Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #136
manntra
DIS Veteran

Hi Mary Ellen!

I was with you on your Kickin it at Kidani TR and am so happy you did another one. I just got back from Kidani (last night....grrrrr) and LOVED IT....have stayed at Jambo three times and I must say I really enjoyed the quaint feeling at Kidani...yes it is smaller but I liked that the lobby wasn't always teeming with people rushing through. Loved the pool ...awesome slide...won at Bingo we did a lot of pool breaks seeing that it was in the mid 90's every day.
Love your report so far....Pop looks like a really fun place to stay. Do you really think you got the same room twice? We ate at Sci-Fi and we were in the same car, same seat as I was in during my January trip with my other niece! I still had the pictures on my camera so I showed our car-hop waitress!
Oh and to go back to the beginning your DH's fish was
Love the HM pictures!

Tracy
Old 10-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #137
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Wow! Soarin' was a walk-on!!! I've never gone through the real queue either. Was it any different?

Looking forward to your update-love the pic with Goofy, you both look like you are having a great time!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #138
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I despise those black pellets. Kendall plays, and practices, on turf more often than not now and bleh! The boys like to roll around on the turf and it's like STOP! It completely sticks to the warmups especially...think I need to make the boys wear jeans to turf games.

I think all our HS and MS have at least one turf field , they just redid the field at Evans Elementary school and it has turf cut outs. Wild.
Supposedly the newest turf fields don't have as many black pellets. I guess the techonology in turf fields has recently made advances. Go figure! Our newest local high school has a turf playing field and a turf practice field. Nice. Turf in Elementary school???? Wow! Personally, my kids really like the Bermuda grass stadium fields. I guess they are the nicest.

Quote:

WTG Brian!

He was half kidding, but still....he was right!

Quote:

You need to do that more often! Great picture!!!!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Hi Mary Ellen!

I was with you on your Kickin it at Kidani TR and am so happy you did another one. I just got back from Kidani (last night....grrrrr) and LOVED IT
Hi Tracy ... Welcome Home and Welcome to my TR. Just Back last night!!!!!! Wow....sounds like you had an awesome time. Can't wait to read about it.

Quote:
..have stayed at Jambo three times and I must say I really enjoyed the quaint feeling at Kidani...yes it is smaller but I liked that the lobby wasn't always teeming with people rushing through. Loved the pool ...awesome slide...won at Bingo we did a lot of pool breaks seeing that it was in the mid 90's every day.

I will agree with you there - the lobby did always seem calm and relaxed. And the pool was awesome for mid afternoon breaks! Congrats on winning bingo!!!!

Quote:
Love your report so far....Pop looks like a really fun place to stay. Do you really think you got the same room twice? We ate at Sci-Fi and we were in the same car, same seat as I was in during my January trip with my other niece! I still had the pictures on my camera so I showed our car-hop waitress!
Pop was a lot of fun. Really a good value. I am 99% sure I was in the same room. In fact, I have to find my pictures from that trip to prove that I have the same shot from the front door. If I wasn't in that room, then I was 2 down. But I don't think so cause I remember being right near the stairs. I wish I could find my room map, but I'm pretty sure I tossed the old one.

I got the same table at the CMCafe once. It is funny when stuff like that happens.

Quote:
Oh and to go back to the beginning your DH's fish was
Love the HM pictures!
on the fish and on the Haunted mansion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Wow! Soarin' was a walk-on!!! I've never gone through the real queue either. Was it any different?
Hard to believe, but true. The queue looked exactly the same. It just went in the opposite direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Looking forward to your update-love the pic with Goofy, you both look like you are having a great time!
Thanks. We did have a blast!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #139
MEK
DIS Veteran

What do you mean that's double booking??????

After we watched Stormchasers and strolled around Innoventions we decided to start our leisurely walk over to the Beach Club for brunch. The park was empty. We had the whole world showcase to ourselves. I wanted to get some pictures of England and Canada, but by the time we hit Canada it was 10:45am. Time really does fly at Disney world. At the very least, I always feel like time takes on a different dimension when I'm there. I have to try very hard to pay attention to the clock or I would never know what time it was. It's a very weird phenomenon and I wonder if other people experience Disney time vs. Real world time.

I think Canada might be my favorite building:

How often do you get to take this picture without waiting for a kid to get out of the way?

My favorite resort (that I've never stayed in) awaits.........

We got to our ADR right on time. I really didn't want to be late because I wasn't sure how long they actually serve breakfast. A few other stragglers came in behind us. As we were waiting for our beeper to go off, the DVC man congratulated us on our anniversary and told us he had something to show us. Just then, our beeper went off, so he reminded us to come back after eating.

Now I should mention that wherever we went CM's wished us "Happy Anniversary". It was so cool. I was beginning to feel a tad special! Breakfast was yummy. I did not take a picture of my plate because I didn't want everyone to see what a pig I made of myself. I do know the one thing I really wanted here were the lox and bagels. Yum. When I was a kid I used to go to this Jewish deli and I would always order the Nova lox and bagels. That was my favorite sandwich when I wasn't on my eternal teenage diet. I knew the lox will fill my hankering for a lunch type food and I could still enjoy the breakfast choices.

The character interaction was great here.

Our waitress brought us out an anniversary card and two cupcakes:

We asked to have the cupcakes packaged to go because we were far too stuffed to eat them.

I really enjoyed taking pictures of the cute little old fashioned beach outfits:

I think I've seen Wig'd post a picture of this hallway, so I needed to venture there and take a few of my own pictures...

Of course, I had to sneak out the back and take a few pictures of SAB. I said to Denny, "Isn't this the coolest?????"

After we had nosed around a bit I told DH I wanted to go back into the lobby to make a phone call.

So we headed back through this door to the lobby:

I wanted to call member services and purchase our tickets for the Halloween party. I didn't want to wait until the end of the day because I was afraid I might forget. Noon is not the best time to call member services because of the long wait time, but I wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere.

While on hold, I took a few more pictures:

This one is through the glass:

The lobby:

I took all those pics from my very comfortable chair. After our party tickets were purchased the MS CM asked that one final question, "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Those were the words I was waiting to here. Before I knew it, it was out of my mouth, "Do you have any studios at the BC Villas tonight?". DH looked up from checking his stocks to give me the "evil" eye. She said, "Let me check". In all of ten seconds she returned to the phone to tell me there were available studios. I looked over at DH and he did not object. I said, "I'll take it". She said, "that will be 12 vacation points. Do I have your permission to borrow from your 2010 points?" I said "yes".

The next question was unexpected and threw me a bit, "Do you want the dining plan?". Silly, over anxious me said, "No. I already have the dining plan at Pop." She said, "Are you checking out of Pop?". I replied, "No".

She said, "I'm sorry. That is overbooking. I can not book the room for you". Whaaaaat? I felt so stupid. I said, "Really?". Honestly, I had no idea that a reservation on points and a paid reservation for one night would be overbooking. I apologized, but I felt like a smuck. Plus DH was giving me one of those "nan-ny, nan-ny, poo-poo" looks. She told me she could still cancel the transaction and put my points back in my 2010 use year. Good thing.

So, I was that close to staying at the Beach Club for one night. So close I could taste, I could smell, I could feel it. And in the blink of an eye the elusive BC was gone! I tried to pull myself together, but I still felt stupid.

After we got up, mr DVC man caught our attention and told us someone has a special message for us. It was Donald on the phone wishing us a happy anniversary. It was cute, but at the moment I wanted to cry. Oh well....I had to look at the bright side. At least I didn't have to go back to Pop and pack an overnight bag. DH looked at it like this, "That's the equivalent of $120 we save". (12 points x $10 point). Trust me, an overnight at the BC would definately have been worth 12 point to me.

So, LL, here is a beautiful chandilier for you:

When I return.....the rest of the afternoon at Epcot!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #140
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just adore Beach Club! Just what I needed to see on this dreary Kansas day.
I can't believe that you were so close to a night at the villas. UGH! Double booking what a headache!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #141
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Awwww, I was so excited for you to be able to stay at the Beach Club. What a bummer!! I would have been very sad!

Thanks for the beautiful light though. I need to get over there for sure!
Old 10-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #142
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great trip. Sorry that you couldn't stay in beach club for one one. My DD wants to stay there after going to breakfast at CMC. I might try to stay there in 2011 depending on when we go.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #143
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awwww...MEK I'm so sorry you weren't able to stay at BC!! I so want to stay there at some point!!!! I would have been very sad also!!! However I know you will be able to stay there someday!!!

I am however glad you had such a good meal and I'm glad that you were able to have some great character interaction!!!!

I am keeping an eye out for the January AP rates and I will let you know what we finally decide!!!!! We don't even know yet what we are doing LOL!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #144
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Oh, I'm sorry you weren't able to stay at BC that night!! I understand the double-booking policy, but come on?! Oh well - maybe gives you something to look forward to on another trip! I would love to stay there as well - it just looks SO peaceful and wonderful!

Old 10-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #145
faerieprincess
on the threshold of revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am going to post this picture to show you that I really DO know how to smile..........

Awwww Mary Ellen you're beautiful when you smile!

i'm sorry you didn't get to stay at the Beach Club - that's one of my dream resorts too. i don't really understand the double booking problem: if you're willing to pay for two rooms and only use one, you would think they'd be happy to let you?

i'm glad your breakfast went well, at any rate, and that your buttons are bringing you just the right amount of special attention

How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways! (Completed February 2009 TR)
A foolish promise finally kept - the PTR (Completed February 2009 PTR)
Old 10-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #146
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I have noticed the different time dimension at Disney as well -- I really think it moves differently there -- I wonder if Einstein would be able to explain the phenomenon.

Breakfast sounds wonderful at Beach Club -- I really want to try it one day!

Ah, what a disappointment for you, Mary Ellen!!! Did you at least promise yourself that you would stay there soon?
Old 10-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #147
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

What wonderful breakfast pictures. You look like you are having so much fun!

I have to admit, I don't get the double booking thing. I mean you paid for the room at Pop, they had a room available, why do they care if you pay twice? They are your points. It just doesn't really make any sense to me.

I'm sure you will stay there someday but oh, that must have just felt like one big tease!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #148
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just adore Beach Club! Just what I needed to see on this dreary Kansas day.
I can't believe that you were so close to a night at the villas. UGH! Double booking what a headache!
Glad I could help make a dreary day a little brighter. Did you know that about double booking????? I had NO idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Awwww, I was so excited for you to be able to stay at the Beach Club. What a bummer!! I would have been very sad!

Thanks for the beautiful light though. I need to get over there for sure!
Oh well - it just wasn't meant to be. If you haven't spent much time at the BC, I would highly recommend it. It is such a cool place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
Sounds like a great trip. Sorry that you couldn't stay in beach club for one one. My DD wants to stay there after going to breakfast at CMC. I might try to stay there in 2011 depending on when we go.
Hi jcrochet....Welcome! Oh, you will love the CMC and I hope you get a chance to stay at the BC. Now that I own DVC the only way I can justify staying there is on points, so one of these days I know I will get my chance and it will be so worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awwww...MEK I'm so sorry you weren't able to stay at BC!! I so want to stay there at some point!!!! I would have been very sad also!!! However I know you will be able to stay there someday!!!

I am however glad you had such a good meal and I'm glad that you were able to have some great character interaction!!!!
It was a tad of a bummer, but once we left and walked back into Epcot I really didn't think about it anymore. And you're right - I will get there someday. We had a really fun meal and the characters were great. I definately recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I am keeping an eye out for the January AP rates and I will let you know what we finally decide!!!!! We don't even know yet what we are doing LOL!!!!!
I predict that you guys won't know your final plans until a few weeks before the trip - that's part of the fun. I know you will get a killer AP rate somewhere. I just know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Oh, I'm sorry you weren't able to stay at BC that night!! I understand the double-booking policy, but come on?! Oh well - maybe gives you something to look forward to on another trip! I would love to stay there as well - it just looks SO peaceful and wonderful!
Yeah, I guess that double-booking policy is pretty strict. Oh well. It does give me something to look forward to, so I'm good! I can't wait until C (too excited to sleep) really gets into her TR because she stayed there for 10 days. I will live vicariously through her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerieprincess View Post
Awwww Mary Ellen you're beautiful when you smile!
Thanks. I am really trying to break that frowning habit!

Quote:
i'm sorry you didn't get to stay at the Beach Club - that's one of my dream resorts too. i don't really understand the double booking problem: if you're willing to pay for two rooms and only use one, you would think they'd be happy to let you?
That was my thinking. If I am willing to pay you points to stay in an unoccupied room, was the problem? I don't quite get that, but I guess there is a reason behind it. Maybe they are afraid you will give the unoccupied room to someone else? Not sure.

Quote:
i'm glad your breakfast went well, at any rate, and that your buttons are bringing you just the right amount of special attention
We got the buttons because I was trying to be a little dorky. I honestly did not know that those buttons would bring us so much attention. It was truely unexpected. I am not one of those people who go to Disney world expecting the red carpet treatment and I've never been disappointed in the past when I missed the dream team. But, wow....those buttons work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I have noticed the different time dimension at Disney as well -- I really think it moves differently there -- I wonder if Einstein would be able to explain the phenomenon.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes on "Disney time". Hmmmmmmm, too bad Einstein isn't around to explain this unique phenomenon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Breakfast sounds wonderful at Beach Club -- I really want to try it one day!

Ah, what a disappointment for you, Mary Ellen!!! Did you at least promise yourself that you would stay there soon?
Breakfast was yummy. I love the whole late breakfast, almost lunch thing because I usually eat lunch early. I am always starving by 11am.

I was thinking BC for my May trip. It was on the list of places I wanted to try. But I named VWL first and it was available. I snatched it up because I was afraid if I remained indecisive while they search BC I might end up with nothing. So since I want to try all the DVC resort, BC will have to wait for a future trip. But I also know if we do all meet up for a food and wine trip, if I plan right I might get to stay there a night or two!

Quote:
What wonderful breakfast pictures. You look like you are having so much fun!
We did have a blast there. I am so glad we did a character meal, because we missed our character meal in June because of LJ's rash. When I tried to rebook something else for LJ, everything was booked solid.

Quote:
I have to admit, I don't get the double booking thing. I mean you paid for the room at Pop, they had a room available, why do they care if you pay twice? They are your points. It just doesn't really make any sense to me.

I'm sure you will stay there someday but oh, that must have just felt like one big tease!
My thoughts exactly. I guess I should probably investigate the reason for no double booking. Someone here probably knows enough to comment.

It felt a bit like a tease, but mostly I just felt really stupid for not knowing the policy. You know how we Dis'ers get - we are used to knowing "everything", so when we learn something knew we feel overly dumb for not knowing it!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #149
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Hmmm I'd be curious why they wouldn't let you double book I mean they are getting more money out of the deal .... o well you can looked forward to staying at BC in the future!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #150
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I have no clue about the double booking thing. It may be a way to keep a person from using those few points to get the ddp for a day in the middle of a stay when you aren't using it otherwise. I'll bet many points are lost every year because there aren't enough for an entire stay....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: