Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #16
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
WOW .... its so nice! It soooo huge too - AND it looks like you wont have to do hardly any decorations - its so nice as it is!! And the priceee i dont blame you for booking there and then!

Those stairs are so nice too- i can just imagine everyone standing on them having photos!

Great find!
Those were EXACTLY our thoughts..less decorating to do. Really, just going to have some floral centerpieces on each table and a few hurrican glasses filled with fruit and some garland over the fireplace. Anything more and it will take away from the house.

The stairs are very nice, can't go upstairs, but the owners said we can go on the stairs for pics!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #17
Saraheg2107
Mouseketeer

Woo Hoo!!!! Another 10-10-10 Bride!!! DF figures there is no way he will forget that date.

I LOVE your cake - I might have to steal it if you don't mind. Though I'm feeling kinda like a slacker, you have way more planned than I do already!
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #18
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraheg2107 View Post
Woo Hoo!!!! Another 10-10-10 Bride!!! DF figures there is no way he will forget that date.

I LOVE your cake - I might have to steal it if you don't mind. Though I'm feeling kinda like a slacker, you have way more planned than I do already!
Feel free to steal the cake, I did!! I've planned alot, but in all honesty, it's to keep my mind off my son in Afghanastan. He left shortly after his wedding in June. Planning has been a wonderful distraction! We LOVE the date, true, you can't forget it!!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #19
jenn&nelsonrego
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP Happiness is marrying someone you can annoy for the rest of your life!

I didn't realize you had started a thread over here...

Old 10-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #20
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Yes Ma'am. Since I'm in the planning stages, I'm over here as well. Everyone is SO friendly & nice here. Loving it!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #21
alwaysdisney
Mouseketeer

I LOVE the house, it is just breathtaking. I have never seen a cake for the fall season done so elegant, just beautiful. Will say a prayer for your son.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #22
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysdisney View Post
I LOVE the house, it is just breathtaking. I have never seen a cake for the fall season done so elegant, just beautiful. Will say a prayer for your son.
You are SO sweet, thank you!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #23
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

Any pics of dresses?

Im sure i saw you post a dress... it was a lovely colour - like red wine colour... was that your dress / was it your post?

Any more planning things to share? hehee
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:17 AM   #24
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

I've just found your PJ! I love your plans so far.... I'm so jealous of your date! Thats brilliant! I wanted an Autumn wedding but DF really didn't... Such a shame! I bet your pictures will be just stunning- It's a fab season!

I love your venue... It's the sort of place I would have loved to have got married but we don't have anywhere like that round my area of the UK... It's really lovely!

I can't wait to read more of your PJ!

Bob xoxoxoxox
Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 AM   #25
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post
I've just found your PJ! I love your plans so far.... I'm so jealous of your date! Thats brilliant! I wanted an Autumn wedding but DF really didn't... Such a shame! I bet your pictures will be just stunning- It's a fab season!

I love your venue... It's the sort of place I would have loved to have got married but we don't have anywhere like that round my area of the UK... It's really lovely!

Bob xoxoxoxox

I know, you cant get such a lovely, open spaced house like that in the UK (exept for stately homes and castles-that are way way way overpriced for rental!) I think an autumn wedding is so great too - you can have so much fun with colours - deep and bright oranges, browns (SO LUSH!) ... if we had thought a little longer about our date, we would have tried to get our wedding on halloween (as we are both halloween nuts!) but we decided our date that we did choose would be better- oh well! Perhaps i might be able to convince DF for a VR in the far far future with a Halloween / Fall wedding theme!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #26
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
Any pics of dresses?

Im sure i saw you post a dress... it was a lovely colour - like red wine colour... was that your dress / was it your post?

Any more planning things to share? hehee
Well, as for the dress...I've changed my mind. Found an AMAZING gown, in gold. However, I'll have to loose an easy 50lbs to get in it. It only goes up to a certain size so, I have my work cut out for me. IF I can't get in that one, it comes in Plum, which is also a fall color. I'll post it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post

Bob xoxoxoxox
Thank you SO much! I really wasn't sure how I'd be "Received" over here, but everyone has been SO wonderful! My DP wasn't too keen on a fall ceremony, so I PROMISED it would still be elegant. Once I started showing her some pictures of ideas, she was IN!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #27
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Okay, here it is...trying to keep this a secret from DP. I have another pic of a gown on our fridge. I REALLY want to get into this one. I love it in GOLD, but will settle on the PLUM (not shown)

Old 10-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #28
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
My DP wasn't too keen on a fall ceremony, so I PROMISED it would still be elegant. Once I started showing her some pictures of ideas, she was IN!
Yours must be less stubborn than mine! I think your ceremony is going to be beautiful... The colours are just so rich and fabulous! Love them!

I'm another non-Disney bride who posts on here a lot too (With a PJ that some Disney brides convinced me to start!) and its great having the support of all the other lovely brides here on the DIS... They understand when I start having a tantrum over something (Like when we were booking our Honeymoon- My word was I in a mood that day!) and it's just the most amazing place to chat with other people all excited about all the same things!!

Bob xoxoxox
Old 10-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #29
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
Okay, here it is...trying to keep this a secret from DP. I have another pic of a gown on our fridge. I REALLY want to get into this one. I love it in GOLD, but will settle on the PLUM (not shown)

That is just STUNNING! I love it! Either Plum or Gold would be great with the autumn theming!!!

Bob xoxox
Old 10-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #30
malibustacey

ooh yeah - i love that gown- who is it by!? either colour would be amazing! you should go try them on and see what colour you like best on you if you can!

Dont it make you laugh when they only do 'certain sizes'. When i went shopping for dresses it seems like they only have teeny tiny (UK size 8!)sizes for samples...it made me feel crap trying to squish my bum and tum in EVERY dress! But hey, i found one shop that do normal sizes- and i found my dress!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: