Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #751
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

aack! I missed a whole update! I can't beleive it! Between turkey day and our getaway I am SO behind on TR's! Not to mention life, holidays and works.

excuses excuses!

Isn't it funny? While a meal might be the most amazing ever, it really is the WHOLE experience that stays with you. What a lovely lovely night at AP an you summed it up beautifully. I love the fact that you just went with your guy on the Epcot crowds and hopped the monorail and then the ferry.

Spontaneity, and the ability to actually embrace it, is a wonderful thing.

Jeff is in love with WL. I like it but...it feels just like home lol! Which, while a good thing and very comfortable, doesn't feel very "away" to me.

Still, I'm sure we will stay there someday!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:36 AM   #752
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
You know it's always that first mega splash that gets me....
Next time you might want to put on a rain bonnet, shower cap, or poncho.....
I am totally going to find a cut shower cap for next trip. That's the first time I ever got that much of a dousing. It was pretty painless, because it was 90 degrees out, but I felt like my hair was dirty for the rest of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
aack! I missed a whole update! I can't beleive it! Between turkey day and our getaway I am SO behind on TR's! Not to mention life, holidays and works.

excuses excuses!
I feel the same way. Ever since the state soccer tournament I have gotten impossibly behind on everyone's TR (including my own). Heck, my last update was 11/25 and now 12/5! Yikes! And I felt like I was forcing myself to do this last update. Now that its done, I have my momentum back. In fact, I tried to DIS last night, but the boards were down. So now I'm sneaking in a quick hit before I start getting ready for church.

Quote:
Isn't it funny? While a meal might be the most amazing ever, it really is the WHOLE experience that stays with you. What a lovely lovely night at AP an you summed it up beautifully.

That's exactly right. It wasn't one individual thing, it was the sum of all the little touches in customer service, the food, the wine, the extras, the ambiance, that made it such a perfect evening. I love that they gave us the menu to take home. I take a peak at it from time to time.

Quote:
I love the fact that you just went with your guy on the Epcot crowds and hopped the monorail and then the ferry.

Spontaneity, and the ability to actually embrace it, is a wonderful thing.
I'm glad we did that, too. It really was pleasant and not too time consuming. Pluse, as you will see, we got to ride back with C.

Quote:
Jeff is in love with WL. I like it but...it feels just like home lol! Which, while a good thing and very comfortable, doesn't feel very "away" to me.

Still, I'm sure we will stay there someday!
I can understand that. I have always been a fan of the mountains and skiing, but I can't say I have ever stayed anywhere that resembles the WL. A few years ago (2005), before DVC, I was tempted to stay there. But I just couldn't justify the extra $1000 for the trip. So I forced myself to be happy with my choice to stay at CBR, which was an excellent trip, by the way. But I guess I just never got the WL out of my system.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #753
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I love the pics from your ferry ride! Glad your nausea cleared up quickly and you could enjoy your morning!

Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #754
MEK
DIS Veteran

A Trip That Almost Was.........

I really should be going over my music one more time, but I can't seem to get the motivation. So, I think I'll post about the trip that almost was. Yes - that's right - I almost planned an extra trip this year. One in late January of 2010.

I'm not sure if you remember, but I have a coworker who owns many DVC points. She had a reservation for this week (infact, starting today) at SSR. She decided she did not have the $$$$$ for the trip and tried to rent the reservation. No go! That's hard for me to believe because it seems like a great week to go.

Anyway - she has to use these points by the end of January. 140 points to be exact. I got this great idea and decided to see if the soccer moms wanted to go in January. We could have gotten a 2BR at SSR for 150 points and my friend was going to charge us a shockingly low price of $7.5 a point. It would have been $375 per person for the three of us for 5 nights. Personally, I think that's a steal.

So when my friends seemed interested I shot them an email to break out the costs:

$375 resort
$280 ticket
$155 flight
$200 dining plan

Well - once I had the $ part all out in the open like that, they got cold feet. My one friend said she would rather designate that $ to her summer vacation. I explained that we could make the trip less expensive by (1) adding another person (which I really didn't want to do) (2) purchasing non park hoppers (I already have an AP so doesn't matter to me) (3) doing the quick service dining plan (4) praying for a better flight price, although $155 is probably the best we would get.(5) have a garage sale (kind of late in the year for that)

Anyway - my friends know that I had offered to take them next year on points, so I guess that crushed the incentive to come up with the $. I had to tell my coworker that we were going to pass.

Right now my coworker has a 1 BR booked at the WL from 1/17 to the 23rd. She is working with someone on the boards, so I hope she gets this settled. It's been alot of work for her. I'm sure she is trying to get a slightly higher dollar per point (because my price was rock bottom).

I am a little disappointed that my friends did not appreciate what a great deal this was. I won't be able to cough up the points for a 2BR next spring. My plan is for 2 studios at OKW. And if my friends want to go in the fall, we will have to plan for free dining and probably stay value, or no more than moderate, to undercut that price I listed above.

So that's my story - the trip that almost was!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #755
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen, I would have gone with you in a heart beat. Well you know any one of your DIS friends would have jumped at that offer!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #756
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh I feel your pain! I did the same thing with 2 different groups trying to put together a girls only food and wine trip, either with my gourmet club or my mom, sisters and SIL.

Couple of takers but not enough to make it pencil and it was such a great deal!

I'd love to run away in Jan....though I can't afford it either lol.

Still, it is so painful to see the deal that got away...........
Old 12-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #757
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I love the pics from your ferry ride! Glad your nausea cleared up quickly and you could enjoy your morning!
Thanks Dawn. My nausea was gone very quickly. I only remembered it because it seemed so out of character. It came on really suddenly and then was gone....puff! Weird!

That reminds me - I have to go look at your pics from your last update. I think I read it at work. Better get Crackin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Mary Ellen, I would have gone with you in a heart beat. Well you know any one of your DIS friends would have jumped at that offer!
Well Wigd - now that I know, that I am pm'ing you the second another good deal comes along. I thought about soliticing Dis'ers, but I had to let her know it a short period of time and I wasn't able to Dis much while all this negotiating was going on. I was away with one of the soccer moms last week and that's when we decided just to forget it until neck year.

Is Shocker OK with you going without him? Denny told me I could go, but he said it was with one condition - after I went in Jan and then May (with him) he wanted me to take a year hiatus. Yeah right!!!!!!

Quote:
Oh I feel your pain! I did the same thing with 2 different groups trying to put together a girls only food and wine trip, either with my gourmet club or my mom, sisters and SIL.

Couple of takers but not enough to make it pencil and it was such a great deal!

I'd love to run away in Jan....though I can't afford it either lol.

Still, it is so painful to see the deal that got away...........
I would have felt a little selfish if we had gone, but I have been getting a bit of extra money lately from some recent singing jobs, so I probably could have justified it! Plus my mom is giving me some cash for Christmas, so that would help. I would basically need to decide - new Cannon camera or trip to Disney world.

Anyway - its a non issue. I will check with my friend tomorrow, but I'm hoping she got a taker.

Mytake is you gotta find a couple people who really love it and really get it....and then you've got a trip!

Old 12-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #759
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh, MEK! I am so bummed. You would have been there when Jen and I are going!
Seriously???? I was JUST going over to your TR to see what your dates where, because now that I posted about my "trip that almost was", I have been bitten by the worst Disney bug and I really want to go in January. I am heading over to your TR now........

Old 12-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #760
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Last day blues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am a little disappointed that my friends did not appreciate what a great deal this was.
They are clueless! I would have been all over that!

Quote:
Well Wigd - now that I know, that I am pm'ing you the second another good deal comes along.
Pretty please, can you add me to the PM list, too??? I'm a really quiet, tidy roommate!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #761
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Last day blues...

Somebody's last day blues are somebody else's first day highs! Uhhhhh? Did I just think of a name for my next TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post

They are clueless! I would have been all over that!

Pretty please, can you add me to the PM list, too??? I'm a really quiet, tidy roommate! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
OK - done - you are officially on the pm list the next time I get offered a great deal!!!!!!!

4 Days!!!!!! How excited are you????? I hope you do a TR!!!!!!!

I played a memorial service this afternoon at an Elks Lodge in Harve de Grace, Md. I remember when I was there last year, because all I could think of then was my upcoming December Disney trip! It really made me wish I was going again this December! I hope you have a fabulous trip!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #762
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I am so glad I caught up on your TR tonight. I loved your WL post and your thoughts as well as other posters. It sounds amazing. I am so excited to stay there. I cannot believe I will be there on Thursday!

Looking forward to hearing about your "much anticipated" DIS meet. Sure hope it lived up to the hype.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #763
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I am so glad I caught up on your TR tonight. I loved your WL post and your thoughts as well as other posters. It sounds amazing. I am so excited to stay there. I cannot believe I will be there on Thursday!
So you ARE staying there! You better take a bunch of pictures. I can't wait to hear how it compares to your beloved Beach Club! Woot for Thursday!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Looking forward to hearing about your "much anticipated" DIS meet. Sure hope it lived up to the hype.
But, of course, it did!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #764
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seriously???? I was JUST going over to your TR to see what your dates where, because now that I posted about my "trip that almost was", I have been bitten by the worst Disney bug and I really want to go in January. I am heading over to your TR now........
So what have you decided?!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #765
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, last days always make me a bit sad. I love the pictures of your early morning ferry ride to the MK -- so pretty and peaceful! I am glad the nausea passed quickly, and everything worked out with the cleaning lady.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: