Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Big Vic
DIS Veteran

Month of October - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily03
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything.You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
timmac
DIS Veteran

I'm sitting here anxiously, waiting for tomorrow morning... 9AM the gun goes off for my second marathon!!!!!
timmac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
wdwprncess77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmac View Post
I'm sitting here anxiously, waiting for tomorrow morning... 9AM the gun goes off for my second marathon!!!!!
Best of luck to you!!!!!!!

wdwprncess77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
disneyrunningnut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmac View Post
Good Luck!!! We are all pulling for you. Here is some motivation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eXqAWjJ_dE

David

My Wish Journal

"To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the Gift" Steve Prefontaine
disneyrunningnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

How did it become October already?
mla1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
postesf
Keep Pushing

Ok. I'm going to try to get in early on this thread. I keep missing the beginning of the month and just can't catch up!

Have a great time on your mararthon tomorrow timmac!!!

BLISTER ??? I have one on my heel...really think. Some have recommended moleskin for it? I need to protect it for 10 miles on Sunday.

Stacie

OKW 2005 OKW 2006 POP 2008 POFQ 2008 SSR 2008
Check out Stacie's Weight Loss / 1/2 Marathon Journal
postesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
timmac
DIS Veteran

A full race report will be coming (probably not tonight, but we'll see...) in the "race reports and encouragement" thread, but I'll just say for now the race went very well. I'm sore as can be right now, but excited to start training for my next big race in four weeks.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
dsnyfan21
I'd rather be on Main Street in WDW!

timmac: Good Luck on your marathon!!

Stacie: Blister. ugh. I usualy pop mine and put Hydrogen peroxide on it to dry it up as soon as it can. Use Moleskin to cover it up. There is also something called 2nd skin which might work. I will usually just lather up some Bodyglide in that area and use my good wicking/padded socks. Hope someone else has some more or better advice.

Been a bit of a busy weekend for me.
Decided at the last minute Friday night that I wanted to get up and do my miles at the beach Saturday morning and that is what I did. And boy was it wonderful. Nice to change up the scenery once in a while. Getting there right at sunrise is my favorite thing.

And later on to the Miami versus Oklahoma game and what a game it was!!

The end was just soooooo electric in the stands and exiting Landshark Stadium. Hard to descibe.

Getting home around 1am and trying to get up this morning for my 10 miles was a bit hard. I did make it outside finally and the 10 miles are now checked off my "to do" list for training for the Spacecoast Half coming up in about 55 days.

Now its time for some NASCAR racing boys!! (and girls!)

-Racey Tracy
aka: Racey Tracy/Freckles Half Fanatic #299
07,08,09,10,11,13, 14WDW Half Marathon 12 WDW Full!! 13GOOFY08,09,10,11,12Miami ING Half Marathon 08A1A Ft. Lauderdale Half Mararthon 08Last WDW Minnie 15K 09,10,11,12,13,14WDW Princess Half 08/10DL Half Marathon &CtoC Medal 09Last Race for the Taste 10K 10,11,13 W&D Half 12ToT10miler 09/10/11/12,13Spacecoast Half Marathon 13 MCM 10K, 13 Celebration Half
First Visit to Walt Disney World 1972
dsnyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
Hockeychic
Dopey 2013...Yah baby

Wow I know crazy eh? How can it be October already!!!

Tracy great photos!!!!!

Timmac how did the marathon go?
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #10
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Can I join in? My mom and I have decided to do the princess marathon in march. Right now our aim is the 5K. We are going to make a final decision my december so we can get the personalized bibs.
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #11
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

I will also jump in early and see if I can keep up with this thread! How can it be October already, where did the summer go?????
Old 10-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #12
timmac
DIS Veteran

Here's the link to my "official" race report:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...66&postcount=4
Old 10-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #13
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

timmac- Congratulations on the marathon. I'll check out the report.

I am looking forward to the rest of October. The weather up here is usually perfect for running (when it isn't raining) and I will finally get to put that 26.2 sticker on the car (fingers crossed).

I forgot to post it on the race thread but I had a 5k last weekend. With the RnR VA Beach and Philly halves I didn't do any local races for the entire month. I managed my 4th best time in a 5k so far, 18:50. I have another race on the same course in 2 weeks so I am going to shoot for a PR. It will depend on how my long runs go between now and then.

Another reason I love October is all the Halloween themed runs. This weekend I have a run through a cemetery down in Akron. It is hilly and hard but I did it last year and had a blast. I have a wedding that day and thought I would miss it but the ceremony is at 1:00 so I'm good.

Good running/jogging/walking all.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
mandac
Mouseketeer

October already! It is hard to believe.

Tracy - I would love it if I had views like that to run by! I do have the mountains, but somehow the beach just seems oh so nice.

timmac - congrats on the marathon!

AFM: I am trying to find a new race to sign up for to keep myself motivated. I loved the DL half at the end of summer, but unfortunately I don't have the money to make it out to a race at DW, so I am looking out here in the West. I was considering the Palm Springs Half Marathon in February (I probably need that much time to get back into race shape). I will have to see if the DH would be up for a trip to California in February, but I think it should work. There just are not many races in Utah (at least not the northern half) during the winter to keep me going!

Last edited by mandac; 10-07-2009 at 09:57 AM.
mandac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Mandac have you looked into the marathons at disneyland? I'm not sure when they are, but I have read something about them somewhere.

How do ya'll stay motivated to walk/jog everyday? I have to be at work at 6:30am so the morning is out. And most times if I go after dinner I am wide awake until 11 or so. When/where do ya'll typically walk/jog? Now that the weather is cooling off I've thought about stopping at the trails that are on my home from work, but it's a 35 minute drive I don't really want to make on my days off.
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: