Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #76
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I know...me the HM fanatic...scares easily...she got me a few times so that should be a lot of fun to share with you all LOL!! Yes we are doing a joint TR and I'm currently working on getting the pics uploaded onto photobucket and then we'll discuss a title and we will go from there LOL!! Hopefully later this week we will have it up and running LOL!!!!!

OOOH you took HM pictures..I cannot wait to see them!! YAY! Something utterly fabulous to look forward too!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #77
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your report, because DH and I are doing the same thing in December! 4 nights at the Pop, no kids! Can't wait!!!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #78
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Ok! All caught up!!! So far so good! Good job on the car upgrade and glad to see you made it around alive with the shaking wheel! LOL
Welcome! It would have been a really good upgrade if we didn't have that shaky wheel. I think we forgot about the shaky steering wheel until they day we needed to drive back and go over 62mph!

Quote:
It sounds like you had a nice dinner with just the two of you at Narcoossees! Ahhhhh...what that must be like...a dinner without kids! Some day!!! But, the fish...eh, not sure if I could have stayed to look at that for the whole dinner! It was a bit scary! Actually it was so big and alive-looking that it was like you had a dinner for three! LOL
It really was a nice dinner and it is sooooooo nice to eat without kids. It was also nice that no one else's kids were there. I saw very few young children during any of our meals. (Not that I don't like young kids)

Quote:
The fireworks pix look good! Just had to get a little taste of the MK in, right? Tired or not! I get that! We don't land until 10 pm in December...I wish I could get to a park, any park. But, it will be too late!
Yup....you bet. At first I thought I would be satisfied just to go out to dinner and watch fireworks from the deck, but then the MK bug bit and I knew I needed more...more....MORE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh my!

I couldn't agree more about the curfew. It's one of those situations where I bite my tounge as that is between Jeff and his ex to decide what they are ok with and that's what the law is. That said the E's will NOT be allowed out that late when they are that age! It's 1am on Friday and Sat...I forget what on weeknights...maybe midnight? He can't have anyone in the car with him that is under 21 unless they are family for the 1st 6 months.

I like 10pm much better as a curfew! We also have the same restriction about extra kids in the car for the first 6 months.

Quote:

Ok now it makes sense, the cardboard would stablize it perfectly, that was the part I couldn't figure out! How funny about the box, I would totally do that. In fact, I have although usually it's a beer 6 pack paper holder lol.

Yeah. It worked like a charm. Love that cooler!

Quote:

I want one of those just no kids...teens or otherwise!

It was the best. You definately deserve a date night for your next trip!!!!!!

Quote:

I hate that! so frustrating. I've started doing mine in a word doc that I save until I go to post, it's been working much better. Of course it means I go on and on and on...

I probably should start doing that. But the real problem was that I was way too tired to be doing an update and I kept nodding off and clicking stuff on the computer by mistake! Not good!

Quote:

Love the pumpkins and you've got some nice castle shots. I agree with you about point and shoot and fireworks...sad, but true.
I'm pretty pleased with the castle shots, but, no matter what, I will have better firework pics next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I know...me the HM fanatic...scares easily...she got me a few times so that should be a lot of fun to share with you all LOL!! Yes we are doing a joint TR and I'm currently working on getting the pics uploaded onto photobucket and then we'll discuss a title and we will go from there LOL!! Hopefully later this week we will have it up and running LOL!!!!!

OOOH you took HM pictures..I cannot wait to see them!! YAY! Something utterly fabulous to look forward too!!!!!
Oh, I can't wait to hear how Paula got you! I still have to finish uploading my pics, too. I took about 1500 pics in 5 days. Seesh! I ran out of memory cards and I had to start deleting! Can't wait to see what title you come up with. Can't wait to see the pics!

My HM pics are not that great, but I finally got one of the bride! I really started to memorize the different scenes of the HM. I rode it a bunch of times and it is addictive! I just wish I had you there to narrate all the different scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I'm really enjoying your report, because DH and I are doing the same thing in December! 4 nights at the Pop, no kids! Can't wait!!!

Denise
Welcome Denise! You are going to have such a great time! We had a blast! December is such a great time to visit with the Christmas decorations!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #79
MEK
DIS Veteran

A Magical Evening at the MK (aka "My aching feet") Part 2

I don't know what the problem was last night but I lost more trip report and deleted more pictures in one 2 hour time span than I have in my whole Dis career! LOL. I think I was just too tired to be posting. I kept falling asleep, jerking awake, and making bad key strokes.

So when I left off last night we had just finished riding TTA. I must have blacked-out for a bit after that, because I really don't remember walking to the back of MK to ride Big Thunder. I just remember it being a walk on. Perhaps the fastest walk-on of all times because before I knew it we were loading.

We had a blast. Here is a trick for making Big Thunder go faster - sleep 2 1/2hrs, drink sangria with a champagne chaser, then ride. Works like a charm. Makes Big Thunder go 30% faster. I'm not kidding - try it! I was screaming like a baby....scream, laugh, scream, laugh! So fun!

I couldn't quite convince DH that a ride on Splash was in order. "I don't want to get wet", he prostested. If I had Wigd's shower cap I would have put it on his head and said, "let's go". But I figured there was plenty of time for splash, so we set out to ride HM.

I have to tell you that I think I am becoming an HM addict. I don't really remember how many times I rode it this trip, but it was alot. I tried really hard to take in all the details. I enjoyed it more with every ride. I decided to take a few pictures of the stretching room.

And the great madame.......

I photographed that crazy bride,too, but I did it later in the trip. Must go in order!

After the HM we decided to check out the Hall of Presidents. The next show wasn't for another 15 minutes, so we just nosed around and took a few more pics....

The ceiling.....

And, of course, a light fixture outside the building for LL...

We decided not to stick around for the presidents, but we were able to see it later in the week. We were both getting a bit weary so we headed to the front of the park to catch the monorail. Next stop.....the GF.

Once we got inside I decided I had to get MORE pictures.....so here they are......

Just a few short hours ago this lobby had been teaming with people, but now the GF looked like a ghost town.

The Mercantile.....

Check out this beautiful ceiling.....

Some more cool floor pics....

I really wanted a picture of this car, and since this girl looked so good posing in front of it, I decided not to wait for her to move. lol.

By the time we reached the GF my feet were really hurting from walking around in my silly black sandals. Ouch! And we still had that 1/2 mile walk back to the car. We put it off as long as we could and finally made the trek back to the ADR car. We got to Pop without difficulty, filled our mugs with some soda (they don't have the frozen cokes anymore - bummer), and dragged our butts into bed. It was around 11:30. I was asleep in seconds flat.....and that's a wrap for Day 1!

Oops....I almost forgot....I felt compelled to take a picture of the GF map. Just in case I hit the lottery and really ever get to stay there (lol I wish)

Next up....More Anniversary Surprises at Epcot...and what do you mean that's double booking?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #80
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Your poor feet! I totally feel your pain!

Thanks for the light fixture.

I'm totally in love with the floors and ceiling at Grand Floridian. I really need to make it over there and check it out.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #81
faerieprincess
on the threshold of revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
We got to Pop without difficulty, filled our mugs with some soda (they don't have the frozen cokes anymore - bummer), and dragged our butts into bed. It was around 11:30. I was asleep in seconds flat.....and that's a wrap for Day 1!
No more frozen cokes!!! noooooo!!!

Sounds like a wonderful first day - i'm so sorry about your feet though - i hope that didn't turn out to be a theme of the trip!

How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways! (Completed February 2009 TR)
A foolish promise finally kept - the PTR (Completed February 2009 PTR)
Old 10-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #82
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh I love those floor pictures! I didn't notice that at all on the floor when Kendall and I had our girls morning over there. I need to go back just to see them.

I love your recipe for making BTMRR go faster. However I'm not sure my head would love that combo the next day. Sangria is really not my friend.

I don't know that I'll ever be able to convince Jeff that WDW is a good trip for just the 2 of us but you never know. I do have a date trip planned for next month though! I'm not sure if we will do a date night on the August trip, although I'd like to....I actually hadn't factored that in yet!

hmmn.

silky and leather?

OW!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #83
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh, ouch on the feet, I guess it's a good idea to carry some comfy footwear along with the pretty ones.

So now I see you know the importance of always carrying a shower cap, you never know when it will come in handy!

Beautiful GF pics!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #84
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

What a great, and FULL, first day! And what are the odds of getting the same room twice???

I'm so excited to ride the TTA in December. I hear it has a new soundtrack though that started on October 2?

I've never noticed the detail on the floor at the GF, just beautiful!!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #85
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

The GF is gorgeous from the floor to the ceiling that's for sure!

Hope your feet bounce back tomorrow.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 AM   #86
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

The GF is sooo pretty!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 10-07-2009, 04:55 AM   #87
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I shall have to remember to NOT follow your advice to make Thunder Mountain go faster -- it feels fast enough to me, thank you very much (you know what a ride chicken I am).

I am such a Haunted Mansion fanatic! Love that ride! You got some great pictures!

The Grand Floridian always has such beautiful gorgeous arrangements. I would love to stay there one day, too. about the car pic with the woman in it.

Your poor feet -- I hope they feel better the next day.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #88
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

I thought there were rules against starting a new TR...while I'm in WDW!! Here I am on page...I dunno.... FAR AWAY from pg 1 anyways!!

I'm subscribing... then gonna catch up!

Paula
Old 10-07-2009, 08:26 AM   #89
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOOT HM Pictures!! I loved them!!!! I enjoyed all of your pictures this update especially the GF lobby!! Isn't it gorgeous!! I am just in awe every single time I walk into there!! I doubt I will ever be able to afford it but I like to dream!!! Even the GF smells wonderful!!!! LOL!!!

I'm sorry you had achy feet!! I hope a good night's rest was all they needed to feel better!!!!

Anxious for more!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #90
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Your poor feet! I totally feel your pain!

Thanks for the light fixture.

I'm totally in love with the floors and ceiling at Grand Floridian. I really need to make it over there and check it out.
I don't even remember exactly where that portion of the floor or ceiling was located. I just remember the place was vacant, so I snapped to my heart's content!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerieprincess View Post
No more frozen cokes!!! noooooo!!!
I know, I know......I had no idea the frozen cokes where gone, gone, gone. In its place was the ever popular, but certainly non-equivalent, blue powerade! :sad2 I guess those frozen coke machines broke one too many times! I loved them though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerieprincess View Post
Sounds like a wonderful first day - i'm so sorry about your feet though - i hope that didn't turn out to be a theme of the trip!
We had a great first day and, unfortunately, the feet do become a recurring theme!

Quote:
Oh I love those floor pictures! I didn't notice that at all on the floor when Kendall and I had our girls morning over there. I need to go back just to see them.

Isn't that floor just amazing? Did I read somewhere that the tiles where new? Not sure, but I feel like I may have read that here.

Quote:
I love your recipe for making BTMRR go faster. However I'm not sure my head would love that combo the next day. Sangria is really not my friend.

Too bad. That sangria was really, really good. Whenever I feel like I could use a stiff drink, I conjure up the image of that sangria. I need to learn to make it just like that!

Quote:

I don't know that I'll ever be able to convince Jeff that WDW is a good trip for just the 2 of us but you never know. I do have a date trip planned for next month though! I'm not sure if we will do a date night on the August trip, although I'd like to....I actually hadn't factored that in yet!
Unfortunately, WDW is a little too far for you and Jeff for a date trip. I think that's why DVC loves us east coast people so much. 2 hours and we are there. But, I do recommend a date night for you in August. You deserve it and you've got built in baby sitters (ie. the teens).

Quote:
silky and leather?

OW!
Leather. Really inflexible leather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh, ouch on the feet, I guess it's a good idea to carry some comfy footwear along with the pretty ones.
You know....I usually plan better. I don't know what I was thinking by not packing my crocs. I didn't make that mistake twice!

Quote:
So now I see you know the importance of always carrying a shower cap, you never know when it will come in handy!
I may seriously pack one on my next trip because I could have really used one a few days later!

Quote:
Beautiful GF pics!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
What a great, and FULL, first day! And what are the odds of getting the same room twice???
Go figure! That will probably never happen again? Or will it???? Boy would I like my former Vero Beach room twice!

Quote:

I'm so excited to ride the TTA in December. I hear it has a new soundtrack though that started on October 2?
Really????? I liked that old one, but now I am really curious to hear the new one.

Quote:
I've never noticed the detail on the floor at the GF, just beautiful!!!!
I bet if any one of us won the lottery, that would be the first thing we would do. Build a new house and replicate the GF lobby floor in our foyer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
The GF is gorgeous from the floor to the ceiling that's for sure!
No debate there. It is an amazing place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Hope your feet bounce back tomorrow.
Not quite!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: