Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
BBQMonster
Mouseketeer

Biergarten for lunch or dinner?

Hi,

We are making our dining reservations for May, and although we have been to Disney many times, we have never eaten at the Biergarten. Any opinions on the food, and the overall experience (including communal dining and entertainment)? Also, we are wondering if it is better for lunch or dinner?

Thanks for any input!

BBQMonster
BBQMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMonster View Post
Hi,

We are making our dining reservations for May, and although we have been to Disney many times, we have never eaten at the Biergarten. Any opinions on the food, and the overall experience (including communal dining and entertainment)? Also, we are wondering if it is better for lunch or dinner?

Thanks for any input!

BBQMonster
Biergarten is a lot of fun, I personally love to meet new people so i really liked the communal seating. Many ppl complain about it thou, so its about personal choice. The band was quite entertaining, and the atmosphere is very nice. I've been for lunch and thought the food was decent, not excellent mind you. But good enough. I dont think there's a huge difference with the lunch and dinner food....but the rule of thumb is this: If your on the DP, go for dinner (you get your $ worth). if your paying OOP, go for lunch.

Its a fun/good experience, a must do at least once. But i personally dont think i'd go back for a while. The meat textures is what killed it for me.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
BBQMonster
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your input! I think we will try it...maybe for lunch, since we are paying for it, and I'm not sure we will like the seating arrangement.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
mackiemom3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMonster View Post
Hi,

Thanks for any input!

BBQMonster
It will be a very heavy lunch. We wait and eat it there @ the end of the day. Good German Beer and heavy food that puts me in a food coma every time!
mackiemom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
asemaria
Mouseketeer

We have booked Biergarten for dinner in March. Can't wait to try it out!
WDW 2012 POFQ
DCL Fantasy Western Carribean april 2012
asemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

We have done both lunch and dinner and enjoyed both. The place was a lot more empty at lunch, so we ended up having our own table for just the 4 of us. The entertainment was the same...meaning great, though fairly brief...at both. A few items were missing from the lunch buffet, most notably the sauerbraten, which was pretty tasty and one of my favorite items on the buffet. I didn't really miss it too much at lunch, though, since there were many other items to savor. We were shocked both times at how absolutely scrumptious the desserts were!

We were on the dining plan last trip, and we didn't think Biergarten was the greatest value for a TS credit, that's why we chose to do lunch and pay OOP. We have decided that it is fantastic OOP value and a must-do for lunch every trip. Now DH and I have about 7 months to learn to polka!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Gailpi
Earning My Ears

Heavy food. So we prefer a late lunch or early dinner so we can walk it off. Great beer, of course!
Gailpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
BBQMonster
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for your input. We are rethinking lunch there at the Biergarten and may change to dinner. Sounds fun either way, and we can't wait to give it a try!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
OKWJan
Mouseketeer

If you book a late lunch and take your time eating, you can sample both much and dinner items. Not too many changes, but some. For dinner they have sauerbraten, which my mom loves.
OKWJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
WDW Lover
Mouseketeer

Lunch Lunch Baby

Go for the lunch - eat near the change-over to dinner... if you eat a lot at lunch, you have way more time to walk it off! The entertainment and food is the same - at least what I have noticed in the past. Pay less and receive the same food and entertainment by going at lunchtime.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: