Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #31
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

It all looks good so far. Well, except for the lemon thingy you got on the airplane. Can't wait to see more!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #32
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are excellent; I'm loving your report so far. Thanks for taking the time to post!
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #33
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh....my. Krispy Kreme! They closed all the ones by us and I miss them so much. I could just grab one off the screen and have myself a piece of heaven.
They closed them?? Krispy Kreme is

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
It all looks good so far. Well, except for the lemon thingy you got on the airplane. Can't wait to see more!
More coming up right now!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #34
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovieMom View Post
Your pictures are excellent; I'm loving your report so far. Thanks for taking the time to post!
I am glad you joined us! More reviews coming right up!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #35
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
They closed them?? Krispy Kreme is

Yes, they closed them all (there may be one in the South Suburbs). But they closed the one at the train station that I got off at and would pick up on my way to the office. I was very depressed to say the least. Now my choice is Dunkin Donuts -- YUK!
Old 10-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #36
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, Aug 17

Dinner at Outback Steakhouse

We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant buffet again and since our plates looked exactly the same as the day before we did not take any photos.

We left the hotel early and started our drive towards Key West. Once you leave the mainland the scenery is just amazing!

There were many stops along the way to take in the beauty of the drive there. It was close to 3pm when we finally arrived at Key West. I had decided last minute to change hotels and we were SO glad we did!

I know this is about dining, but I just have to share a few photos of the hotel - it was just amazing!

The balcony runs around the room.

We were on the 3rd floor and it is the building on the right.

View from the room by day

and at night!

Okay, back to the food!

Once we had settled in we went to Publix to stock up on a few more groceries (let's say it out loud, Coke, beer and wine ) and decided to try the Outback Steakhouse, which was right next door, for dinner.
I had done my homework and researched which restaurants would be nice there and the Outback Steakhouse had a tempting online menu.

We were seated right away and handed a menu. It was rather dark and it took me a while to read it, so while I was still reading the waiter took our drinks order, two diet cokes.

Together with the Cokes he brought out the bread and butter. The bread was really soft and warm. It tasted so different to the usual bread and we were hungry, so we both really dug in. There was a whole loaf and as you can see we had already attacked the bread when I remembered to take the photo.

On to our starter:

We ordered a Bloomin’ Onion. A true Outback original. Their special onion is hand-carved by a dedicated bloomologist, cooked until golden and ready to dip into their spicy signature bloom sauce.
It actually cannot be compared to onion rings. The whole onion is coated in batter and fried! The bottom was a bit greasy but the the "petals" were crisp and filled with sweet juicy onion.
The photo does not do it justice - this thing is HUGE!!! I mean 4 people can easily snack on this. We did not even finish half of it!

Once he had brought out the onion the waiter took our main course orders.

Tom ordered the Outback Special. Their signature 9 oz. sirloin, seasoned with bold spices and seared just right and topped with their Lobster & Mushroom Topping. It came with two sides and Tom decided on Fries and veggies.
Let me start with the steak and topping - I had a bite and this was GOOD!! I mean really tasty and melt in your mouth, cooked to order steak. The fries were your regular fries, but there were fresh veggies, which actually still had a crunch to it. He cleaned his plate!!

I had the Victoria’s Filet, the most tender and juicy thick cut filet, cooked to order, which comes with two sides as well. I chose a baked potato with butter and sour cream and the veggies as well. The steak was seasoned very well and cooked to perfection. You could have cut it with a fork tender! The baked potato was ....... well, a baked potato! Actually I would have gotten a clean plate sticker there as well. It was so good!

We were too stuffed to have dessert and went back to the resort to enjoy some time out on our balcony overlooking the ocean.
Needless to say you need a little drink while sitting out on the balcony - mine was extra special!

We had picked up a bottle of Silverado Sauvignon Blanc. I just LOVE this TRUE Disney wine being produced by Diane Disney's family. We visited the winery in 2006 and ever since if we can get hold of this wonderful wine we get a bottle. (It was NOT the only bottle of Silverado we had)

Tom had a little "liquid" to celebrate this great hotelroom with too!

Coming up next - breakfast at the Southernmost Cafe at the beach.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #37
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Yes, they closed them all (there may be one in the South Suburbs). But they closed the one at the train station that I got off at and would pick up on my way to the office. I was very depressed to say the least. Now my choice is Dunkin Donuts -- YUK!
That is such a shame! You are right .. once you had a Krispy Kreme , Dunkin just can't compare with it!

Old 10-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #38
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Great reviews, coming from Austria Tom is a brave man to drink a Miller Genuine Draft ...oh to get back to Salzburg and return to the Augustiner Brau.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #39
slk537
Sigh...other than WDW, if I could actually live anywhere else, it would be at our SuperTarget
I can't sleep with the tag on top
I guess I have comforter issues!

I am SO in!!! I love your reviews - keep it coming!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #40
Quacktatty
DIS Veteran

I just had the very same dinner as you from Outback tonight!! Looking forward to more.
Previous Trips: DL and WDW numerous times on and off-site as a child, 1999 High School trip to WDW, played on stage at Cosmic Ray's and in DTD. 3/03 - 1 Day in MK, 10/03 - ASMovies, 1/07 - 7 nights POFQ, 9/08 - 6 nights AKL, 10/09 - 10 nights POP/AKL, 5/10 - 5 nights POFQ, 10/10 - 7 nights AKL, 11/11 - 5 nights DLR (HoJo)

Trip Reports: May 2010, October 2009, September 2008, January 2007

Dining Reviews:October 2010, May 2010, October 2009, September 2008

Quacktatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #41
Jaimie1911
Earning My Ears

Smile

Thanks so much for the Key West reviews. I will be there next week on my honeymoon and we are also staying at Southernmost on the Beach. Now I'm even more excited!!!

1987 1991--offsite 1993--CBR
1995 1996 1998 2002 2005--POR (Dixie Landings)
2008--CBR 2009--AKL honeymoon
2010--Pop 2011--POFQ
Jaimie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:46 AM   #42
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
Great reviews, coming from Austria Tom is a brave man to drink a Miller Genuine Draft ...oh to get back to Salzburg and return to the Augustiner Brau.
You are so right about the Miller Genuine Draft He called it his beer flavoured water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slk537 View Post
I am SO in!!! I love your reviews - keep it coming!
I am glad you found us! More reviews coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacktatty View Post
I just had the very same dinner as you from Outback tonight!! Looking forward to more.
Hope you liked your dinner as much as we did! More reviews coming up right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimie1911 View Post
Thanks so much for the Key West reviews. I will be there next week on my honeymoon and we are also staying at Southernmost on the Beach. Now I'm even more excited!!!
Congratulations on getting married!!

You are so going to love the Southernmost on the Beach!! We could not get an oceanfront room in the first place, so we were actually booked at the Reach Resort. Then, a few weeks before our vacation the oceanfront room opened up and we just cancelled the Reach Resort and booked Southernmost! We were SO GLAD we did!
The room was brand new and so spacious! The service is wonderful and the view is incredible! The staff is SO friendly!!!!!!
As for food - the Southernmost Cafe on the beach is just wonderful. It's open on three sides and the view of the ocean is fantastic and so is the food !
Review of our Southernmost Cafe breakfast is coming up right now!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:01 AM   #43
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 4, Aug 18

Breakfast at the Southernmost Cafe on the Beach

Today was our day to explore Key West, so we needed a good breakfast to get us through some of the day!

So we just just went past the pool and down to the beach to the Southernmost Cafe on the Beach.

Tom had some coffee and some orange juice and I ordered some hot tea and orange juice as well.

Tom ordered the Crab and Shrimp Omelet, lots of succulent claw meat & juicy grilled shrimp in a fluffy three-egg omelet with Hollandaise sauce, house potatoes and buttered toast. It was as good as it sounds! Very light and fluffy omelet filled with A LOT of claw meat and shrimp. The potatoes were well flavoured and toast is just what it is buttered toast.

I went for The One, two scrambled eggs, bacon, house potatoes, buttered toast & jelly. Very fluffy and creamy eggs, crispy bacon and yummy potatoes. I had one piece of toast with my eggs and bacon and the other one with grape jelly. Yum!

After that breakfast we were ready to conquer Key West!

Last edited by dizneeat; 10-04-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:08 AM   #44
lindsey clare
Mouseketeer

awesome reviews! i have just discovered the dining reviews area of the boards and i am loving it
lindsey clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #45
tink6137130
Mouseketeer

Love your review! Thanks for sharing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: