Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #151
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

WOW what a beautiful brunch! So much to choose from.
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #152
KatMark
DIS Veteran

All I can say is Oh My God!
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2009, 12:19 AM   #153
NuttyDisneyMom
Born and raised in WDW for 23 years:) Now we visit as often as possible!

I agree with Kat! Where's the drooling smilie????? OMG YUMMO!!!!
NuttyDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 AM   #154
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
WOW what a beautiful brunch! So much to choose from.
The buffet was HUGE and EVERYTHING looked so inviting! This was truely amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
All I can say is Oh My God!
And you haven't even seen it all! It was so worth the 15 dollars extra to eat there! The food tasted as wonderful as it looked! Have I convinced you now that you need to take a Disney cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyDisneyMom View Post
I agree with Kat! Where's the drooling smilie????? OMG YUMMO!!!!
Wait until you see it closer up and the rest of it! It was devine! And it is such a relaxing experience, they do NOT rush you at all! Can't wait for next August when we'll repeat the experience!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #156
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Oh these reviews make me want to do a Disney Cruise!! We're doing Carnival in February (I suggested Disney, but the look I got! So I dropped it!) I hope it's half as good!!!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #157
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

joining...

I can not believe all that food at Palo brunch!!! And yum - I'm totally getting the Beef foccacia melt at WPE & the breakfast one (if I get up early enough). GREAT photos and review - thank you!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #158
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
You...Are....Killing....Me....

This is not fair! I must eat that food NOW! Do you think DH would notice if I go AWOL for a week so I can cruise without him??

And that was only the savory selection!! Loads of desserts are still to follow!

Just show Todd the food and tell him you want to try all that!! But DON'T tell him that there is NO changing restaurants (only if you want to change to CS!)

Oh, by the way, what the heck does AWOL mean - remember, English is NOT my first language, so some things are hard to figure out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Oh these reviews make me want to do a Disney Cruise!! We're doing Carnival in February (I suggested Disney, but the look I got! So I dropped it!) I hope it's half as good!!!
You are going to have so much fun on your cruise, don't worry! But I have one big request to ask you ............... when you embark on your cruise, please wave to MY ship, blow it a kiss and tell it that we will be back SOON!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
joining...

I can not believe all that food at Palo brunch!!! And yum - I'm totally getting the Beef foccacia melt at WPE & the breakfast one (if I get up early enough). GREAT photos and review - thank you!
Welcome! It's wonderful to have you here!

Oh, and that's only half the fun of eating at Palo - there is a HUGE dessert selection as well. I will have photos of it in the second part of my review, which is coming up in a few more minutes!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #159
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Still Day 12, Aug 26

Well, where did I leave off? Oh, yes, Michele was showing us the buffet!

We were now left to choose what we wanted to start with!

When we came back to the table they had folded our napkins again. Sorry this is so blurry, but they removed them for you so you could place your plate, so I had to be very quick with my camera!

My first plate! Let's start with the Foccacia bread, which was to die for and go clockwise. Next to it is Hummus, which was SO good and the white stuff is some cream cheese stuff, reminded me of Boursin cheese. Then there is Duckbreast and Bressaola under the spoon, which had salmon mousse on it - disneyliscious!!!
white asparagus and green asparagus wrapped in Parma ham and Hollandaise. Both were just cooked to the point and were SO good. Then there is an Olive Roll, smoked salmon and chilled shrimp! Everything tasted as good as it looked!!

Here are two views of Tom's first plate! He had some of the same stuff I had and he tried the scallops, the prosciutto wrapped melons, smoked trout and a bloody mary with baby shrimp!

Tom's bread selection - Olive Rolls and Foccacia!

We shared a cheese plate! These were all the cheeses that Michele had recommended, but PLEASE, don't ask me any names.

As you can see, the bread was SO good, we had to go back for more. There is a dinner roll, crisp on the outside and very soft on the inside, another Foccacia and some bread that was filled with blue cheese and walnuts - sooooooooo good!

Once we had finished our plates, Michele came over to ask for our choice of hot entree.

We asked him if he would mind having his picture taken with us and he sat down with us, causing his fellow servers to ask him if he wanted a glass of Prosecco and what HE would like for HIS main dish. After a lot of laughter, he got up and took our orders.

Mary Ellen ordered the Pancakes and Joe had a Pepperoni Pizza - sorry no photo of it. He dug in before we could get the photo!

I LOVE Eggs Benedict, so this is what I ordered.

Tom couldn't decide between the Chicken Parmeggiano and the Veal Saltimbocca, so he left it to Michele to decide for him.

Here is the Chicken Parmeggiano, a very tasty and generous dish and guess what ..........

Michele brought him the Veal Saltimbocca as well!!! We all shared a little bit of it and it was melt in your mouth tender and SO tasty!

We were stuffed by then, but Michele insisted we get some dessert. So here is the selection!

Apart from that there were breakfast pastries and lots of different kinds of danish.

Starting at 6 o'clock with the white creampuff, which was filled with vanilla cream, then there was some chocolate cream pot, which was very light and creamy, just like a creme brulee, just without the burnt sugar. Next to it is a chocolate mousse. I can't remember what the name of this was, but it was a very light cream with a fruit coulis on top. So nice! Next is a coffee mousse and a chocolate dipped strawberry!

I also had a heavenly Tiramisu!

Tom had the same things as I had, plus he had a meringe pie as well.

Mary Ellen's plate.

Okay, I guess that gives you a little impression of the Palo Brunch buffet! We all enjoyed it VERY much and were SO stuffed when we left! We went back to our staterooms, got changed and Tom and I went to hand out the last round of Fish extender gifties before we all went to explore a bit more of the ship.

Next up - Martini tasting! and dinner at Palo

Old 10-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #160
MrsSpratt
I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I think that may be my concept of a perfect day...Brunch at Palo....Martini Tasting...Dinner at Palo....YUMMY!

Can't wait to hear about it all!

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

ps - AWOL is Absent WithOut Leave. It is a military term for not being where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there!

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281
MrsSpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #161
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpratt View Post
I think that may be my concept of a perfect day...Brunch at Palo....Martini Tasting...Dinner at Palo....YUMMY!

Can't wait to hear about it all!

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

ps - AWOL is Absent WithOut Leave. It is a military term for not being where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there!
That WAS the perfect day - Palo, Martini Tasting, a picture perfect Disney theatrical production of Disney Dreams (be sure to bring tissues!) and another visit to Palo! ........ and I was one happy bunny!!

Thanks for filling me in on AWOL!! You have NO idea HOW MANY different versions we came up with and NONE of them made sense!!!

Old 10-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #162
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Ok thats it, I am taking my toys and going home...you are an evil Disney food temptress and I have to go make dinner now and it is nothing like what you had on your cruise so I am miserable

If I went on that cruise and ate all that wonderful insanely delicious food I would SINK THE SHIP!

So with that being said....whats next?

And thanks Mrs. Spratt for explaining AWOL....I was going to say Absent With Out Lunch Just kidding!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 PM   #163
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Ok thats it, I am taking my toys and going home...you are an evil Disney food temptress and I have to go make dinner now and it is nothing like what you had on your cruise so I am miserable

If I went on that cruise and ate all that wonderful insanely delicious food I would SINK THE SHIP!

So with that being said....whats next?

And thanks Mrs. Spratt for explaining AWOL....I was going to say Absent With Out Lunch Just kidding!
Okay, Nic (and Karin). I just said to Mark that Nic and I were ditching him and Todd and going on this cruise next year. He just looked at me and rolled his eyes and then said and I QUOTE: "You can't. You and Nic would never survive as there is NO Starbucks on the cruise ship and in the port of calls. And you two would NEVER survive without your Starbucks." That was his way of saying, after seeing the desserts that I showed him from the post, that no way in he** was I going without him.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #164
jeminni
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Wow Karin, Palo's brunch is to die for.

One question: what is on the spoon on Tom's plate? Oh and I love eggs benedict too, that looks heavenly.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:00 AM   #165
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

What a fantastic looking brunch! Those desserts... I can't wait to go on a cruise one day.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: