Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #91
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)
 
Boardwalk_bride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
Now I'm bouncing back & forth on the flower idea...while I LOVE the echo friendly vases w/ fruit, it's alot of extra work the day of the ceremony. We'd have to transport all the vases, and then put them together that day. As it is, we have alot to do that day. IF I go with the quote from the florist, which is reasonable, that's less I have to do, PLUS they deliver to us. All we'd have to do it put the centerpieces on the tables and hang some garland on the fireplace. Is the extra $200 that I would have saved doing them myself worth it? Not sure. I'll get to the house, at 2pm and the ceremony starts at 3:30. Just thinking it's too much to do and we have so much already on our plates...still on the fence. Oye vey!
Is there anyone else who would be willing to help you out? I also love the eco-friendly option...I wanted to have a "green" wedding, but I figured I gave that up by going to disney (having people drive an hour to an airport, than to another country isn't very sustainable )

However, if the price is right with the flowers, and you think it will save you a headache, maybe it will be worth it?

When I was planning my fake fall wedding (since I don't actually get one ) I was thinking I would use those pre-made centerpieces at Michaels.



Not sure if it is your style, but I love it!! Just thought I would throw more options out there for you!!!
__________________
Boardwalk_bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #92
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,384

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
Is there anyone else who would be willing to help you out? I also love the eco-friendly option...I wanted to have a "green" wedding, but I figured I gave that up by going to disney (having people drive an hour to an airport, than to another country isn't very sustainable )

However, if the price is right with the flowers, and you think it will save you a headache, maybe it will be worth it?

When I was planning my fake fall wedding (since I don't actually get one ) I was thinking I would use those pre-made centerpieces at Michaels.



Not sure if it is your style, but I love it!! Just thought I would throw more options out there for you!!!
I've seen those pumpkins, I personally LOVED it, but the DP did not. Her ONLY request, was to not fall into the "Country Wedding Look" and I have to respect that. She wanted to keep it elegant...that said, I think having flowers at each table would work out. We will have several people (Family) helping, but we have alot to to. We have 1.5 hrs to get 8 tables ready, set up 50 chairs for the ceremony, hang garland, set up the Candy Buffet, do the present & cake tables, set up the place setting table, AND get ready ourselves!! I'm hoping to have my hair done early that day, so I can get to the house and just hit it full force...leaving me 40 minutes to get ready, calm down and have a glass of wine! Oye vey stressing already and its' less than a year!! I need to get over it!
__________________
soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #93
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!
 
figment fan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: seabrook NH
Posts: 2,117

Hmmm... this is a good point. I dont know what i'd do. If its only 200$ i might go for the flowers. Then again i'm a control freak and would want to make sure everything was how i wanted it and might do the fruit/vase/crystals on my own. hahaha
__________________
figment fan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #94
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,569

hmmm...

if i was there - i'd help out!!

The last thing you need to be doing on your wedding day is running around doing everything and setting up- you both need to be relaxing and having fun. Its great that family will be helping out, at least you will be able to get it done quicker!

You must choose what the easiest and cheapest way is
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #95
Saraheg2107
Mouseketeer
 
Saraheg2107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 100

Hello!

Since we are wedding twins (yeah for 10/10/10 brides!) and both doing a Fall theme I had to chime in!

We are doing the edible centerpieces. We are actually having our ceremony at 10:30 in the morning and then having a brunch reception (cause honestly, breakfast is our favorite meal of the day! ). The base color is going to be chocolate brown, and then those beautiful fall colors are going to be our accents. I have the base idea of what we are going to do, we are going to have glass jars on the tables and fill them with green apples. Then I want to have a few votives spread out around them. This is the part I can't decide on, I'm either going to get some ribbon in a burnt orange or so to wrap around the jar a few times and have the table number affixed on that, or after the apples are in the jars I am going to fill in the empty spots in the jar with coffee beans (I thought that might be nice since we are having brunch). I'm thinking if we do the coffee idea then we will have the nice aroma, and the boquets and all will really pop next to them on the tables. I just can't decide! But we are going to save money by doing these ourselves, and a day before the wedding so they can just be delivered to the venue.

I love the readings that you picked for your children, very sweet, and they seem to have a meaning for each child which makes it even more special.

I love your song also. That is not anything that I ever would have thought of, but reading the lyrics, its beautiful. Right now we are most likely going to be using Your Song by Elton John.

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live.

If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you.

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world.

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on.

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen.


I'm sure once you have everything figured out it will be beautiful!
__________________
Saraheg2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #96
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,384

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
hmmm...

if i was there - i'd help out!!

The last thing you need to be doing on your wedding day is running around doing everything and setting up- you both need to be relaxing and having fun. Its great that family will be helping out, at least you will be able to get it done quicker!

You must choose what the easiest and cheapest way is
How sweet, I'm sure you would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
Hmmm... this is a good point. I dont know what i'd do. If its only 200$ i might go for the flowers. Then again i'm a control freak and would want to make sure everything was how i wanted it and might do the fruit/vase/crystals on my own. hahaha
I know, and trust me, I TOO am a control freak, but looking at the TIGHT time frame we're under, I'm leaning towards letting the florist do it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraheg2107 View Post
Hello!

Since we are wedding twins (yeah for 10/10/10 brides!) and both doing a Fall theme I had to chime in!

We are doing the edible centerpieces. We are actually having our ceremony at 10:30 in the morning and then having a brunch reception (cause honestly, breakfast is our favorite meal of the day! ). The base color is going to be chocolate brown, and then those beautiful fall colors are going to be our accents. I have the base idea of what we are going to do, we are going to have glass jars on the tables and fill them with green apples. Then I want to have a few votives spread out around them. This is the part I can't decide on, I'm either going to get some ribbon in a burnt orange or so to wrap around the jar a few times and have the table number affixed on that, or after the apples are in the jars I am going to fill in the empty spots in the jar with coffee beans (I thought that might be nice since we are having brunch). I'm thinking if we do the coffee idea then we will have the nice aroma, and the boquets and all will really pop next to them on the tables. I just can't decide! But we are going to save money by doing these ourselves, and a day before the wedding so they can just be delivered to the venue.

I love the readings that you picked for your children, very sweet, and they seem to have a meaning for each child which makes it even more special.

I love your song also. That is not anything that I ever would have thought of, but reading the lyrics, its beautiful. Right now we are most likely going to be using Your Song by Elton John.

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live.

If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you.

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world.

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on.

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen.


I'm sure once you have everything figured out it will be beautiful!
Sarah, CONGRATS! Yeah for 10/10/10!! Love your ideas, I wish DP would go for some of them. I can't wait to see pics! I LOVE that song, always have, its' SO romantic!
__________________
soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #97
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,110

Oh I didn't know you started a PJ!! It's hiding on the COMPLETED trip reports page

I'm loving everything. Oh The Places You'll Go is one of my favorites! A good friend gave me that book for high school graduation and I still have it!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #98
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,384

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Yeah, I'm hiding (such a dork!) I loved the poem too and it just fits us perfect.
__________________
soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #99
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,384

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Can this be TRUE?? I found a DJ online, in my area. Says he has 12 years experience and I spoke w/ him about a good 30 min. Was very impressed. He quoted us, 4 hrs, 2 cordless microphones to use, lighting for the dancing, he'll do requests, ALL the special songs we want, he has...and, drum roll please....

$400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #100
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,569

Sold!!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #101
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,384

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
Sold!!
My thoughts EXACTLY!!! He really impressed me on the phone. He emailed me the forms to fill out, what songs we want and when, all that stuff. He really seems very nice and professional. We REALLY wanted a DJ but didn't think we could afford one...but at THIS price, I'd be crazy to pass this by! Guessing we'll get the $100 deposit to him soon and sign a contract! He also does video too, I"m asking him IF we do video also, does he give a package deal?? Who knows!
__________________
soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #102
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,569

yeah why not ask!?

It sounds great, and if you can find a way to squeeze it in, it will be worth it!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #103
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love
 
soulmates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North of Saratoga Springs
Posts: 2,384

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
yeah why not ask!?

It sounds great, and if you can find a way to squeeze it in, it will be worth it!
I just got a response from him saying they can do it, but no quote. So I replied back asking for a quote and reminding him, our ceremony is going to be very short...no attendants, no walking in parents and so on. Just 3 readings and our vows. Hopefully they can cut us a deal!!
__________________
soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #104
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!
 
Bolanette87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 10,527

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
I just got a response from him saying they can do it, but no quote. So I replied back asking for a quote and reminding him, our ceremony is going to be very short...no attendants, no walking in parents and so on. Just 3 readings and our vows. Hopefully they can cut us a deal!!
Never hurts to ask about a deal...! We've saved a LOT just through asking. If you just say: "Is that your best price?" they'll drop it a bit mostly just because you asked! Thats certainly been the case with us!

Bob xoxoox
__________________
Bolanette87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #105
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!
 
figment fan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: seabrook NH
Posts: 2,117

Oh WOW! thats a good deal on the DJ! Good job hun!
__________________
figment fan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DVC; dining plan and military discounts ??? starstruck93 DVC Member Services 32 05-11-2010 10:53 PM
Sometimes the Best Plan is to Forget the Plan!! princess_momma Completed Trip Reports 974 02-23-2010 12:12 PM
Girls-Only Trip ~ Old planning thread, see first post for new link mommaU4 Disneyland (California) 3823 11-23-2009 12:40 AM
The Fab Four Hit WDW! Updated: This Time Next Week Posts! DreaGirl Completed Trip Reports 436 10-27-2009 09:41 AM
You there! Put down those planning guides! Our Honeymoon Oct. 5-10 PTR carps09 Completed Trip Reports 22 10-01-2009 01:31 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: