Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #91
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhh! The Grand Floridian sure is....well, Grand! I love it there just for the sheer beauty! Even if we were willing to put out that kind of money for a hotel, DH would not stay there...he doesn't like it??!! He thinks it is too stuffy for him and the kids would be a bother to other guests. So, I guess I'm out of luck! Oh well! At least your aching feet got to bed at a fairly decent hour and they got a nice dinner and a few great rides!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:54 AM   #92
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
The GF is sooo pretty!

Denise
I hope you and your DH are planning a visit there during your December trip. You will not regret it! (Except that it will make you want to check-in on the spot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I shall have to remember to NOT follow your advice to make Thunder Mountain go faster -- it feels fast enough to me, thank you very much (you know what a ride chicken I am).

Yes - CP - following my advice would definately NOT be a good idea for you!

Quote:
I am such a Haunted Mansion fanatic! Love that ride! You got some great pictures!
for the HM. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite rides!

Quote:
The Grand Floridian always has such beautiful gorgeous arrangements. I would love to stay there one day, too. about the car pic with the woman in it.

Your poor feet -- I hope they feel better the next day.
I hope she didn't think I was stalking her, but she was very attractive so I let her stay in the picture. If she hadn't been that pretty I would have definately waited for her to leave. I'm so bad!

As for me feet - I think you know the answer to that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
I thought there were rules against starting a new TR...while I'm in WDW!! Here I am on page...I dunno.... FAR AWAY from pg 1 anyways!!

I'm subscribing... then gonna catch up!

Paula
Yeah - Paula's here! Welcome back! I hope you had a great time!!!!

I think the gang is all here now. Is anyone missing? Yes, C.....is C here yet?????I feel like she's here, but maybe she's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT HM Pictures!! I loved them!!!! I enjoyed all of your pictures this update especially the GF lobby!! Isn't it gorgeous!! I am just in awe every single time I walk into there!! I doubt I will ever be able to afford it but I like to dream!!! Even the GF smells wonderful!!!! LOL!!!

!
thanks Jen. The lobby is so beautiful! I really wish I had a bit more time to explore there. I certainly can understand why people want to stay there. I thought it might feel stuffy, but I didn't think so. It just felt amazing. So who knows????? Maybe, someday, those of us who haven't stayed there will get their chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm sorry you had achy feet!! I hope a good night's rest was all they needed to feel better!!!!

Anxious for more!!
Well, you can guess what happened with the feet. But, honestly, I tried really hard not to let it slow me down because it was my own darn fault for not preparing better.

Anyway, I am not sure if I will post tonight or not. I have a lot going on, but I did upload half my Day 2 pics and I realize I have soooooooo many things to talk about. My pictures definately got better on Day 2! Sleep will do that!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #93
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Ahhhhh! The Grand Floridian sure is....well, Grand! I love it there just for the sheer beauty! Even if we were willing to put out that kind of money for a hotel, DH would not stay there...he doesn't like it??!! He thinks it is too stuffy for him and the kids would be a bother to other guests. So, I guess I'm out of luck! Oh well! At least your aching feet got to bed at a fairly decent hour and they got a nice dinner and a few great rides!
I always had the vision of the GF being a bit stuffy, too. But I actually didn't feel that way as we were passing through. It just seemed like any other big, busy lobby in WDW. I think that's one of the money things I love so much about WDW. I think everyone gets the same special treatment no matter who you are or what your economic resources are. You are an important customer and you get treated that way! Not so in many other places.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #94
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I LOVE your HM pictures!! Sooo great! I must confess, I'm becoming a bit of a HM addict too! I really think it's an imagineering masterpiece!! I can't wait to ride it on Halloween and see the storyteller outside!!!

I'm sorry your feet hurt so much! When DH and went to Artist Point and then Cirque in March I wore cute, black, strappy flats. Holy cow my feet hurt soooo bad! I actually gave up and walked barefoot! DH thought I was completely insane for walking around barefoot but it was on our way from cirque to the bus and his only other option was to carry me!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #95
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am such a dork -- I totally thought you had updated again, and here I was ready to comment -- but I see I already have. Must have been wishful thinking...
Old 10-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #96
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Yikes, Mary Ellen, you're at 7 pages already... I'm so behind!

I'm here now, but will have to go back and read from the beginning tomorrow; its already after midnight and I must go to bed....

ZZZZZZZZ

Kathy
Old 10-08-2009, 05:55 AM   #97
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Great pics of the GF! They showed a lot of details that I had never noticed!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #98
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi there Really enjoying your report so far.... that fish was and your run on BTMR was hilarious...
Old 10-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #99
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Another fun update! What I am about to say is blasphemous I'm sure but....I have never been on the Haunted Mansion. I know!! I've been bad! It's for sure on the list for our December trip.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #100
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I LOVE your HM pictures!! Sooo great! I must confess, I'm becoming a bit of a HM addict too! I really think it's an imagineering masterpiece!! I can't wait to ride it on Halloween and see the storyteller outside!!!
It really is. You are so lucky to ride it on Halloween!!!!!!! That would be so cool!

Quote:
I
I'm sorry your feet hurt so much! When DH and went to Artist Point and then Cirque in March I wore cute, black, strappy flats. Holy cow my feet hurt soooo bad! I actually gave up and walked barefoot! DH thought I was completely insane for walking around barefoot but it was on our way from cirque to the bus and his only other option was to carry me!
I definately thought about walking barefoot a few times. Why not?....My tetanus shot was up to date! Somehow I just couldn't bring myself to do it!

Quote:
I am such a dork -- I totally thought you had updated again, and here I was ready to comment -- but I see I already have. Must have been wishful thinking...
Believe me, if I could, I would update everynight. But I went to Nick's soccer game and got home too late to do anything other than housework! I hope to get one done tonight, but that's still iffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Yikes, Mary Ellen, you're at 7 pages already... I'm so behind!

I'm here now, but will have to go back and read from the beginning tomorrow; its already after midnight and I must go to bed....

ZZZZZZZZ

Kathy
Hey Kathy....Welcome! I have no smilies to welcome you, because they won't work on my work computer today! SOOOO glad to have you join in no matter what the page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Great pics of the GF! They showed a lot of details that I had never noticed!
Thanks Dawn. I definately had fun taking pictures at the GF. I'm ready to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Another fun update! What I am about to say is blasphemous I'm sure but....I have never been on the Haunted Mansion. I know!! I've been bad! It's for sure on the list for our December trip.

Well, it's a darn good thing I can't post any smilies today because I would have to give you a triple eek! I hope that Jen is covering her ears.LOL.
So you must ride in December. I will admit, when I first started riding it I didn't love it. I was sort-of eh towards it. But the more I ride it and the more I learn about it, the more I love it. I am just one of those people who has to have alot of repeat exposure before I can notice all the details. So make sure you ride it a few times and definately go back and read Jen Jolt's gnome TR because she describes HM like no other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hi there Really enjoying your report so far.... that fish was and your run on BTMR was hilarious...
HI Mickey Mom - I have nothing special to welcome you with because everything is frozen on this dumb *&$%@ computer. But I am SOOOOOO glad to have you following along. Glad you are enjoying the TR so far.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #101
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It really is. You are so lucky to ride it on Halloween!!!!!!! That would be so cool!

I definately thought about walking barefoot a few times. Why not?....My tetanus shot was up to date! Somehow I just couldn't bring myself to do it!

I can't wait for a halloween ride on HM

I couldn't bare to walk in those stinken sandals anymore, I actually thought for a second about tossing them in the garbage!!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #102
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't wait for a halloween ride on HM

I couldn't bare to walk in those stinken sandals anymore, I actually thought for a second about tossing them in the garbage!!
That's pretty funny.....it's sure one way to destroy the enemy!

Old 10-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #103
MEK
DIS Veteran

A mini update....

I was hoping to do a full update tonight, but it is already after 10:30pm. So,,,I decided to show you a few pictures of POP. When we got back to Pop on arrival day, we pretty much just crashed into bed. I heard nothing all night long. Pop is sometimes refered to the as "the home of the turbo toilets", but I heard nothing during our first two nights. No toilets, no showers, no water running, no yelling, no screaming. It was very pleasant. But notice, I said ...."First two nights". I will tell you about night 3 when we get there, so be patient! I stayed in Pop, same room (remember), in 2008 and I heard showers going at 2am every night. I could have used earplugs for that trip.

When I got up I grabbed our mugs and headed for some delicious nescafe coffee, I really only drank it for my caffiene fix, Every morning I threw out half the mug, Bleeeeech! We got up around 7am, drank yucky coffee, and went for a run along the lake. It was nice and quiet and the morning temperatures were pleasant. We hit the 50's parking lot and circled round to the food court to pick up some muffins with our snack credits.

Here is the view from our room.....

Here is a view of the front of our building and the stairs. Noticed I focused on the speakers because it played 70's music all day. It was like being on an episode of "That 70's show". Just like Kidani, the music was well suited to the resort theme.

Here is more 70's:

As we came down the stairs we could see Goofy to our left:

We really did have an excellent room location. No complaints there.

So ....

Coffee....check

Run........check

Muffins...check

Time to get dressed and ready to go. Here's a picture of the lovely ADR car waiting for us.......

So, hey....it's not much, but up next......Epcot and "what do you mean its double booking?"

Last edited by MEK; 10-09-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:59 AM   #105
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for a mini-update! Pop is always so fun-looking -- we have only ever stayed there once, but I loved their food court and all the little nods to the different decades!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: