Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #136
WDBRDWLK
Nana to Princesses Maya and Orion and Prince Joel.

Just catching up on your PJ...wow, everything looks wonderful...I would say you have been sprinkled with pixie dust!

When I saw the house, I thought I recognized it. First I thought Apex near downtown then Holly Springs near the lake then Cary...wherever it is, it is georgous. As I read your PJ I could actually picture the house with all your colors in it...fall is a great time for a wedding. My son got married in June, 2005 at NC State's rose garden and it was so hot and it was a morning wedding...now I am hoping my daughter picks fall when the time comes which I think an engagement will be early in 2010..

I love your cake, your save the date cards and the dress is my favorite. Whichever color your choose will be stunning.

You are two very lucky ladies...can't wait to read more...

and since I am local, feel free to PM me...maybe I can help.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #137
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thank you SO much. The house is the Rand-Bryan House, in Garner. We're very excited about all the planning. Right now, we've just put the deposit on the DJ/Videographer, so that's 1 less worry. Already pouring over info for our Disneymoon!!

I too am a relocated Yankee. Moved here in 1985. From Mass originally.

Chris
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #138
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegKate View Post
I finally got over to this neck of the woods... err Disboards! I completely love the fall theme Chris!! And October's just a great time of year heh heh

Seriously gorgeous dress! I already can't wait to see the pictures of you two!
Thank you SO much. I'm from Mass too, Haverhill!! It's a SMALL WORLD afterall!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #139
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDBRDWLK View Post
Just catching up on your PJ...wow, everything looks wonderful...I would say you have been sprinkled with pixie dust!

When I saw the house, I thought I recognized it. First I thought Apex near downtown then Holly Springs near the lake then Cary...wherever it is, it is georgous. As I read your PJ I could actually picture the house with all your colors in it...fall is a great time for a wedding. My son got married in June, 2005 at NC State's rose garden and it was so hot and it was a morning wedding...now I am hoping my daughter picks fall when the time comes which I think an engagement will be early in 2010..

I love your cake, your save the date cards and the dress is my favorite. Whichever color your choose will be stunning.

You are two very lucky ladies...can't wait to read more...

and since I am local, feel free to PM me...maybe I can help.

BTW, my son got married June of THIS year!! Much in common!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #140
WDBRDWLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
Thank you SO much. I'm from Mass too, Haverhill!! It's a SMALL WORLD afterall!
I am originally from Shrewsbury, just next door to Worcester on Rte.9...been in NC since 1991...
Old 11-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #141
WDBRDWLK

Just a few thoughts...
Have you heard about wrappedhersheys.com ? they have some really cute ideas We purchased from them for our 25th Anniversary in 2006 and was very pleased with it. We also had Yankee Candles custom made too...just had to have a little YANKEE in the event! We also did custom M&M's...

BTW- I will keep your son in my prayers that his tour of duty is a safe one!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #142
WDBRDWLK

Quote:
Our honeymoon ressies are made!!! Our friends who are DVC owners, just rented 2 studios for us!! The 2 studios are LESS than 1 room at a moderate for 5 nights, can't beat that one!! Why 2 studios? We're bringing my 2 daughters. They will be 15 & 21 next year and we promised next trip, they would be with us. Great thing about them coming, is we can hang out with them and have fun, but also do our own things. My middle daughter will be almost 22 and is just like me, VERY protective, so I have no worries about them venturing out on their own. I am SOOOO excited to be able to stay at BoardWalk Villas and share in the "Magic" with Christy & my daughters!! Life is good, we are blessed!
We own at Boardwalk too. That is the first DVC property we bought. We just love it there. So much to do. Make sure you all go over the Beaches n Cream at the Beach Club near the pool and have yourselves a 'Kitchen Sink' ..yummy! If you looking for a nice quiet pool head over to the pool near the community center of Boardwalk, which is on the back end of the resort. It is usually pretty empty.

Cindy
Old 11-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #143
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
We own at Boardwalk too. That is the first DVC property we bought. We just love it there. So much to do. Make sure you all go over the Beaches n Cream at the Beach Club near the pool and have yourselves a 'Kitchen Sink' ..yummy! If you looking for a nice quiet pool head over to the pool near the community center of Boardwalk, which is on the back end of the resort. It is usually pretty empty.

Cindy
Great tips, thanks!! I know my daughters are going to LOVE this resort. We stayed at WLV's this past trip and my partner & I really loved it. Laid back, gorgeous, HUGE, and we were treated like royalty! Our friends who are DVC members, this is their home resort and they LOVE it. Infact, everyone we know that has stayed there, LOVES it as well!! We're going at a perfect time of year!! Can't wait, 10 months!!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #144
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

Thats great about the the studios!!! Where are they at? I want to consider the renting DVC points but i just find the whole dvc thing very confusing! hehe!! it sounds sooo good- you got a good deal!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #145
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
Thats great about the the studios!!! Where are they at? I want to consider the renting DVC points but i just find the whole dvc thing very confusing! hehe!! it sounds sooo good- you got a good deal!
These are at the BoardWalk Villas, over across from Epcot. Renting is WAYYY cheaper than regular rooms. We are renting TWO studios, for LESS than ONE room at a moderate resort!! One studio, with a kitchenette, balcony, FREE valet parking, queen bed, pullout sofa AND on the water, it's $540 for 5 nights!!! Depends on WHEN you go, rates change w/ the seasons. I can't say enough about renting points!!!!

Last edited by soulmates; 11-16-2009 at 10:32 AM.
soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #146
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

Oh my goodness!! thats amazing! i remember you telling me about staying at the boardwalk. I would LOVE to stay there as its so close to my wedding!! I really may have to consider into looking into renting!

Its not only me that wants to find a good deal- my mum needs somewhere that will sleep 5- and the room prices are absolutely CRAZY! a studio like that would be perfect! But for me and wayne- we want somewhere special as we will only be spending about 5 days in disney and you know, the boardwalk would be such a good location! i could roll out of bed and down the aisle!

*maybe you'll have to give me your friends details haha!!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #147
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

HAHA, I doubt you'll roll outta bed and down the aisle!! ANY DVC is a good choice. There are SO many people who are willing to rent for $10 a point!! Go to the DVC rental board!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #148
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Just a few thoughts...
Have you heard about wrappedhersheys.com ? they have some really cute ideas We purchased from them for our 25th Anniversary in 2006 and was very pleased with it. We also had Yankee Candles custom made too...just had to have a little YANKEE in the event! We also did custom M&M's...

BTW- I will keep your son in my prayers that his tour of duty is a safe one!
Thanks for keeping Aaron in your prayers. We did consider doing the personalized candy, but have since decided on doing a CANDY BUFFET BAR. Our guests can take a to go bag home, and fill it with different candies of their choice!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #149
WDBRDWLK

Quote:
Thanks for keeping Aaron in your prayers. We did consider doing the personalized candy, but have since decided on doing a CANDY BUFFET BAR. Our guests can take a to go bag home, and fill it with different candies of their choice!
I have seen pictures of a candy buffet bars from a wedding in October...wow, that is a great idea...have you picked your wedding cake and car bar vendors yet?? The girl that got married in October had a wonderful one and was very reasonable too. I think she said she is in Holly Springs which is just a few miles away! Let me know if you want the name and phone number and I will PM it to you.

Cindy

p.s. my daughter is about to get engaged! She and her boyfriend have been looking at rings and she wants a diamond in the middle with sapphire baggetts on the side so last Friday he went by himself ... they have a tenative date 11/11/10
Old 12-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #150
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
I have seen pictures of a candy buffet bars from a wedding in October...wow, that is a great idea...have you picked your wedding cake and car bar vendors yet?? The girl that got married in October had a wonderful one and was very reasonable too. I think she said she is in Holly Springs which is just a few miles away! Let me know if you want the name and phone number and I will PM it to you.

Cindy

p.s. my daughter is about to get engaged! She and her boyfriend have been looking at rings and she wants a diamond in the middle with sapphire baggetts on the side so last Friday he went by himself ... they have a tenative date 11/11/10
Yes, our wedding cake pics are on my thread, the vendor is out of Raleigh. We are going for our tasting after the holidays. She did our friends wedding! Having picked the candy vendors, prolly do something online.

My daughter's fiance picked the ring out all by himself, which is HUGE because he's never done anything like that. I've YET to see it, she's supposed to post pics today. She's 3 hrs away, so I won't see her till Christmas Day!! I won't make it till then...I need to see it NOW!

Mine hasn't picked a date yet, they know Spring of 2011, guessing April ish, maybe late March. We'll do all that after the holidays.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: