Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #76
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

loving the save the dates ...'STDS!' tehehe!

i really think you should include pumpkins in your day somehow, whether they be in the centerpieces or placed somewhere in the house ... or even a few placed outside on them steps? Do you have a 'pumpkin patch' near you? We can only buy from supermarkets over here, but this year i grew my own pumpkin...its average size.. but is still green!! hahaa! They can be quite expensive, but sometimes you can find bargains and get huge ones for like £2!

Sorry to bombard with ideas but this whole fall theme gets me excited!!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #77
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
loving the save the dates ...'STDS!' tehehe!

i really think you should include pumpkins in your day somehow, whether they be in the centerpieces or placed somewhere in the house ... or even a few placed outside on them steps? Do you have a 'pumpkin patch' near you? We can only buy from supermarkets over here, but this year i grew my own pumpkin...its average size.. but is still green!! hahaa! They can be quite expensive, but sometimes you can find bargains and get huge ones for like £2!

Sorry to bombard with ideas but this whole fall theme gets me excited!!
No, I LOVE the ideas Stacey...that's a great idea. Thanks!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #78
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
Here are my Save the Dates! My scanning isn't the best, but you get the idea! The cards are on very nice cream color card stock, and the lettering is in gold. We've since changed our minds on the positioning of the C's...Christy liked the C's looking like this, CC. So when my friend prints them up next month, I'll upload the final product.

I Love the STD! (hehehe i had the same reaction when i first saw that )

And i love the idea of different fruit on each table. thats how you could do place cards!!! Like Mr and mrs. so and so over to the Cranberry table and have their place card cranberry colored. O0o0o0o the gears are turning!!!

i dont know what those ice looking things are on the bottom but there are those gel ball things at craft store that you can put on the bottom.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #79
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
I Love the STD! (hehehe i had the same reaction when i first saw that )

And i love the idea of different fruit on each table. thats how you could do place cards!!! Like Mr and mrs. so and so over to the Cranberry table and have their place card cranberry colored. O0o0o0o the gears are turning!!!

i dont know what those ice looking things are on the bottom but there are those gel ball things at craft store that you can put on the bottom.
VERY cute idea. Thanks about the gel tip, bet I can find them at Michaels. My plan for place cards, was to do something like, "Magic awaits you at table Aurora, table Cinderella, table Ariel...I can get away with it, since 80 % of my guests will be women!!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #80
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

hehe to add to the gel idea... you can get the table scatter crystals....if you look around you can get them for very cheap! you could put them in the jars / or baskets with the fruit?

Like Fall/ Winter you get frost/snow...so the crystals or the gel could be like the symbol of frost or winter on the fruits? Just throw the crystals all over the fruit!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #81
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
hehe to add to the gel idea... you can get the table scatter crystals....if you look around you can get them for very cheap! you could put them in the jars / or baskets with the fruit?

Like Fall/ Winter you get frost/snow...so the crystals or the gel could be like the symbol of frost or winter on the fruits? Just throw the crystals all over the fruit!
I'm SOOO looking into that. We have MICHAELS here, its' a craft store chain, HUGE, they have everything...so I'm heading there to check it out!!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #82
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

I'm caught up....love the plans!

I really wanted a fall wedding....but since many of our guests have gone back to school (including us) it wouldn't work for a destination wedding. I LOVE the dress! It is so pretty, and perfect for fall! The home you rented out is very gorgeous, and such a steal! It will look amazing!!! My bday is July too....I love the idea of having a ruby band (but red is so not my colour, so I think I am going to get pink )
Old 10-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #83
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
I'm caught up....love the plans!

I really wanted a fall wedding....but since many of our guests have gone back to school (including us) it wouldn't work for a destination wedding. I LOVE the dress! It is so pretty, and perfect for fall! The home you rented out is very gorgeous, and such a steal! It will look amazing!!! My bday is July too....I love the idea of having a ruby band (but red is so not my colour, so I think I am going to get pink )
Thank you SO much. I'm fortunate in that none of us are in school. We are , um, the 40 and over crowd ! So I'm THRILLED to be having a fall ceremony. Fall is my absolute fav time of year. Also, my son will be home from Afghanastan by then, I could never do this without all my children present.

Funny, as a child growing up, I HATED my birthstone, but now, as an adult, I LOVE it. It really thrills me that we'll have matching bands.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #84
malibustacey

i wish wish wish we had a Michaels over here in the UK! We have small craft stores like Hobbycraft-but its not so good as michaels. You do get the odd wedding shop like confetti but they charge a fortune for things!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #85
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Quote:

Someone has a thing for table crystals....!!

Everything is looking great Soulmates!

Bob xoxoxox
Old 10-16-2009, 05:35 AM   #86
malibustacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post

Bob xoxoxox
Hahaha its only because i cant have them at mine... crystals wont really go with the Attic look so i can at least force* you and Chris to get crystals for your weddings so i can admire them! hehehe

*in a nice way of course hehehe!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 AM   #87
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post

Bob xoxoxox
Thanks, I'm sooo enjoying planning it all!

Quote:
Hahaha its only because i cant have them at mine... crystals wont really go with the Attic look so i can at least force* you and Chris to get crystals for your weddings so i can admire them! hehehe

*in a nice way of course hehehe!
But yours will be AMAZING, even without crystals!! The Attic, ohhh la la!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:43 AM   #88
malibustacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
Thanks, I'm sooo enjoying planning it all!

But yours will be AMAZING, even without crystals!! The Attic, ohhh la la!
Its strange, we loved the Living Seas venue at first, but it costs more and that meant we had to have Disney photos, but then it went to the Whitehall- which i loved because it had the outside area and it was a room you couldnt really go wrong with, but you had to decorate it a lot to get a particular style ... and then the Attic seemed our best choice- (we didnt go and site visit it either) At first i fell in love, then i fell out of love and now in back in love with it- im just hoping our guests dont find it too wierd- i mean, the whole granny house look is not the norm for a wedding reception- but i have grown to like it because of the character and the view from the place.

Im just hoping our guests will like it! haha! it will either be a hit or a miss!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #89
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Its strange, we loved the Living Seas venue at first, but it costs more and that meant we had to have Disney photos, but then it went to the Whitehall- which i loved because it had the outside area and it was a room you couldnt really go wrong with, but you had to decorate it a lot to get a particular style ... and then the Attic seemed our best choice- (we didnt go and site visit it either) At first i fell in love, then i fell out of love and now in back in love with it- im just hoping our guests dont find it too wierd- i mean, the whole granny house look is not the norm for a wedding reception- but i have grown to like it because of the character and the view from the place.

Im just hoping our guests will like it! haha! it will either be a hit or a miss!
Ohhhh, trust me, they'll LOVE it. EVERY picture I've seen of wedding receptions, I LOVED them all. Wonderful place. It will be lovely, I'm sure!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:32 AM   #90
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Now I'm bouncing back & forth on the flower idea...while I LOVE the echo friendly vases w/ fruit, it's alot of extra work the day of the ceremony. We'd have to transport all the vases, and then put them together that day. As it is, we have alot to do that day. IF I go with the quote from the florist, which is reasonable, that's less I have to do, PLUS they deliver to us. All we'd have to do it put the centerpieces on the tables and hang some garland on the fireplace. Is the extra $200 that I would have saved doing them myself worth it? Not sure. I'll get to the house, at 2pm and the ceremony starts at 3:30. Just thinking it's too much to do and we have so much already on our plates...still on the fence. Oye vey!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: