Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #106
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Love the mini update!! The pop pics look great!! What's this about double booking?!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #107
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

My goodness! Where have I been? I didn't know you started! How embarrassing especially after that nice shout-out in your opening. I have to go off to stupid work now but am looking forward to coming home tonight and catching up!!

It was so great to meet you and Denny! I'm so glad we were able to make it work! Already looking forward to next time... let's start planning F&W 2010!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #108
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Your feet look much happier!

Not that we saw a picture of you looking oh-so fabulous but....

Sleep is good. Especially with sore tootsies!

Double booking???????????

My feet felt fine again in the morning, but things quickly went downhill from there!

Yes....I will tell you the double booking story tonight! It's coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for a mini-update! Pop is always so fun-looking -- we have only ever stayed there once, but I loved their food court and all the little nods to the different decades!
Pop really is so fun looking! I remember the first time I saw it. I was staying at CBR and I kept seeing this strange lights off in the distance. I finally realized that they were the blowling pins of the 50's building. So I took a run over there and was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. I thought it was so animated.

I really wanted to take pictures of all the shadow boxes in the main lobby, but I never got back there to do it. I spent so much time photographing other resorts and I neglected Pop a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Love the mini update!! The pop pics look great!! What's this about double booking?!
Thanks! I will say that one area I really like at POP is the gift shop. I think the resort has one of the best gift shops and I love how it flows right into the food court. Smart.....very smart!

Double booking.....coming up tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
My goodness! Where have I been? I didn't know you started! How embarrassing especially after that nice shout-out in your opening. I have to go off to stupid work now but am looking forward to coming home tonight and catching up!!

It was so great to meet you and Denny! I'm so glad we were able to make it work! Already looking forward to next time... let's start planning F&W 2010!
Hey C - So glad you made it! It really was fun meeting you, too! I knew exactly who you were as soon as you walked in, which was so cool! Plus...I want everyone to know that as cute as you are in your pictures, you are even prettier in real life!!!!!

I am certain I would like to do a food and wine trip next year. I know I can't leave the home front for a long trip, but I KNOW I can manage a 4 or 5 night trip! Hopefully there will be free dining again, because I'd rather do that then stay on points. I'm saving my points for a 2011 soccer mom's trip.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #109
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I always think POP looks so cool and well themed. Our DME pulled in there last November on the way to AKV, and my DH was like "DUH...what's this???"
Good thing he didn't see it BEFORE we bought those DVC points!!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #110
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I always think POP looks so cool and well themed. Our DME pulled in there last November on the way to AKV, and my DH was like "DUH...what's this???"
Good thing he didn't see it BEFORE we bought those DVC points!!
Yikes! Now that's a scary thought! But seriously, that's what I really like about Disney. I love, love, love all the DVC digs (and one of these days I WILL stay at all of them), but I can quickly adapt to a value stay during the low season, especially if that's what my pocket book is calling for!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #111
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great mini-update! Loved it!

Looking forward to your update tonight...double booking, huh? The plot thickens....
Old 10-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #112
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

AAWWW!! I miss POP. We really liked it there. Loved seeing your pics.

I have never heard of the word "Double Booking" before. I'm scared.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 10-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #113
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Love Pop! Did you do the Hustle?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #114
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
LOL!! I just got this vision of Mary Ellen stand there rolling her arms and doing the one finger arm pump thing!!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #115
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Yay for the Pop pics we stayed there in august and would def stay again!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #116
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Double booking? Sounds illegal!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #117
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Great mini-update! Loved it!

Looking forward to your update tonight...double booking, huh? The plot thickens....
Thanks! I am so behind right now. I am going to do another short post until my son gets home, then I am going to sleep. Things got a little crazy tonight. I was really hoping to get to the double booking part, but that will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning fanatic mom View Post
AAWWW!! I miss POP. We really liked it there. Loved seeing your pics.

I have never heard of the word "Double Booking" before. I'm scared.
Pop is a pretty cool place. I regret not taking more pictures, but I did save a few more for later.

Ahhhhhh...not to worry......the double booking will make sense very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Thanks Mickey Mom - now I am going to have that song stuck in my head for the next 24 hours! No, I didn't actually "do" the Hustle, but I definately heard it played!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
LOL!! I just got this vision of Mary Ellen stand there rolling her arms and doing the one finger arm pump thing!!
do do, do do, do do do do do......
do do, do do, do do do do do
Do the Hustle.........

Thanks peeps. 11pm and I am ready to get up and do the hustle. Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibedancin824 View Post
Yay for the Pop pics we stayed there in august and would def stay again!
Welcome Nicole
I hope you had a great trip! I promise to head over and check out your trippie. I know what your say'in .....I could head right back to Pop tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Double booking? Sounds illegal!
I guess in WDW it is!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #118
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

You got me wondering about the double booking too.

But when Disney makes a mistake they try to make up for it big time so I'm hoping it all turns out to be in your best interest.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 10-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #119
MEK
DIS Veteran

Let's try this again......Epcot and Double Booking

I think I might change this installment to, "Delusions of Grandeur". What made me think I was going to get a post in tonight? I forgot I needed to review all my music for the confirmation at our church tomorrow. That took way too long. I got started late because I spent the dinner hour in the medical aide unit because of Brian's "turf toe". Oh I just cracked myself up when I thought about all the possible pictures Shocker could post to illustrate that.

Anyway - turf toe is exactly what it says - the great toe gets inflamed and irritated for stubbing into a turf field repeatedly. This doesn't happen as much on grass fields. Brian showed his toe to the athletic trainer who told him to get it checked pronto before the toe nail needed to be removed. So I took him to the medical aide unit. No need for toe nail removal now, but he did get started on antibiotics which required another 30 minutes waiting at the pharmacy.

The worst part .....there was this poor little girl (I'm guessing 6 or 7 yrs old) with the most horrendous cough sitting right near me. Not only did she sound like she was really sick, but that horrible cough got to be extremely annoying. Just when I thought we would never have to hear her again, guess who shows up in the same pharmacy with her presription. Yup. Little miss whooping cough.

So instead of sitting at the computer with a glass of wine, I sat in the doctor's office and the pharmacy. It was not exactly the way I envisioned my evening.

So back to the story........DH and I decided to drive to Epcot. Why? Because we could. Epcot is so close to Pop...love it. We parked in the AAA lot near the kennel club. We arrived at Epcot shortly after park opening and breezed through the bag check and the turnstiles. My plan was pretty loose today. I wanted to ride Soarin, see stormchasers, have late breakfast (1055ADR at Cape May Cafe) and chill in the world showcase. I felt like we spent a good amount of time in Epcot during our June trip and I think we got to do all of future world. I felt like I could easily skip TT and MS plus all the other attractions like Nemo,ect. The only thing I had an interest in doing was Ellen's energy adventure. But even that was a "take it or leave it" visit.

As we were walking over to Soarin it was easy to see how empty the park was. Sorry - no pics to prove it - you'll just have to trust me on this. We reached Soarin around 9:15 and it was pretty empty outside Sunshine Seasons. Normally this area would be busting with people, but not today. We got Soarin FP's and then checked out the standby line which said 10 mins. We, well really I, decided....what the heck?????? Let's go Standby. Can I just tell you that this was my first time riding soarin in the non -fp line. I have never ridden on this side. It was fun just going back through the queue. There were a lot of newbies on the ride, so it was fun listening to their conversations.

After Soarin I felt a little sad because there was no "Living with the Land" to ride. Remember, my batteries went dead on this ride in June. I was hoping for some pics. Instead, I needed to settle for a few balloon pictures....

Our FP return time was after 1030. We left to go find this little attraction:

On the way we took a few pics....

Storm Struck was cute and informative. It was very interactive like the fire safety game. You sit in a very small theatre and on the walls surrounding you is a house, garage, and trees. You watch a simulated storm wipe out a house and many of the items surrounding it. Then the show asked the audience how they would construct certain portions of the property to keep it from getting destroyed. Our audience did well. We answered 9 of 10 questions completely. Once our changes were implemented we saw how our new house and garage would hold up in a storm.

I liked this attraction. I think I really learned some good stuff here. I'm glad I made time for it.

By now its probably 10:30. Time to start making our way over the CMC for some yummy food.

Up next......Over booking explained.

Last edited by MEK; 10-10-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #120
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Turf Toe is a new one to me. But then my kids are dancers and hockey players. No turf for them. I'm very familiar with coldbutitis. I get it often myself from sitting at the ice rinks.

Never heard of storm chasers. It sounds cute.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: