Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Debonna
Mouseketeer

My Favorite "Eats" from Last Week's Visit

Spent Mon - Fri at WDW and here are some yummy things we enjoyed...

Pulled pork (BBQ) sandwich at Pecos Bill's (It was piled high with meat...I was STUFFED afterwards)

Dole Whip...goes without saying. Had it twice.

Fried chicken at Trail's End (same as served at HDDR)

Pooh's Puffed French Toast at Crystal Palace...Delicious! Not like French Toast at all...more like a doughnut or beignet (sp?).

Potato casserole (breakfast) at CP. Loved the crunchy topping.

Goofy's vegetable lasagna (breakfast) at Chef Mickey's. Unusual to serve at b'fast, but it was tasty. So was the cheesy hash brown casserole thingy.

Crab and spinach dip at Liberty Tree Tavern (very rich...doesn't leave much room for HUGE entrees to follow.)

Turkey meal (lunch) at LTT...enjoyed everything, except the green beans were cold and too garlicky.

Quesadilla plate from taqueria outside Mexico pavilion at Epcot. Black beans were yummy.

Ricotta Hazelnut Cheesecake from Mama Melrose's. Outstanding!

If you like grits, Contempo Cafe (CR) and Crystal Palace both are yummy. Very creamy and flavorful.

Hope this info helps. There's not much I didn't like, but then again, I'm not too picky. Pooh's breakfast lasagna (sweet bread pudding type dish) at CP was just plain weird. And last year, I LOVED the fish basket from Columbia Harbor House. Big disappointment this time around...smaller, overcooked pieces of fish. And the fries are smaller...no longer the large steak fries.
1992 – Howard Johnson (DTD/Hotel Plaza)
1993 – WDW College Program (CM at Pioneer Hall – FW)
1993 – Dixie Landings
1994 – 2002 – Offsite
2003 - Wedding at WDW Swan/Dolphin!
2003 - 2005 - Offsite
Thanksgiving 2008 – Offsite
Thanksgiving 2009 - Contemporary
Debonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonna View Post
Spent Mon - Fri at WDW and here are some yummy things we enjoyed...

Pulled pork (BBQ) sandwich at Pecos Bill's (It was piled high with meat...I was STUFFED afterwards)

Dole Whip...goes without saying. Had it twice.

Fried chicken at Trail's End (same as served at HDDR)

Pooh's Puffed French Toast at Crystal Palace...Delicious! Not like French Toast at all...more like a doughnut or beignet (sp?).

Potato casserole (breakfast) at CP. Loved the crunchy topping.

Goofy's vegetable lasagna (breakfast) at Chef Mickey's. Unusual to serve at b'fast, but it was tasty. So was the cheesy hash brown casserole thingy.

Crab and spinach dip at Liberty Tree Tavern (very rich...doesn't leave much room for HUGE entrees to follow.)

Turkey meal (lunch) at LTT...enjoyed everything, except the green beans were cold and too garlicky.

Quesadilla plate from taqueria outside Mexico pavilion at Epcot. Black beans were yummy.

Ricotta Hazelnut Cheesecake from Mama Melrose's. Outstanding!

If you like grits, Contempo Cafe (CR) and Crystal Palace both are yummy. Very creamy and flavorful.

Hope this info helps. There's not much I didn't like, but then again, I'm not too picky. Pooh's breakfast lasagna (sweet bread pudding type dish) at CP was just plain weird. And last year, I LOVED the fish basket from Columbia Harbor House. Big disappointment this time around...smaller, overcooked pieces of fish. And the fries are smaller...no longer the large steak fries.
Totally agree with you on the puffed french toast and potato casserole--a must for us every trip.
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

thanks for your tip, i must try the pulled pork at peco bills

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Riccotta hazelnut cheesecake ??? Holy Cow ! You just made my mind up to go there !! It sounds SOOOO yummy !!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
west&east
DIS Veteran

I am desparately trying to get into CP breakfast! Right now I have an ADR for lunch but the breakfast sounds soooooo good!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Jerry@dvcstore
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Yummy, I'm Hungry now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: