Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #16
disneycat_f2008
Mouseketeer

Hello its been great reading through this all

You guys will be out there when me & my hubby are planning on going next year, I just had my 2 & half weeks confirmed back today just gotta wait for my hubby to gets his confirmed now (he has to wait for me as I work in a call centre) but we are planning on flying out on the 3rd Oct to 19th Oct

Regarding the Universal Studio's & Island of Adventure, the advice I cna give you for that is, everyone will head towards Universal Studio's first in the morning so head staright towards Island of Adventure, me & my hubby done that last year on our honeymoon & managed to do both parks in one day as we done Island of Adventure in 2 hours as it had no q's at all.

We are like you & going in Oct to go to the Harry Potter Land (well actually I am dragging my hubby along to that lol) i am really looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with that but i'm not sure that you will need a whole day from what I have seen probably half a day would do & if you don;t like big rides you may still get the rest of the parks done in the same day as well or may just need a morning to pop back & mop the rest if the parks up.

Hope that helps you out a bit with universal

May 2002 - with my sister - offsite
April 2008 - with my Husband - on Honeymoon - stayed offsite at wynfield inn

A Link to our Honeymoon Photo's in Disney
disneycat_f2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #17
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycat_f2008 View Post
Hello its been great reading through this all

Regarding the Universal Studio's & Island of Adventure, the advice I can give you for that is, everyone will head towards Universal Studio's first in the morning so head straight towards Island of Adventure, me & my hubby done that last year on our honeymoon & managed to do both parks in one day as we done Island of Adventure in 2 hours as it had no q's at all.
A big thanks for reading. We were beginning to wonder if we were boring everyone out there.

Thanks also for the info on US. Your suggestions fit right in with out plan as we are definitely heading to Islands of Adventure and Potterland first thing. I just hope everyone else does not have the same idea. Then it will be off to Superhero Land for Di.

We did think we would get most of the 2 parks done in one day. Mostly we are going back the second day to spend more time with Harry. We are planning to have an extra days park hopper for WDW so we can head to a park if we are back early.

Lucky you to be going for 2 1/2 weeks. Please let us know if you are doing a pre-trip report. We would love to see how your plans are coming together.

Zig

Aug 1992, off site International Drive
Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
pixiepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #18
dzalice
Mouseketeer

Universal

Hey, thanks for the kind words, disneycat f2008, and welcome to our pre trip report. So what are your thoughts on Mythos? Zig thinks it would be "interesting" to eat there. I, for one, would rather hang out at Captain America's but then I am a superhero fan.

dzalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #19
disneycat_f2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiepirate View Post
A big thanks for reading. We were beginning to wonder if we were boring everyone out there.

Thanks also for the info on US. Your suggestions fit right in with out plan as we are definitely heading to Islands of Adventure and Potterland first thing. I just hope everyone else does not have the same idea. Then it will be off to Superhero Land for Di.

We did think we would get most of the 2 parks done in one day. Mostly we are going back the second day to spend more time with Harry. We are planning to have an extra days park hopper for WDW so we can head to a park if we are back early.

Lucky you to be going for 2 1/2 weeks. Please let us know if you are doing a pre-trip report. We would love to see how your plans are coming together.

Zig
Well you didn't bore me I found your trip report to be great when I was reading it last night.

I can't really see it having to much of an inpact that it changes the crowds to much on which park they head to. Superhero land is cool the Spiderman ride is great went on that a few times while we were there.

I'm really loking forward to Harry Potter land, we are lucky at having alreay done the 2 parks before I know we can do it all in once day again & still spend more time in Disney.

I know we are lucky to be doing 2 & half weeks this time, I will let you know once I start a trp report, just waiting on my hubby to get his dates confirmed at work then I will know the def dates we are going & I can strt to book it all

Old 10-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #20
disneycat_f2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzalice View Post
Hey, thanks for the kind words, disneycat f2008, and welcome to our pre trip report. So what are your thoughts on Mythos? Zig thinks it would be "interesting" to eat there. I, for one, would rather hang out at Captain America's but then I am a superhero fan.
Well I have only ever eaten over at Universal Studio's at the Monster Cafe which is really nice, so this time we are looking to eat some where different this time. I am going to look at the site & see what other places there are to eat, I shall have a look at them & let you know what I think

Old 10-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #21
dzalice
Mouseketeer

So, disneycat, are you and your husband thrill riders? I ask because you said you did the Islands in about 2 hrs and this seems like not enough time if you are riding things like The Hulk, Spiderman, or Dueling Dragons. Or is it that you really can get thru the Islands a lot faster than you can something like Magic Kingdom?

Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #22
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I can't really see it having to much of an impact that it changes the crowds too much on which park they head to. Superhero land is cool the Spiderman ride is great went on that a few times while we were there.

I'm really looking forward to Harry Potter land, we are lucky at having alreay done the 2 parks before I know we can do it all in once day again & still spend more time in Disney.

I know we are lucky to be doing 2 & half weeks this time, I will let you know once I start a trp report, just waiting on my hubby to get his dates confirmed at work then I will know the def dates we are going & I can strt to book it all
I'm just wondering if the fact that Potterland is the big new thing will draw people toward the Islands first. It's been so long since we were last at US that this will be our test trip to see how long it will take us to see the attractions that really interest us. Then we can plan better for future trips.

I also am really looking forward to Harry Potter. I just hope my expectations are not too high. Every time I see Hogwarts in the movies I just want to be there.

Zig

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #23
dzalice
Mouseketeer

The Unofficial Guide

I bought the new Unofficial Guide a couple of weeks ago and have been going over it. Actually it was kind of a kick, we still have our 1999 guide and it was about 1/3 the size of the new 2010 guide. I didnít really find it to be that useful to me though. We already know what resort we are staying at and what table service meals we want. We know the attractions we will do and those we will skip, so I guess if I buy one every 10 years I should be OK. The most useful part of the guide so far was the Universal Studios sections. However, I was disappointed to see that they put Hollywood Studios, Universal Studios and Seaworld all in the same section. I can see lumping Universal and Seaworld together, but I would have preferred that Hollywood got its own section, like MK, AK and Epcot. Still it did give me more info on the rides at Universal and an approximation of the size of the parks. I still didnít find anything new I wanted to ride over there though.

I havenít had the chance to look at the Guide yet, too busy trying to finish Dan Brownís Angels and Demons.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #24
disneycat_f2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So, disneycat, are you and your husband thrill riders? I ask because you said you did the Islands in about 2 hrs and this seems like not enough time if you are riding things like The Hulk, Spiderman, or Dueling Dragons. Or is it that you really can get thru the Islands a lot faster than you can something like Magic Kingdom?
Just call me Cat

Yep we love all the thrill rides & went on all the big ones at Island of Adventure, as I said we hit the Island first while everyone else seemed to be heading towards Universal, got there at opening, walked round clockwise & actually walked onto every ride with no queue as no one was there yet it only started to get busy as we were leaving the park & heading towards Universal Studio's. We left out the Dr Seuss part as that didn't interest either of us but pretty much done everything else.

I just think at the time we went you really can get thru Island alot quicker then any of the Disney Parks now matter what time you start them parks lol

Old 10-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #25
disneycat_f2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm just wondering if the fact that Potterland is the big new thing will draw people toward the Islands first. It's been so long since we were last at US that this will be our test trip to see how long it will take us to see the attractions that really interest us. Then we can plan better for future trips.

I also am really looking forward to Harry Potter. I just hope my expectations are not too high. Every time I see Hogwarts in the movies I just want to be there.

Zig
It could pull people there first, one thing I am going to do closer to the time is look at what reports of what type of crowds there are & when they are going there hopefully that will help out.

I ma to but like you I am really hoping that it won't let me down

Old 10-22-2009, 07:13 AM   #26
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It could pull people there first, one thing I am going to do closer to the time is look at what reports of what type of crowds there are & when they are going there hopefully that will help out.

I ma to but like you I am really hoping that it won't let me down
Do you have a specific site you access for US info? So far I haven't found one that is particualrly helpful.

Zig

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014
Old 10-22-2009, 10:24 AM   #27
dzalice
Mouseketeer

Well, that's sounds great. I expect we will be heading over there first thing anyway, according to Zig. Do you know of any site with a good map of the Islands and the Studios? So far, I havent been able to find anything worthwhile.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #28
disneycat_f2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, that's sounds great. I expect we will be heading over there first thing anyway, according to Zig. Do you know of any site with a good map of the Islands and the Studios? So far, I havent been able to find anything worthwhile.
The actual Universal website used to hold a great map that I used last year but i was looking on there last night & they don't seem to have a map anymore so I will look for one over the next few days & I if find one I will post it on here for you

Old 10-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #29
disneycat_f2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Do you have a specific site you access for US info? So far I haven't found one that is particualrly helpful.

Zig
No not really I haven't found any that are really helpful, i'm hoping that when it opens they will just release lots of reports about it

Old 10-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #30
pixiepirate
Mouseketeer

My cousin is heading off to WDW tomorrow for 5 days at BLT and then her first Disney cruise I wish I was going with her. I can't help thinking that if we had not changed our plans we would be in Disney right now. But then we would not have had that great trip last spring. I have to just keep reminding myself: This time next year. This time next year.

Zig

Oct 1999, CSR
Sep 2008, WL/Mar 2009 BC
Oct 2010 CBR
Apr 2012 GF/Nov 2012 WL
YC Sep 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: