Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #151
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Great first full day so far! I am so glad I don't drink coffee after reading everyone's TR's and comments on the WDW coffee!!! LOL We have been there several times and DH always drinks coffee everyday. He doesn't complain???? Maybe his own that he makes at home is that bad that Disney's coffee doesn't bother him!
Can't believe you walked on Soarin'! Amazing!
I'm glad the walk over to the BC is short and easy. We have never done it before, but plan on it during our trip in December. I love the Cape May Cafe breakfast! The characters really are great and the food is also! Cute pix!
Sorry your stay did not work out, but something tells me you will be staying there someday!!! I don't think you are going to give up until you get to!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #152
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

We've done the dinner at Cape May, but not the breakfast. Glad you enjoyed it! We love, love, love the Beach Club!!! We loved it even more than the Poly. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #153
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I have no clue about the double booking thing. It may be a way to keep a person from using those few points to get the ddp for a day in the middle of a stay when you aren't using it otherwise. .

You mean like what I was trying to do? In actuality it would have cost us more to stay on points and keep out Pop reservation for that one night than it would have to stay on points and add the DDP.

My math says: $82 a night for Pop plus about aother $60 a night to add the DxDP. So roughly $142. My cost for staying on points and paying for the DxDP would have been about $120, so I would definately not be getting the better end of the deal for that one night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Great first full day so far! I am so glad I don't drink coffee after reading everyone's TR's and comments on the WDW coffee!!! LOL We have been there several times and DH always drinks coffee everyday. He doesn't complain???? Maybe his own that he makes at home is that bad that Disney's coffee doesn't bother him!
DH is not a coffee connoisseur, I take it! Seriously, its not the greatest coffee but it serves the purpose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
:
Can't believe you walked on Soarin'! Amazing!
I'm glad the walk over to the BC is short and easy. We have never done it before, but plan on it during our trip in December. I love the Cape May Cafe breakfast! The characters really are great and the food is also! Cute pix!
Sorry your stay did not work out, but something tells me you will be staying there someday!!! I don't think you are going to give up until you get to!
Walk - on soarin....I wonder if that will ever happen again?

The walk over to BC is nice and easy. Do you have breakfast planned there??? It really is a great place to hang with the characters.

I got over my disappointment pretty quickly. And....yes....I WILL get there on my quest to stay at every DVC resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
We've done the dinner at Cape May, but not the breakfast. Glad you enjoyed it!
If you liked dinner you will probably also like breakfast! It's so bright and airy in there. Perfect for a morning meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
We love, love, love the Beach Club!!! We loved it even more than the Poly. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!

Denise
Is that bad to love the beach club more than the Poly????? (I know there are a lot of Poly lovers on this board). Poly is cool, but I would pick the beach club first, too!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #154
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I would love to stay at the Poly some day, but gosh I love the Beach Club. It would take some extraordinary circumstances to get me over there now that we stay on points. Like buy 1 get 4 free!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #155
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I would love to stay at the Poly some day, but gosh I love the Beach Club. It would take some extraordinary circumstances to get me over there now that we stay on points. Like buy 1 get 4 free!
Now that is DEFINATELY my kind of deal!!!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #156
MEK
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday Everyone.....

I regret not getting a chance to update last night. I tried to around 10pm but I started nodding off before my computer completly booted up. Not a good sign, so I decided not to bother.

I will try REALLY hard to update tonight. I probably could write it at work, but its Epcot and what's Epcot without pictures????? And I DID get that flash photo of the wall opposite the caveman in spaceship earth, so I know what's there now. I will give you advanced notice before I post that picture in case you want to be surprised for your next trip!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #157
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Good morning, MEK! Looking forward to the Epcot update this evening!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #158
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Aww, Mary Ellen! I was sorry to read your "fish that got away" story about the Beach Club Studio!

You seem to be smiling in a lot more pix this trip!

Kathy
Old 10-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #160
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I am excited for your update tonight, MEK. I can't wait to see that Epcot picture!
Me too!!

Good morning, MEK! Hope you have a great week!

- Katie

Old 10-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #161
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

DH tried to no avail to get that pic in SE. I can't wait to see what it is.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #162
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Good morning, MEK! Looking forward to the Epcot update this evening!
I am singing at a memorial mass this evening, but I am still hoping to get an update in when I get. The former bishop of wilmington, DE and the Eastern Shore of Md passed away last week. He was a patient of mine last spring and I really liked him. Seriously one of the most genuine people I have ever met. Truely humble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Aww, Mary Ellen! I was sorry to read your "fish that got away" story about the Beach Club Studio!

You seem to be smiling in a lot more pix this trip!

Kathy
It was a bit of a bummer, but what can you do? You can never be down to long in Disney!

I hope I continue to smile more. Honestly, I haven't looked at all of my pictures that closely, so we'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I am excited for your update tonight, MEK. I can't wait to see that Epcot picture!
Oh LL, I really hope I can get around to posting it. I will try really hard. Hopefully everything will be quiet at the home front when I get home from the memorial mass.

Continued next post (work computer alert - its acting up)

Old 10-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #163
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Me too!!

Good morning, MEK! Hope you have a great week!

- Katie
It's a coming, promise! Thanks for the good week wishes!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #164
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning fanatic mom View Post
DH tried to no avail to get that pic in SE. I can't wait to see what it is.
Really? Then I guess I was lucky to get it! Now I hope I can find it. I took so many pictures, but I'm pretty sure its in the group that I downloaded to photobucket!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #165
manntra
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to your SE picture too!
I didn't know about the overbooking either
WL looks like an amazing place to stay too...I have a desire to stay at all of them also but I have been stuck in the AKV rut!! I think I saw that you are going next May 2-7th? Those are my dates too!! Haven't been in May yet so it will be my first F&G

Tracy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: