Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #76
dzalice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
I just found your PTR! (I was hunting out more October 2010 trippers). I was interested in your discussions on US and HP. We're trying to decide if we want to take time away from WDW and check it out. We're really only interested in the HP stuff and haven't really gone offsite (other than one day trip to Kennedy Space Center), we really guard our WDW time.

How are you liking your iTouch? Have you downloaded the DIS ap? I can't get an iPhone, but was thinking about upgrading from my iPod to an iTouch just to keep all my info in one place. I'd be interested in hearing what apps you use frequently.

Jane
Well Hello Jane! and Welcome! I know what you mean about the HP stuff being the main reason to go to US. I keep looking at their attractions and not finding a whole lot I want to do. Of course, that doesnt mean I wont find something to keep me occupied for two days there!
I am definitely liking my iTouch. I have 4 Disney related apps on it, Mouse Memos, Park hours, Dining and another one I cant remember right now. I'm really liking the hours and the dining, which has menus and prices. So now, if I'm standing in the middle of HS and trying to decide where i want to eat, I can pull out my Touch and check menus on the fly. Very handy. But I am ashamed to say that the app I am currently using the most is Solitaire. Very handy to have when you are waiting at the doctor's office. According to Zig, we should be making our resort reservations early next month. Then I guess we are waiting til April for the ADRS, still trying to iron those out.

dzalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #77
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
I just found your PTR! (I was hunting out more October 2010 trippers). I was interested in your discussions on US and HP. We're trying to decide if we want to take time away from WDW and check it out. We're really only interested in the HP stuff and haven't really gone offsite (other than one day trip to Kennedy Space Center), we really guard our WDW time.

Jane
Jane. I see you will be arriving shortly before we do. We guard our WDW time very jealously too. Iím not happy unless I have at least 6 days at the parks, which is why we are taking a longer trip this time. I have to admit that my main reason for the US trip is Harry Potter. The Harry Potter Exhibition in Chicago just whet my appetite. There were so many exquisite details that you just can't catch in the movies, like the intricacies of the Marauderís Map, the desk accessories in Umbrageís office and the embroidery on the bedclothes. I can't think of too many other things I would rather do than spend time in Hogwarts Castle. Since the Art Director for the film is working with Universal to create the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Iím sure we will see those details reflected in the new attractions. What are you most looking forward to seeing there? Besides Hogwarts Castle I am looking forward to lunch at the Three Broomsticks.

We havenít been to US in almost 20 years so we are taking 2 days this trip. I doubt it will take us that long to get through both parks since we will avoid the thrill rides. But I want plenty of time to savor Potterland. In fact I hope we can spend most of our second day there. Right now we are planning to eat at the Three Broomsticks that day so we can take our time and enjoy the atmosphere without feeling the need to rush off to the next attraction. If you are just interested in HP you could probably get by with one day. We don't think we will spend the whole second day there so we are sprining for an extra day's park hopper for the evening.

Aug 1992, off site International Drive
Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
pixiepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #78
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

OK,I have submitted my PTO request for our October dates. I'm not anticipating any problem getting it approved. Now I need to get to work on that calendar so we can start penciling in tentative plans.

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 01-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #79
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

Hey, signed up for the new Disney Planning DVD today. Not that we really need it but it helps get me in the mood. Been spending a lot of time lately thinking about the drive down there. That's mostly my responsibility since we will be taking my RAV again. I have got to try to get the calendar printed today so we can start making plans. I see some of the EMH days have been switched around so we may have to wait for the official park hours before we can finalize anythng. We are waiting on the MNSSHP schedule as well.

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 01-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #80
dzalice
Mouseketeer

Yes, I have been loading apps on my iTouch like there is no tomorrow. Mostly hotel look up info, so we can have an idea of where to stop on the way down. Trouble is, they all need a wifi connection, so i guess I'll have to find the info the old fashioned way, by internet. I do have my Park Hours and Restaurant guide ready though. I like the Restaurant guide, it gives the whole menu, so if you want a hamburger, you know you shouldn't go to Columbia Harbor House. It will come in handy when i am standing in front of some CS trying to read the menu.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #81
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

When you start dreaming about WDW it must mean itís time to get serious about booking the trip. Especially when it was not a very reassuring dream. We arrived at our WDW resort in this dream to find that they had lost our reservation. In the end they were able to find us space at the Wilderness Lodge (I must really want to go back here because we are supposed to be booking CBR for this trip). Luckily all our ADRs were still in order since we had booked them at a different time. Hopefully this won't turn out to be a prophetic dream. With a little luck, we may be booking this week, though I am still waiting for approval of my PTO. Keep your fingers crossed.

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #82
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

We are booked!!! Went online first thing this morning and got it all taken are of: 9 nights in a pirate room with a water view at CBR, quick service dining and a 7 day park hopper.

Whatís next? Waiting on MNSSHP dates and tickets, planning a day for a KTTK tour, ADRs, US tickets, and park hours so we can plan, plan, plan.

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 02-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #83
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

I'll be there in Oct too - I can't wait!

Dis_Yoda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #84
dzalice
Mouseketeer

Yippee! Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me!!!! And Welcome, Dis Yoda!

Old 02-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #85
hkclem8328
Earning My Ears

October is the way to go!

Hey there, I am jumping into your report a bit late, but just came across it. I too have lurked around these boards for a little while. My family and I are headed to Disney the end of October! I look forward to folling your pre-trippie along!!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #86
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

Ahoy there, mateys! Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the trip. Wow, looks like October is a really popular month. Anyone else planning to attend MNSSHP while they are there?

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #87
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

Our Disney Planning DVD arrived yesterday. Too bad we will have to wait until after the Olympics to watch it. Not that we need it for the planning tips, I just like to watch it to get overly excited about the upcoming trip.

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 03-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #88
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

Had a bit of a chuckle last night. I was surfing the WDW Dining app on my sister's iTouch last night when I accidentally hit the Near Me button. Kind of nice to know that Pinocchio's Village Haus is the closest Disney dining establishment to my house, only 966 miles away.

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 03-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #89
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

The big discussion this weekend was about driving. How far do we think we might get? Should we chose a destination, make a reservation and just keep driving till we get there? Or should we just wing it, going as far as we possibly can and then find a place to stay? Chattanooga is our halfway point so we definitely want to be past that. We could stop between Chattanooga and Atlanta or push on past Atlanta. Now, I have done the Atlanta in a day thing, have even done the Macon in a day thing. Let me tell you that by the time I hit the GA line I am ready to be out of the car!! Of course, I donít usually have getting to WDW as an incentive. The drawback to making a reservation is getting there earlier than anticipated and regretting that we could have gotten farther. We hopped online and did a little research on possible stopping points and available hotels. Still havenít come to a definite decision on what we will do but thereís plenty of time to work that out.

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 03-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #90
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiepirate View Post
Had a bit of a chuckle last night. I was surfing the WDW Dining app on my sister's iTouch last night when I accidentally hit the Near Me button. Kind of nice to know that Pinocchio's Village Haus is the closest Disney dining establishment to my house, only 966 miles away.
Hi - I've been lurking for a while and love reading about your plans. I have to ask about the app that you mentioned above. I just got the iTouch and haven't had much time to look around for apps. Can you tell me about the one that you are talking about?

Also, regarding your hotel issue. When you are looking at hotels, ask about their cancellation policy. A lot of hotels will let you cancel on the day of arrival by 4pm or 6pm. You can make a couple of reservations and then depending on how far you get you can decide where you want to stop.

I wish we were able to drive, but that would take up 1/2 of our vacation.

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: