files.word...y_channel1.jpg

http://en.blog.disneyland15.com/wp-c.../stitch_02.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/d...Aww_Stitch.jpg
__________________
*~4 Shared=Name Fills Only~* ~*Password all Photobucket links=DISfriends~*

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS
milliepie is offline  
Old 10-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #644
TraciM
DIS Veteran
 
TraciM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Moyock, NC
Posts: 777

I am sure this has been asked already so forgive me in advance. Does the magnetic paper work better than printing and laminating regular paper? And which brand is the best? Does it have to be laminated or will glossy work? Thanks!
__________________
Disney Wonder September 28-October 2 2008
Disney Magic WC January 23-30 2010
Traci ( Me 38), Jesse (DH 38), Jessica (DD 14), Thomas (DS 11)
TraciM is offline  
Old 10-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #645
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.
 
milliepie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 3 hours to the Mouse
Posts: 6,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliepie View Post
Hi Mary! TJ is on vacation right now and is not personalizing until after they get back. Tom made those tags and has his own thread. If you post your request there, he can get that done for you.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936740
I went ahead and did these for you just in case you were in a time crunch.







__________________
*~4 Shared=Name Fills Only~* ~*Password all Photobucket links=DISfriends~*

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS
milliepie is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCL Picture of the Day - Part 3 lbgraves Disney Cruise Line Forum 3752 02-06-2011 05:35 PM
7/30/2011 Mickeys FIRST 7 Night Med cruise Andrew DEREK UK Disney Cruise Meets 147 01-11-2011 11:22 AM
09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 4! WDWLVR Disney Cruise Meets 3236 10-24-2010 11:14 PM
Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 6 newtodis Community Board 3748 10-08-2009 07:09 AM
7/18/2010 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo!! Part 4 jilljill Disney Cruise Meets 3746 10-07-2009 07:36 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: