Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #31
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

MEK, I have to tell you that a yelped out loud when I saw the fish! All I could think of is that part of Little Mermaid when they are seeing Under the Sea and the fish just plops on the plate. Oh my goodness. That is one huge helping of fish!

I really want to try that almond cheesecake. Narcoosee's just looks like a really nice place. I might have to go there. How dressy was everyone dressed?

Too funny about having the same room at Pop! What are the odds of that happening?

Oh and you spelled Massachusetts correctly.

I love the light fixture too....it looks likes some drinking glasses my grandmother use to have.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #32
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh Mary Ellen, that fish! UGH!!!!

You are a very fine wife to share your steak.

I'm glad you got the Jeep, too bad it was a shakey, shakey beginning with the rental cars....
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #33
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The CM who checked me in was really quite gravid with child.
This is going to become my newest catch phrase......Wigd is going to get so tired of hearing me say it!
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #34
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
This is going to become my newest catch phrase......Wigd is going to get so tired of hearing me say it!
Shocker may find a very large fish stuffed in his mouth if he is too annoying with that little phrase!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #35
Mr. I Won't Rent Car
Earning My Ears

Quote:
But no sooner had we started to drive out of the parking garage when my DH declared, "I think there is something wrong with the rear wheels in this car. They are shaking."

However, as soon as we hit the highway we realized that the Jeep Liberty also had a problem. The steering wheel started to shake at precisely 62mph.

However, if we had needed to do any highway driving on this trip, we would have had to take the car back.

We drove the car all the way around to the 80's parking lot. In retrospect, we should have stayed right where we were. The walk from the 80's parking lot to our room was a tad lengthy.

Unfortunately, we learned that the self parking lot of the GF is ridiculously far. Once we found the lot, we had to drive nearly to the back of it to find a spot. It had to be a 1/3 - 1/2 mile walk to the main entrance of the GF. Well, I'm probably exaggerating, so let's say it was 1/4 - 1/3 of a mile.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:27 AM   #36
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Wow! That was some fish! It looks more ornamental than edible.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 10-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #37
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

First to answer your questions...yes the break up was Caitlin. Right before we left she found out her bf had been hiding a substance abuse problem She's hurt but she'll be ok thanks!

OMG THAT FISH! We saw someone order that on Wed and it looked awful! I can't imagine having to eat across the table from it
Old 10-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #38
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
MEK, I have to tell you that a yelped out loud when I saw the fish! All I could think of is that part of Little Mermaid when they are seeing Under the Sea and the fish just plops on the plate. Oh my goodness. That is one huge helping of fish!

After my DH ordered it, I saw it plated for another customer and I almost did the same thing. I remember thinking, "DH is not going to like that!" We are still debating what type of fish it was. He says rock fish or sea bass. I thought it was red snapper. I can't find it on the menu at allears, so I give up. All I know is it had boney spikes on its back. Sheesh!

Quote:
I really want to try that almond cheesecake. Narcoosee's just looks like a really nice place. I might have to go there. How dressy was everyone dressed?
Oh, that almond cheescake was devine. Seriously, it just melted in your mouth. I think that was my favorite dessert all week.

I didn't think people were dressed up at all. Everyone I saw was very casual. I looked about the dressiest there and, believe me, I was not "all that".

Quote:
Too funny about having the same room at Pop! What are the odds of that happening?
Ya know....I am going to EXPECT that room the next time I stay at Pop. I wanted it named the "MEK room".

Quote:
Oh and you spelled Massachusetts correctly.
I didn't have any help either!

Quote:
I love the light fixture too....it looks likes some drinking glasses my grandmother use to have.
I'm glad you like! I think of you every time I photograph a light fixture. Sometimes my DH will say, "what are you doing?" And I reply "well, taking a picture of that light fixture, of course....what else?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh my gosh Mary Ellen, that fish! UGH!!!!

You are a very fine wife to share your steak.

I'm glad you got the Jeep, too bad it was a shakey, shakey beginning with the rental cars....
I know, I know. What a weird presentation. DH doesn't like lobster or I probably would have offered to switch entrees with him because he definately regretted his dining choice. And for the record, he scarfed that steak down. Yes....the Jeep was definately an good upgrade for the ADR car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
Oh no. Poor Wigd. Shocker is just like a little kid. You always have to watch what you say around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Shocker may find a very large fish stuffed in his mouth if he is too annoying with that little phrase!
Good one. Well we all know where to find one freakishly large fish, don't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I Won't Rent Car View Post
Touche! You win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Wow! That was some fish! It looks more ornamental than edible.
Hi Diamond in the Ruff.... Welcome!

Agreed. But that is one ornament I can live without. I just wonder how the heck they got on that coating on the fish. Now there's some creative cooking. NOT!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #39
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
First to answer your questions...yes the break up was Caitlin. Right before we left she found out her bf had been hiding a substance abuse problem She's hurt but she'll be ok thanks!

OMG THAT FISH! We saw someone order that on Wed and it looked awful! I can't imagine having to eat across the table from it
Oh No! Poor Caitlin! That is such a bummer, especially when you really like someone. But she definately made the right decision. She is too lovely of a young lady to get mixed up with that. Yes...Caitlin....we are talking about you. Here's hugs

So you saw the fish,too! It was crazy. Actually the sangria and the champagne made it so I didn't even notice the fish anymore!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #40
MEK
DIS Veteran

I can't post a real update now because we are going to Dorney Park for the day, but here are a few more pictures I took on the Narcoosee's deck and as we were leaving the GF to visit the MK.

As we were rushing to catch the monorail I grabbed a few inside pics.....

The floor.....such a beautiful marble floor.....WOW!

The band.....

Phew....made it.....the monorail.......

Old 10-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #41
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

What was the deal with the rental cars?! I briefly thought about renting a car for our trip coming up and EZ was the cheapest. I'm kinda glad I didn't go for it!

How cool is it to get the same room twice!? I wonder what the actual odds of that happening are!? I think it means you were destined to have a fabulous trip!!!

Holy crap! That fish is super scary!! There is no way, no how I could have eaten that!!! How in the world did they think that that was a good presentation?!

Sounds like you guys hads a so-so meal You know my love for Narcoosees!! Our meal there was, as you know, one of the best meals ever! Of course, we didn't get anything that looked like that fish!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #42
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

OHH that fish. Like someone else said, I wouldn't have been able to sit at the same table with it.

Your pics are very nice. We visited the GF for the first time in June just to look around. It is very pretty.

Have Fun at Dorney. I haven't been there since college.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #43
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Someone once commented that this reminded them of the band that played while the Titanic sunk. Now that's all I can think of when I see this

Your dinner looks amazing! Someday....

I also love the pics you took of the floor at GF, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of that before, it is beautiful!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 10-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #44
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the hugs!

Narcossee's what a wonderful way to start a vacation!!

Can't wait to see your MK pics!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 10-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #45
faerieprincess
on the threshold of revelation

i'm going to join the ranks of those horrified by the fish - that's ghastly! Reminds me of the first time i ordered fish and chips in England and discovered (with horror) that the tail and skin and bones were all still there....under the batter. *shudders*

i'm also glad i wasn't the only one thinking of the band on the Titanic...

Glad you enjoyed your dinner though!

How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways! (Completed February 2009 TR)
A foolish promise finally kept - the PTR (Completed February 2009 PTR)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: