Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #121
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,145

Oh gosh Mary Ellen, I think Shocker's on google images.....

I have never seen a 10 minute stand-by for Soarin nor have we ever ridden stand-by. I've always wondered what was going on, on the other side of the wall....
__________________

wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #122
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,652

Turf toe is new to me too! We've been dealing with cleat to the knee.....

Glad he got it treated!

walk on Soarin'?

Wow!
__________________
eandesmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #123
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Despite having a family of soccer players, I have never had to deal with turf toe -- all of our fields around here are grass. Sorry to hear about your evening -- that horrible cough is making its rounds around our school -- I feel like I should be wearing a HazMat suit in my classroom because there are so many germs swirling around me all day long. Yick!

I can't believe how quiet Epcot was for you! I guess that is the difference between going in the middle of September and going on the second weekend of Food and Wine. Stormchasers does sound really fun -- we never made it to it this trip, but I am putting it back on the list for next summer.
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #124
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
You got me wondering about the double booking too.

But when Disney makes a mistake they try to make up for it big time so I'm hoping it all turns out to be in your best interest.
The double booking mistake was actually mine, not there's. Promise to tell you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Turf Toe is a new one to me. But then my kids are dancers and hockey players. No turf for them. I'm very familiar with coldbutitis. I get it often myself from sitting at the ice rinks.

Never heard of storm chasers. It sounds cute.
Coldbutitis - Love that! I've had an occasional bout of that myself sitting on the cold, hard bleachers in November.

Strom chasers is in innoventions. It was pretty cute. I also recommend that fire safety game. That was a lot of fun. We did it in June. These are definately lesser attractions, but I've done everything else so its fun to try new things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh gosh Mary Ellen, I think Shocker's on google images.....

I have never seen a 10 minute stand-by for Soarin nor have we ever ridden stand-by. I've always wondered what was going on, on the other side of the wall....
I hope shocker can find something to make me laugh, because I was practically banging my head against the wall yesterday when the pharm tech told me it could be a 30 - 40 min wait. So Brian and I went next door to a pizza shop and ordered dinner. Brian said, "Mom, instead of complaining you should look at this as a chance for some quality bonding time". I shut right up. Bad mom!

The 10 min wait was unbelievable. I think it was only 15 or 20 mins when we came back out. It really was an amazingly uncrowded day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Turf toe is new to me too! We've been dealing with cleat to the knee.....

Glad he got it treated!

walk on Soarin'?

Wow!
He has to take Cleocin four times a day!!!!!!! I'll be texting him every 6 hours - TAKE YOUR MED! If all goes well he should be able to play in his next game on Tuesday! If not, they gave me a name of a foot doctor to remove his toe nail. I seriously don't think it will go that far!

Yes....walk on Soarin at 9:15am. Very cool indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Despite having a family of soccer players, I have never had to deal with turf toe -- all of our fields around here are grass. Sorry to hear about your evening -- that horrible cough is making its rounds around our school -- I feel like I should be wearing a HazMat suit in my classroom because there are so many germs swirling around me all day long. Yick!

I can't believe how quiet Epcot was for you! I guess that is the difference between going in the middle of September and going on the second weekend of Food and Wine. Stormchasers does sound really fun -- we never made it to it this trip, but I am putting it back on the list for next summer.
More and more of the high schools have turf fields now, so most of their games are on turf. I have definately seen the incidence of this increase with the turf fields. Not to mention all the tiny black pellets that end up in your car, on your floor, and in the wash.

HazMat suit - - I was thinking about that - How can teachers and people in doctor's offices stand all these germs. Yuch!!!!!!!!

I definately think the third week od September is a great time to go on the basis of crwd levels. But I really want to hit food and wine next year!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #125
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,040

Today is going to be another crazy day, but I am still optimistic for an update. In the meantime, I am going to post this picture to show you that I really DO know how to smile..........




p.s. when I wrote in last night's post that we parked in the handicapped lot, I meant to say we parked in the AAA lot. I went back and changed that! oops!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #126
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
More and more of the high schools have turf fields now, so most of their games are on turf. I have definately seen the incidence of this increase with the turf fields. Not to mention all the tiny black pellets that end up in your car, on your floor, and in the wash.
My nephew is in the 8th grade this year, so I guess we can look forward to that next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
HazMat suit - - I was thinking about that - How can teachers and people in doctor's offices stand all these germs. Yuch!!!!!!!!
I can't begin to tell you how much Lysol and hand gel I have been going through lately. All the nastiness is hitting our school early this year -- one day this week I had five people out of my second period class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I definately think the third week od September is a great time to go on the basis of crwd levels. But I really want to hit food and wine next year!
Food and Wine was worth dealing with the crowds. I want to go back next year, too, if finances allow it.

That's a great picture of you and Denny with Goofy!
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #127
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran
 
dawnbu40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 5,390

I love Cape May's breakfast! What a cute picture and it looks almost empty in there!
dawnbu40 is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #129
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Loved all of your updates MEK!! I just love the theming at POP it is such a fun resort!! Thank you for sharing your pics I'm really looking forward to staying there in January...if that's where we stay You never know LOL!!!

10 minute standby for Soarin...that is amazing!!! I'm glad you rode on it!!!! I have never seen that line that short!!! Really enjoyed your balloon pictures it is pretty in the Land Pavillion!!!

P and I did Stormchasers and it was a lot of fun!!! YAY!!! We enjoyed it!!!

I'm sorry you are having a rough week, I wish you a much better week next week! I'm glad DS is getting treated and hopefully will be 100% before you know it!! I have to agree with CP there is something awful going around. I think I picked it up at Disney and had a couple of days where the cold was hurting me but didn't defeat me!! So stay healthy!!!!!! I'm with Jackie though I need to find me a Hazmat suit LOL!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #130
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Thank you for sharing your pics I'm really looking forward to staying there in January...if that's where we stay You never know LOL!!!
Muhahahaha! I saw that!
Lady Lallie is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #131
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Muhahahaha! I saw that!
LOL...with us the possibilities are endless LOL!!!! That's part of the planning fun LOL
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #132
faerieprincess
on the threshold of revelation
 
faerieprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 759

Yay, it is wonderful to see you smiling! Great mini updates and looking forward to more!
__________________
sare



How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways! (Completed February 2009 TR)
A foolish promise finally kept - the PTR (Completed February 2009 PTR)
faerieprincess is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #133
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,145

YOU my friend need to smile more often! So pretty!
Shocker did find some turf toe pictures to post but decided that I would get mad at him because they were just too gross.....
I just hope that toe at home doesn't look anything like them!
__________________

wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #134
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
My nephew is in the 8th grade this year, so I guess we can look forward to that next year.

Maybe. I wonder if turf fields are a regional thing. Meaning, maybe in Georgia you get warmer weather so the grass fields are easier to maintain. Yet, on the other hand, you get warmer weather so the fields dry out faster. uhmmmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

I can't begin to tell you how much Lysol and hand gel I have been going through lately. All the nastiness is hitting our school early this year -- one day this week I had five people out of my second period class.

I heard the nastiness is everywhere, already!!!!! There was some serious nastiness in the medical aide unit last night and I'm not talking turf toe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

Food and Wine was worth dealing with the crowds. I want to go back next year, too, if finances allow it.
Oh.....I sooooooo want to go next year. I am totally planning on it. I am 95% sure its a 'go'. I'm hittin' it solo since Denny thinks he will need a break from WDW after the May trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
That's a great picture of you and Denny with Goofy!
Thanks! I think Denny was tickling me so I would laugh!


Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I love Cape May's breakfast! What a cute picture and it looks almost empty in there!
It was empty in there. We had the last ADR time 1055 and only a few more people were seated after us. I recommend it as a good time to go. Lots and lots of character interaction. I love a late breakfast every once in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
That is a really cute picture of you at Cape May!

I really wish I could be riding Soarin' this morning.
Thanks LL. The Denny tickle works every time! Ditto on riding Soarin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Loved all of your updates MEK!! I just love the theming at POP it is such a fun resort!! Thank you for sharing your pics I'm really looking forward to staying there in January...if that's where we stay You never know LOL!!!
Thanks Jen! We really enjoyed POP, too. Plus September and January are great months to stay there because it doesn't feel as crowded. I am curious as to where you guys end up. I KNOW you will get a killer AP rate somewhere. I am predicting POFQ as your final destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
10 minute standby for Soarin...that is amazing!!! I'm glad you rode on it!!!! I have never seen that line that short!!! Really enjoyed your balloon pictures it is pretty in the Land Pavillion!!!
Shortest line I have EVER seen for Soarin. Glad you liked the balloons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
P and I did Stormchasers and it was a lot of fun!!! YAY!!! We enjoyed it!!!
You probably knew all the stuff already, being a science teacher and all! Next year - food and wine - we break up into teams and do the fire safety thing. Losers buy the winners grey goose slushies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm sorry you are having a rough week, I wish you a much better week next week! I'm glad DS is getting treated and hopefully will be 100% before you know it!! I have to agree with CP there is something awful going around. I think I picked it up at Disney and had a couple of days where the cold was hurting me but didn't defeat me!! So stay healthy!!!!!! I'm with Jackie though I need to find me a Hazmat suit LOL!!

to the Hazmat suit! Thanks for the good wishes for a better week. I'm not sure why this week why so rough. But it just felt so ridicuously rushed and I felt like I just couldn't get ahead. And when I finally saw an end in sight.......the dreaded TURF TOE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Muhahahaha! I saw that!
I totally predict a split stay .... POP and POFQ. Sounds perfect to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
LOL...with us the possibilities are endless LOL!!!! That's part of the planning fun LOL
I predict we will not know the outcome of this until AP rates are finally released. I hope you are both following the codes/rates thread for Jan AP rates. I followed that for June and found it really helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerieprincess View Post
Yay, it is wonderful to see you smiling! Great mini updates and looking forward to more!
Thanks! I do look a lot less grouchy when I smile, don't I????? I would say there is a good possibility I will get more done today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
YOU my friend need to smile more often! So pretty!
Thanks Anita. I really am trying to make a conscious effort to smile more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Shocker did find some turf toe pictures to post but decided that I would get mad at him because they were just too gross.....
I just hope that toe at home doesn't look anything like them!
OK, now I'm curious. I know the whole toe nail can end up coming off. Trust me, Brian's toe is probably not anywhere near as bad as the pictures shocker found.

Probably best that he not post anything too gross. I don't want to scare any of my readers away. As an alternate, I think I would be happy to settle for a picture of CP in that Hazmat suit.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 10-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #135
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Brian said, "Mom, instead of complaining you should look at this as a chance for some quality bonding time". I shut right up. Bad mom!

He has to take Cleocin four times a day!!!!!!! I'll be texting him every 6 hours - TAKE YOUR MED! If all goes well he should be able to play in his next game on Tuesday! If not, they gave me a name of a foot doctor to remove his toe nail. I seriously don't think it will go that far!


More and more of the high schools have turf fields now, so most of their games are on turf. I have definately seen the incidence of this increase with the turf fields. Not to mention all the tiny black pellets that end up in your car, on your floor, and in the wash.
I despise those black pellets. Kendall plays, and practices, on turf more often than not now and bleh! The boys like to roll around on the turf and it's like STOP! It completely sticks to the warmups especially...think I need to make the boys wear jeans to turf games.

I think all our HS and MS have at least one turf field , they just redid the field at Evans Elementary school and it has turf cut outs. Wild.

WTG Brian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Today is going to be another crazy day, but I am still optimistic for an update. In the meantime, I am going to post this picture to show you that I really DO know how to smile..........


You need to do that more often! Great picture!!!!!!!
__________________
eandesmom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wasting away again in Loserville-(all welcome to grab an adult beverage and come in) LaraK Community Board 3568 11-20-2009 10:24 AM
BLT or Kidani? Help me Choose leeann32 Disney Resorts 7 10-02-2009 05:44 PM
QS restaurants with the best variety for kids and adults too! Microcell Disney Restaurants 9 10-02-2009 03:44 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: